The 4 forms
THE CROCODILE AND THE MONKEY
Read the text
Once upon a time there lived a Monkey. He lived in a big tree near the river.
There were lots of crocodiles in this river. They liked to watch the Monkey, who played and jumped in the tree.
One day an old Mother Crocodile said to her son: “I want to eat that Monkey. Go and get him for me.”
“But I can’t do that,” said her son. “I can’t climb trees and the Monkey never comes down to the river.” “But you must try your best to get him for me,” said the old Mother Crocodile.
Suddenly the young Crocodile had an idea. He thought: “I shall ask the Monkey to go to the place where there is a lot of fruit. The Monkey likes fruit very much, and he will get down from the tree and go together with me.”
So the young Crocodile swam up to the tree where the Monkey lived and said: “Monkey, do you want to go to the place where there is a lot of fruit?” “How can I go?” said the Monkey “I cannot swim.” “I shall help you,” said the Crocodile. “Jump on my back.” The Monkey jumped on the Crocodile’s back.
The Crocodile said: “You, foolish Monkey! Now I shall get you to my mother and she will eat your heart.” “Oh, I’m sorry, but I don’t have my heart with me – it is at home,” said the Monkey. “Take me back home and I shall get my heart for your mother” The Crocodile swam back and the Monkey jumped up into the tree. She laughed loudly. So the young Crocodile swam back to his mother without the Monkey.
Some days passed. The Crocodile swam to the Monkey’s home and said: “I want to eat you!” “All right,” said the Monkey. “Open your mouth and I shall jump into it.” But when the Crocodile opens his mouth, he closes his eyes. The Monkey knew this. So, he opened his mouth and closed his eyes. And the Monkey quickly jumped on the Crocodile’s head and over to another tree. The Crocodile opened his eyes and saw the Monkey in another tree. He said: “You are a very clever monkey. After this I shall not try to get you.”
“Oh, it’s very kind of you,” said the Monkey, “but I shall my eyes open just the same.”
Найдите правильно предложение:
1. The Monkey lived…
a) in a big tree;
b) in a river;
c) in a house.
2. In the river there were:
a) lots of fish;
b) lots of crocodiles;
c) lots of sharks.
3. The old Mother Crocodile wanted:
a) to play with the Monkey;
b) to eat the Monkey;
c) to sing with the Monkey.
4. The Crocodile must try his best:
a) to eat the Monkey;
b) to get the Monkey for his mother;
c) to talk to the Monkey.
5. The Crocodile shall ask the Monkey:
a) to play with him;
b) to go to the place where there are lots of monkeys;
c) To go to the place where there is a lot of fruit.
6. The Monkey likes:
7. The Monkey can’t:
8. The Monkey jumped:
a) in the river;
b) on the Crocodile’s back;
c) in the Crocodile’s mouth.
9. The Crocodile said, that the Monkey is:
10. The Crocodile swam to his mother:
a) with the Monkey;
b) with the Monkey’s heart;
c) without the Monkey.
11. When the Crocodile opens his mouth, he:
a) closes his eyes;
b) claps his hands;
c) moves his tail.
12. The Crocodile opened his eyes and saw:
a) the Monkey in the river;
b) in another tree;
c) in his mouth.
II.Найдите правильный ответ на вопрос
1. Where did the Monkey live? a) The crocodiles liked to watch the Monkey.
2. Was the river full of crocodiles? b) Yes, he does.
3. What did the crocodiles like to do? c) The Monkey jumped on the Crocodile’s back.
4. What did the Mother Crocodile want? d) He saw the Monkey in another tree.
5. Did she ask her son to get the Monkey? e) Yes, it was.
6. Does the Monkey like fruit very much? f) No, he didn’t.
7. Can the Monkey swim? g) The Monkey lived in a big tree near the river.
8. Where did the Monkey jump? h) Yes, he was.
9. Was the Monkey foolish? i) Yes, she did.
10. Where did the Crocodile see the Monkey? j) No, he can’t.
11. Did the Crocodile get the Monkey? k) She wanted to eat the Monkey’s heart.
12. Was the Monkey clever? l) No, he wasn’t.
Краткое описание документа:
Данная разработка адресована ученикам 4 класса для проверки навыков чтения и понимания содержания текста после прочитанного. Учащимся предстоит прочитать текст и ответить на вопросы к тексту. Данные разработки заданий способствуют развитию интереса и повышению мотивации учащихся к изучению английского языка, а так же проверке лексических и грамматических навыков. Задания по чтению могут быть использованы для проведения предметной недели по английскому языку, а так же при итоговых срезах и проведении олимпиад по английскому языку. Задание по чтению способствует развитию и получению новой информации при изучении английского языка.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|