Международный конкурс "Мириады открытий"
(конкурс сразу по 24 предметам за один оргвзнос)
A trip to America
The themе: «A trip to America»
Objectives: 1. Students will be able to make up 5 - 8 sentences in Present Simple/Present Continuous
2. To develop pupils abilities in writing, reading, speaking
and to develop pupils memory.
To enrich pupils knowledge in lexics and grammar.
3. To bring - up to take care of nature and environment.
Aids: cards, posters, pictures, envelops, text - book. interactive board
The type of the lesson: combined lesson
The organization moment:
- Stand up, please!
- Goodafternoon children!
- Sit down, please!
- I am very glad to see you
- Who is on duty today?
- What is the date today?
- What is the day today?
- Who is absent?
- What’s the weather like today?
I. Wаrm - up activities
Today we have unusual lesson - we’ll make a trip to America! Don’t be afraid, remember these words:
“All mistakes are O. K.,
Everyone makes them!”
b) Checking hometask
- What was your hometask for today? Are you ready?
- Let’s check your hometask. Ex1, Ex2, Ex3 (p31)
To learn by heart the rule.
(Звучит мелодия “America the beautiful!”).
Teacher: Who knows this music?
Pupil: This is the national anthem of America.
Teacher: Yes, sure! “America the beautiful”. Americans love their country and now we’ll have a trip to America. Let’s divide into 2 groups.
II. Follow - up activities
Now I’d like to tell you some interesting facts about America.
The USA is the most powerful and highly developed country of the world. Christopher Columbus discovered America. It is situated in the central part of the North American continent. The capital of the USA is Washington. It is situated in the District of Columbia. Washington is a beautiful administrative city with practically no industry. The first president of the USA was George Washington. Nowadays the president of the USA is Barack Obama. Do you know other symbols of America? One more symbol of America is the Statue of Liberty. The national symbol of America is the bald eagle. The American flag consists of 50 stars, 13 stripes, white and red colors. The largest city of America is New York. (сопровождается презентацией).
Now I’d like you to answer my questions. One question for one group.
1. Who discovered America? (Christopher Columbus)
2. Who was the first president of the USA? (George Washington)
3. What is the national symbol of America? (The bald eagle)
4. What is the capital of the USA? (Washington)
5. What can you see on the American flag? (50 stars, 13 stripes, white and red colors)
6. What is the largest city of America? (New York)
Well done! Thank you!
Do you know anything about American way of life?
I’d like you to watch a film about the American way of life.
Did you like it?
And do you know American places of interest? Which of them? I’d like you to watch a presentation about American places of interest.
And now your task is to match the titles with the pictures.
1. The Empire State Building
3. The Capitol
4. Central Park
5. The Statue of Liberty
6. The White House
7. Broadway Broadway
8. Washington Monument
Now I’ll give you the papers where you can see a crossword. The task is to write the words in the crossword and to tell me the secret word.
1. The capital of America.
2. The surname of American president.
3. The national symbol of America – the bald...
4. The name of the first American president.
5. All children in the world dream of visiting this place.
6. Who discovered America – Christopher...
7. American flag consists of 13 strips and 50...
Now let’s check! Who can tell me the secret word?
As I said New York is the largest city in America, but there are also other big cities.
Present Simple/Present Continuous
1. It (often/rain) in this part of the world.
A. is often raining
B. often rains
2. Take your umbrella. It(rain).
B. is raining
3 Granny is in the kitchen. She (make) a plum - cake.
A. is making
4. My wife (often/make) plum - cake.
A. is often making
B. often makes
5. Can you phone a bit later, please? Jane (have a bath).
A. is having a bath
B. has a bath
6. Run downstairs. Your sister (wait) for you.
A. is waiting
7. I don’t know Spanish, but I (learn) it now.
A. am earning
8. John (still/work) in the garden.
A. is still working
B. still works
9. Dad (usually/work) on Saturdays.
A. is usually working
B. usually works
10. Usually I (have coffee) in the morning, but now I (drink) tea.
A. am having coffee A. drink
B. have coffee B. am drinking
11. We (sometimes/go) to the cinema.
A. are sometimes going
B. sometimes go
12. – What she (do)?- She is secretary at our college.
A. is she doing
B. she does
C. does she do
13. Why you (sit) at my desk? Could you take your place?
A. Why are you sitting
B. Why do you sit
C. Why you are sitting
14. We’ve got tickets, and tomorrow evening we (go) to the cinema.
B. are going
15. -…you (do) anything tomorrow afternoon?
- I (play) tennis with my friend.
A. Are you doing A. am playing
B. Do you do B. play
I’d like you to watch one more presentation about American cities.
• Do you like our lesson?
• What do you like to do best of all?
• What new information have you learnt?
Round - off activities
a) Giving hometask
Ex1, Ex2,(p35), Ex5(p86), and learn by heart the dialogue.
b) Marks and comments
- Your answers were good (bad).
- Your marks for today …
Dear boys and girls you worked very well today, thank you for your attention.
57 вебинаров для учителей на разные темы
ПЕРЕЙТИ к бесплатному просмотру
(заказ свидетельства о просмотре - только до 11 декабря)
|Подраздел||Другие методич. материалы|
Свидетельство о публикации данного материала автор может скачать в разделе «Достижения» своего сайта.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|