TEST FOR THE 9th FORM
1. Chose the correct answers. Complete the sentences:
The geographical name of the two large islands of Great Britain and Ireland and a lot of small islands around them is … .
The Britain Isles;
The United Kingdom;
2. What are the capitals of these countries?
1) The capital of Scotland is… . a) London;
2) The capital of Russia is… . b) Edinburgh;
3) The capital of Wales is … . c) Cardiff;
4) The capital of the UK is … . d) Moscow.
3. Match the characteristics of the British with the correct definitions:
1) polite; a) like to be around people;
2) honest; b) have good manners;
3) serious; c) tell the truth;
4) sociable. d) think deeply about things.
4. Define the types of the questions:
1) How would you describe Dublin?
2) Do the British speak Gaelic?
3) Is John Bull the symbol of the typical Englishman or the typical Russian man?
4) The British haven’t good manners, have they?
a) General Question (общие вопрос);
b) Special Question (специальный вопрос);
c) Alternative Question (альтернативный вопрос);
d) Disjunctive Question (разделительный вопрос).
5. Fill in the correct word:
a) people; b) a people; c) peoples; d) pupil.
1) How many ... live in your country?
2) The British ... are considered great animal lovers.
3) Jane is a very good … .
6. Find Russian equivalents of the proverb: My home is my castle.
a) Дома и стены помогают.
b) Мой дом – моя крепость.
c) В гостях хорошо, а дома лучше.
d) Нет лучше места, чем дом родной.
7. Match English worlds with Russian equivalents:
1) sociable; a) язык;
2) island; b) общительный;
3) language; c) остров;
4) to consist of; d) состоять из.
8. Find the other half of these English proverbs.
1) East or West a) its customs.
2) There is no place b) the welcomer home.
3) The wider we roam (travel) c) like home.
Every country has d) home is best.
9. Make questions from the words below.
City, like, British, you, what, would, to visit?
Are, going, to, where, you, stay?
10. Chose the word or phrase which best completes the information.
1) I know that you are very … on active holidays
2) I would like to show you around the city, when you … to visit us.
b) are coming;
c) will come;
d)will be coming.
11. List the most important things for traveling abroad
A travel guide
A history book
12. What is the tense of the sentence?
1) I will visit Britain someday. a) Future Simple
2) I will be staying at the hotel for 2 weeks. b) Future Continuous
3) Football has been played for hundreds of years. c) Present Perfect Passive
4) He has tasted Italian food. d) Present Perfect
13. Fill in right words:
In the USA Thanksgiving Day 1…….. as a holiday of thanksgiving in the early days of the American colonies about four hundred years ago.
In 1620, a 2…….. with more than one hundred people sailed across the Atlantic Ocean to the New World* to what is now the state of Massachusetts.
Their first 3……… was very difficult and without fresh food, half the 4……… died.
The Native Americans showed them how 5…….. corn, a new food for the colonists, they showed them how to hunt and 6……….. In the autumn of 1621, bountiful crops of corn, beans and pumpkins were picked up. The colonists had much to be thankful for. They invited the local 7……… to a Thanksgiving dinner.
a) winter; e) boat;
b) to grow; f) Indians;
с) fish; g) started.
14. Chose the correct answers.
1) The first of the Modern Olympic Games were held in
a)London; b) Barcelona; c) Rome; d) Athens.
2) The Olympic symbol is
a) 4 interlaced squares; b) 5 interlaced rings; c) 3 blue stars; d) a red line.
3) The third-place winner in an Olympic event receives
a) a silver medal; b) a gold medal; c) a bronze medal; d) a certificate.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|