Годовая контрольная работа по английскому языку для 7 «А» класса .
2015-2016 учебный год
Task I. Grammar. Open the brackets and put the verb into the correct tense (5 points)
1. He (to run) now. He (to run) for ten minutes without any rest. 2. What they (to do) now? — They (to work) in the reading-room. They (to work) there for already three hours. 3. Where he (to be) now? — He (to be) in the garden. He (to play) volley-ball with his friends. They (to play) since breakfast time. 4. I (to live) in St. Petersburg. I (to live) in St. Petersburg since 1990.
5. What you (to do)? — I (to read). I (to read) for already two hours. I already (to read) sixty pages.
Read the text and answer the questions . (9 points)
The big clock on the tower of the Palace of Westminster in London is often called Big Ben. But Big Ben is really the bell of the clock. It is the biggest clock bell in Britain. It weighs 13.5 tons.
The clock tower is 318 feet high. You have to go up 374 steps to reach the top. So the clock looks small from the pavement below the tower.But its face is 23 feet wide. It would only just fit into some classrooms.The minute-hand is 14 feet long. Its weight is equal to that of two bags of coal. The hour-hand is 9 feet long.
The clock bell is called Big Ben after Sir Benjamin Hall. He had the job to see that the bell was put up.Sir Benjamin was a big man. One day he said in Parliament, "Shall we call the bell St. Stephen's?" St. Stephen's is the name of the tower.But someone said for a joke, "Why not call it Big Ben?" Now the bell is known all over the world by that name.
call after- называть в честь
1.Where is the big clock called Big Ben?
2.How many steps do you have to go up to reach the top of the tower?
3.Why is the bell called Big Ben?
Task III. Write the correct word for the definition
1. A very big, round , light object full of hot gas, that carries people through the air.___________
2.Not for everyone to use._________________________
3.A motor vehicle with two weels,that one or two people can ride on.______________________
4.A boat with a sail, often used for sail._____________________________
5.a small amount of food that you eat between meals.__________________________
Task IV. Fill in the table. (7 points)
She buys presents for her Granny
Task I. Open the brackets and put the verb into the correct tense (5 points)
1 You (to play) with a ball for already three hours. Go home and do your homework. 2. Wake up! You (to sleep) for ten hours already. 3. I (to wait) for a letter from my cousin for a month already, but (not yet to receive) it. 4. The weather (to be) fine today. The sun (to shine) ever since we got up. 5. Every day I (to wind) up my watch at 10 o'clock in the evening.
Task II. Read the text and answer the questions . (9 points)
The British Museum
The British Museum has one of the largest libraries in the world. It has a copy of every book that is printed in the English language, so that there are more than six million books there. They receive nearly two thousand books and papers daily.
The British Museum Library has a very big collection of printed books and manuscripts, both old and new. You can see beautifully illustrated old manuscripts which they keep in glass cases.
You can also find there some of the first English books printed by Caxton. Caxton was a printer who lived in the fifteenth century. He made the first printing-press in England.
In the reading-room of the British Museum many famous men have read and studied.
Charles Dickens, a very popular English writer and the author of 'David Copperfield', 'Oliver Twist', 'Dombey and Son' and other books, spent a lot of time in the British Museum Library.
1.How many books are there in the British Museum?
2.What century did Caxton lived?
3.What famous people worked and studied in the reading –room of the British Museum?
Task III. . Write the correct word for the definition
1. This word means tasting very good.__________________________
2. This word mean strong in colour.______________________________
3. This word means empty/with no one there.__________________________
4. This word means known and talked about by many people.________________________
5. It’s a sport in which people jump of a hill and fly in the air.____________________________
Task IV.Fill in the table. She brings some milk for kittens (7 points)Past Simple
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|