CONTROL WORK ( form 7 )
I. Read the following text and do the task below.
Caroline was at school in a small, quiet town in England. She was sixteen, and her mother and father were poor, and their house was very small. Ann was Caroline’s friend. Caroline said, ‘’Ann, I am going to find a very rich man and I am going to marry him. Then I am going to have a beautiful house and a large garden and a lot of clothes and a lot of money,”
Caroline went to London and then to America where she found a man she wanted to marry.
Some years later she came back to England and invited her friend Ann. Of course she wanted to boast about her life. She said, “Ann, I’ve married a very rich man. I’ve got a beautiful house and a large garden. My husband has got a plane and flies it!”
Ann said, “A lot of people have got planes and fly them.”
“But my husband does it in his house!”
Write down whether the following statements are true or false.
1. Caroline wanted to work in her small town.
2. Caroline went to London and then to Europe to find a husband.
3. Caroline saw Ann in England again.
4. Caroline said that she could fly her plane.
II. Open the brackets. Conditional sentences.
1. If my father ( to return ) early, we will watch TV together.
2. If I got a ticket, I ( to go ) to the concert.
3. If mother ( to buy ) a cake, we would have a very nice tea party.
4. If you ( not to work ) systematically, you will fail the exam.
III. Translate the sentences into English. Use Complex Object.
1. Я хочу, чтобы вы прочитали эту книгу.
2. Мой брат хотел бы, чтобы мы ходили в спортивный клуб вместе.
3. Мама надеялась, что я стану доктором.
4. Ты бы хотел, чтобы мы навестили тебя?
IV. Use to where necessary to complete the sentences.
1. How can you make a child ……. learn to be polite?
2. In the dark the boy felt his father …… take him by the hand.
3. I wasn’t allowed …… go for a work.
4. She doesn’t want me …… lose my time.
5. Have you ever seen fish …… jump?
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|