Infinitive vs. Ing-form. Variant 1
1. Jessie promised (help) me after classes.
2. I expect my friends (help) me in every difficult situation.
3. (clean) your
teeth after every meal is a good habit.
4. Our boss advised us (have) lunch at an Italian cafe.
5. I suggest (go) to the cinema.
6. We are going to a sports centre. Would you like (join) us? - With pleasure. I fancy (play) table tennis a little.
7. Tom has eaten almost all the sweets. I refuse (give) him anymore.
8. I enjoy (listen) to music.
9. I hope (get) a scooter as a Christmas present.
10. I dislike (spend) a lot of time indoors.
11. Here is Mr. Dirk. Let's stop (talk) to her.
12. It was too long distance to consider (drive) every day.
13. I'm looking forward to (meet) my friend.
14. Paul, will you remember (buy) me an ice-cream?
15. I tried (learn) the poem, but I'm afraid I remember only half of it.
16. Jason promised (give) me a good digital camera as a birthday present.
17. We didn't know what to do, Then Fred suggested (play) a board game.
18. Jack denies (be) rude with the teachers.
19. I'm sorry for (be) late.
20. This dress is worth (wear).
Infinitive vs. Ing-form. Variant 2
1. Mother is busy (make) my birthday cake.
2. I'm tired, I want (have) a rest.
3. I'm tired of (tidy) my room.
4. (play) football is my favourite thing to do.
5. I have nothing (read). Let's go to the library (borrow) a nice book.
6. I would like Sam and Ben (play) football with me.
7. Sandra doesn't mind (share) her lunch with her friends.
8. I avoid (eat) in fast-food restaurants.
9. It used to be very difficult for Mrs. Ryan to work long hours. Now she is used to (stay) at work till 8 p.m.
10. How about (watch) a cartoon? - Oh, actually, I'd prefer (watch) a good adventure film.
11. This cake is worth (eat).
12. I've bought some cheese and tomatoes (make) a pizza.
13. Mr. Lamar hopes (get) a promotion in December.
14. I'm sorry I forgot (take) a shopping list.
15.While on a picnic, avoid (stand) near an open fire.
16. I'm afraid we
don't have enough flour (make) pancakes.
17. Ted can't stand (be) in noisy places.
18. It's too noisy here. Stop (talk) so loudly.
19. I can't help you now. I'm trying (draw) a nice picture.
20. I suggest (go) to the park.
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: