Множественное число существительных
foot (нога, ступня) - feet,
tooth (зуб) - teeth,
man (мужчина, человек) - men,
woman (женщина) - women,
mouse (мышь) - mice,
goose (гусь) - geese,
louse (вошь) - lice,
child (ребенок) - children,
ox (бык, вол) - oxen.
sheep – sheep -овца
deer – deer -олень
Sara is feeding … (goose) in the garden.
… (fish) live in water.
The … (thief) broke the windows in the bank.
I have 60 … (sheep) in my flock.
You should clean your … (tooth) after meals.
My … (child) hate cabbage soup.
My favourite fairy-tale is about … (elf).
My … (foot) always hurt after jogging in the park.
9. Those … (person) are waiting for the manager.
10. Where are the … (knife)?
11. Our … (sportsman) are the best!
12. How many … (woman) work in your office?
13. It’s autumn, the … (leaf) are falling down.
14. Let’s cut this orange into … (half).
15. We could hear … (deer) wandering in the forest.
16. There are … (mouse) in the kitchen.
17. Alice and I are wearing similar … (dress) today.
18. I need … (strawberry) for the cake.
Cтепени сравнения прилагательных
I Раскройте скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму прилагательного.
The rivers in America are much (big) than those in England.
The island of Great Britain is (small) than Greenland.
What is the name of the (high) mountain in Asia?
The English Channel is (wide) than the Straits of Gibraltar.
Russia is a very (large) country.
Which is (large): the United States or Canada?
What is the name of the (big) port in the USA?
Moscow is the (large) city in Russia.
The London underground is the (old) in the world.
There is a (great) number of cars and buses in the streets of Moscow than in any other city of Russia.
St Petersburg is one of the (beautiful) cities in the world.
Fill in the suitable pronouns.
Jack is hungry. Bring ________ a sandwich.
Ann is ill. Take _______ these flowers.
Fred and Jane are in the country. Write ________ a letter.
I am thirsty. Bring _________ a bottle of Coca-Cola.
Jimmy is in class. Give __________this book.
The children are hungry. Bring ________ these red apples.
Alan is at home. Ask ________ to come to the yard.
We are at table. Give _______ tea and cakes.
Поставьте указательное местоимение this или these. Переведите предложения.
Jack, … is my wife. And … are my children.
How much are … roses?
I don’t like … magazine.
Sam, take … suitcases into the car.
… test is very difficult.
Is … spoon yours? And are … plates yours too?
Поставьте указательное местоимение that или those. Переведите предложения.
Do you know … singer?
How much are … teapots?
Is … your sister over there?
Look at … wonderful birds!
Are … shoes yours?
Do you see … strange house?
I was born on …… (13.05.1976). (Я родился ……) – I was born on the thirteenth of May, nineteen seventy-six.
My son was born on …… (02.12.2000).
Our dog was born on …… (21.08.2008).
My granddad was born on …… (23.06.1900).
My granny was born on …… (18.02.1910).
Выберите подходящий предлог и переведите предложения.
The clock hangs on the wall, … the table. (above/under/on)
He has played Hamlet … the stage many times. (on/in/next to)
The bank is … the post-office and the beauty salon. (behind/at/between)
The ball has rolled … the bed. (on/under/above)
Bob and Jane were sitting in the café … each other. (between/behind/in front of)
The gym is … my college. (next to/on/between)
The monument is … the right. (in/at/on)
The office address is … the top of the page. (in/at/above)
He spends all his life … work. (in/at/on)
The kettle is boiling … the kitchen. (in/at/on)
Complete the questions. Add in, on or at.
Do you sometimes watch TV ____ the mornings?
Are you usually at home ____ 7 o'clock ____ the evenings?
Do you sometimes work ___night?
What do you usually do ____ weekends?
Do you usually go shopping ____ Saturdays?
Do you go skiing ____ the winter?
Do you have a holiday ____ December?
Is there a holiday in your country ____ 6 , January?
Do we use these time expressions with in, on or at?
1.___ ten o'clock, ___ 2.15
___ Monday, ___ Tuesday
___Monday morning, ___Tuesday afternoon
___the weekend, ___ weekends
___ Christmas, ___ Easter
___ January, ___ February
___ 1st May, ___ 7th June
___ 1930, ___ 1992, ___ 2001
___ the summer, ___ the winter
Упражнения на времена (Present, Past, Future simple. Present continuous)
1.I (to go) to bed at ten o'clock every day.
2. I (to go) to bed at ten o'clock yesterday.
3. I (to go) to bed at ten o'clock tomorrow.
4. I (not to go) to the cinema every day.
5. I (not to go) to the cinema yesterday.
6. I (not to go) to the cinema tomorrow.
7. You (to watch) TV every day?
8. You (to watch) TV yesterday?
9. You (to watch) TV tomorrow?
10. When you (to leave) home for school every day?
11.The boys (to run) about in the garden.
1 2. I (to do) my homework.
1 3. John and his friends (to go) to the library.
14. Ann (to sit) at her desk. She (to study) geography.
15. A young man (to stand) at the window. He (to smoke) a cigarette.
16. The old man (to walk) about the room.
17. The dog (to lie) on the floor.
1 8. You (to have) a break?
19. What language you (to study)?
20. Who (to lie) on the sofa?
21. What they (to talk) about?
22. It still (to rain).