The plan of the lesson
Date: form 6
Theme: Education system in Kazakhstan
Activate the uses of new vocabulary in a speech to practice speaking, reading, writing. Teach students to interact with each other, to respect the opinions of others.
Type: assimilation of new knowledge
Methods: group works
The procedure of the lesson
Warm up. Phonetic drill
Complete the crossword
1. It is a part of solar system goes around the Sun.
2. It is a large sandy piece of land where there is little rain and less plant life than elsewhere.
3. It is the 1-st word in official name of Great Britain.
4. Something that is usually done by people in a particular society.
5. It is the official song of a nation.
6. When we use this word we want to say that we do something in the way it was done for a long time in the past.
7. It is a piece of land surrounded by water.
8. It is the most important resource in the world.
9. It is a part of the world.
4. New theme
citizen [sitizn] – гражданин
right [rait] - право
attend [әtend] - посещать
comprise [kәmpraiz] – включать, заключать в себе
intermediate [intә:mi:djәt]- средний
senior [si:njә]- старший
grade [greid] -класс
vocational [voukeiʃәnl] - училище
lyceum [laisiәm] - лицей
10. higher education [haiә]- высшее образование
Work on the text
Education in Kazakhstan.
Every citizen of our country has the right to education. Secondary education is compulsory in Kazakhstan. Before going to school, children attend kindergarten until they are 5 or 6. Children start school at the age of 7 and finish at 18. The first stage of education is primary school – from 1 to 4 grades. The secondary education comprises 11 years of study. Secondary education includes intermediate school for grades 5 to 9 and senior school for grades 10 to 11. At school pupils study Literature, Biology, a foreign language, Kazakh language and others. Examinations are taken at the end of the 9-th and 11-th forms. Some children may leave school after the 9-th form and continue their education at vocational schools or colleges. Secondary education in our country is free. Among secondary schools there are gymnasiums, colleges and lyceums most of them are private. After finishing school, students can get higher education in institutes, universities and academies.
5.Check student understanding
1 task. Match the sentences
At school pupils study
comprises 11 years of study.
Every citizen of our country
continue their education at vocational schools or colleges.
Some children may leave school after the 9-th form
Secondary education in our country
Literature, Biology, a foreign language, Kazakh language and others.
The secondary education
students can get higher education in institutes, universities and academies.
After finishing school,
from 1 to 4 grades.
Among secondary schools there are
has the right to education.
The first stage of education is primary school
colleges and lyceums most of them are private.
2 task: make timetable our lessons
What have you learnt today?
What interesting things do you know?
What difficult for you?
- learn the new words
- Retell the text
- The lesson is over! Good bye!