Выберите документ из архива для просмотра:
Выбранный для просмотра документ 1.doc
Sheep - sheep Swine - swine Deer - deer
Criterion - criteria Phenomenon - phenomena
Basis - bases Hypothesis - hypotheses
Stimulus — stimuli Formula - formulae Datum-data
Matrix - matrices Compounds
Tooth-brush - tooth-brushes
Spoonful - spoonfiils_ Passer-by - passers-by
Gin-and-tonic - gin-and-tonics
Means Billiards Wales Algiers
The United States
Выбранный для просмотра документ 10.doc
(not to pay) any attention to the TV set. Mr. and Mrs. Wilson
(not to watch) TV either. They (not to like) to watch
Ex.2 Choose the right form
l.Look! The man (tries/is trying)to open the door of your car! 2. The Moon (goes/is going) round the Earth. 3.1 (think/am thinking) he will be back soon. 4. Listen! I hey (speak/ are speaking) good English. 5. She is sorry (she doesn’t speak/ isn’t speaking) French. 6. his parents (come/ are coming) soon. 7. They (go/ are going) to the theatre this evening. 8. The film ( begins/ is beginning) at 3.30. 9. We (have/ are having) a party next Saturday. Would you like to come? 10. Ann, is it true, that you (get/ are getting ) married next week? 11. The next train (leaves/ is leaving) at 7 p.m. 12. I (leave/ am leaving) to London tonight.
Ex.3 Correct these sentences
e.g. The Sun goes round the Earth. — That’s not true! The Sun doesn’t go round the Earth, but the Earth goes round the Sun.
1. The Sun rises in the west. 2. Mice catch cats. 3. Carpenters make things from metal. 4. The River Amazon flows into the Pacific Ocean. 5. A football team consists of ten players. 6. Water freezes at 0° Fahrenheit.7. A full day includes twenty hor"s. 8. A Solar system consists of 13 planets. 9. A dog has 5 legs.
Ex. 4 Put the verb in the correct form
1. Water (to boil) at 100 °C. 2. Greg (not to go) to the
cinema very often. 3. How many languages you (to speak)? 4. The
swimming pool (to open) at 9.00 and (to close) at 6.30
every day. 5. What time the banks (to close) in Britain? 6. I have a car,
but I (to use) it very seldom. 7. How many cigarettes you
(to smoke) every day? 8. If you need money, why you
(not to get) a job. 9. I (to play) chess, but I (:\ot
to play) very good. 10.
1. Please, don’t make much noise! I (to study). 2. How many
languages Tom (to speak)? 3. This machine (not to
work). It hasn’t worked for years. 4. I (not to belong) to a political
Выбранный для просмотра документ 11.doc
party. 5. Hurry! The bus (to come)! I (not to
want) to miss it. 6 eThe River Nile (to flow) into the Mediterranean.
7. The river (to flow) fast today, much faster, than usual. 8. It ever
(to snow) in India? 9. We usually (to grow) vegetables in our
garden, but this year we (not to grow) any. 10. You can borrow my
umbrella, I (not to need) it at the moment. 11. I usually (to
enjoy) parties, but I (not to like) this one very much. 12. George
says he is 80, but I (not to believe) him. 13. She (to stay)
with her sister at the moment until she finds somewhere to live.
Ex. 5. Put the verb in the correct form. Pay attention to non-progressive verbs.
1. Right now Yokp (to read) a newspaper article, but she (not
to understand) it. Some of the words (to be) too difficult for her. 2. Right
now I (to look) at the board, but I (to see) nothing
there. 3. I (to need) to call my parents and tell them about my new
apartment. They can’t call me, because they (not to know) my
telephone number. 4. This tea is good. I (to like) it. I (to prefer)
tea to coffee. 5. Sam is at the library. He (to sit) at the table. He
(to write) a composition. He (to use) a dictionary. The
dictionary (not to belong) to him. It (to belong) to his
roommate. Sam _# (to look up) the words in the dictionary , because he
(to want) to be sure, that he (not to misspell) any words. 6.
Right now I (to think) about sea-gulls and waves. I (to
think), that sea-gulls are beautiful birds. 7. Who (to knock) at the
door? 8.1t (to rain), take your umbrella! 9. Don’t bother me! I
(to work) now. 10. What you (to think of) at the
moment? 11. Keep quiet. We (to listen) to the music. 12. We
(to drink) coffee every morning. 13. I (not to
remember) his name exactly. 14. I (to hope) that you
_(Ц know) where he (to live). 14. Hello! What you
(to do) here? 15. How long it (to take) you to get to the
Выбранный для просмотра документ 12.doc
The Present Perfect Tense Ex.l Give interrogative and negative forms of these sentences
1. He has already been here. 2.1 have just spoken to him. 3. We’ve never done it before. 4. I have been to Krakow. 5. He has seen a new film. 6. She has finished her work. 7.1 have talked to him. 8. Tanya has thought of it. 9. I’ve met him before. 10.
They’ve learnt a new rule. 11. Father has finished his tea.
Ex.2 Ask questions to the italicized words
1. They’ve never been to any foreign country (2). 2. We’ve already seen this new film (2). 3. His friend has translated two English books into Russian (3). 4. They’ve never lived there (2). 5. They’ve sent us several telegrams lately (3). 6. Greg has already closed the door (3). 7. My friend has just seen his brother (2). Ex.3 Put the words in brackets into their proper places
1. Have you read this book (yet)? 2. I have begun this work (just). 3. They have left the city (already). 4. We have been to your place (never). 5. I haven’t seen him (yet), but I have leamt about him (already). 6. He isn’t here. He has gone out Gust). 7. We have finished cleaning the flat (just). 8. I have discussed the matter with the manager (already). 9. Who has seen a dinosaur (ever)? 10. My brother has been abroad (never). Have you tasted a tangerine (ever)?
Ex. 4. Complete the sentences with since or for
1. I’ve had this job a month. 2. He’s known her April. 3.
She’s been ill years. 4. I haven’t seen him ages. 5. I’ve lived
here 2004. 6. He’s been away long time. 7. I haven’t slept
two nights. 8. Tom has entertained Sarah two weeks. 9. She has
read this book three days. 10. Dan hasn’t seen his father
January. 11. I haven’t watered the flowers Monday. 12. Maria has written
her composition two hours.
Write sentences about these situations with since or for
e.g. Mary knows Tom. They met last month. - Mary has known Tom for a month.
Jessie loves music. She started learning it in April. — Jessie has loved music since April.
Выбранный для просмотра документ 13.doc
1. Kate prefers meat to cheese. She started liking it 5 years ago. 2. Andy lives in Dublin. He moved there last year. 3. Helen likes classical music. She started listening to it 2 years ago. 4. Robby has a Ford. He bought it 2 years ago. 5. Sammy hates winter. It started in 2001. 6. This house belongs to Martha. She bought it last year. 7. I own a big villa. I bought it in 2006. 8.1 am in London now. I arrived here in 2007.
D. Complete the sentences in your own words
Ex. 5 Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Perfect Tense
1. Where you (be)? - I (be) to the dentist. 2. I (not finish) my letter yet. 3. The phone (stop) ringing. 4. I just (wash) the floor. 5. The cat (steal) the fish. 6. You (have) enough to eat? Charles (pass) his exam? 7. How many bottles the milkman (leave)? 8.1 (live) here for ten years.
1. Would you like some tea? I just (make) some. 2. Mary (water) the flowers? 3. You (not make) a mistake? 4. You ever (leave) the restaurant without paying the bill? 5.1 (ask) him to hSve dinner with me 3 times. 6.1 (buy) a new caipet. Come and look at it! 7. He (have) plenty of time? 8. I often (see) him but I never (speak) to him., 9. We just (hear) the most extraordinary news.
Aren’t you hungry?
Is it true that Phil has been arrested? Janet seems very cheerful She is very dirty
Why are my books all over the floor? Why is your hair wet?
You all look very miserable
Helen has been looking at them I have been gardening all afternoon I’ve been swimming
I’ve been talking to Henry and he just goes on and on - No, I’ve been eating all day long She has been cleaning the cellar
Выбранный для просмотра документ 14.doc
You look tired
She’s been skiing with Roger for the last
You’re very late
Your hair is all white
Yes, he’s been stealing things from shops
| || |
Yes, I’ve been painting the ceiling
| || |
Yes, we’ve been telling each other our
| || |
Ex.2 Complete the sentences with the verbs from the box. Use the present Perfect Continuous:
cry, study, learn, live, discuss, help, play(2), rain, teach, wait (2), walk, work(2) e.g. It has been raining all day long.
1. I English since I was six. 2. She tennis
professionally for ten years. 3. We not in this house for very
long. 4. That man up and down for ages. 5.1 very hard this
week. 6. She non-stop since she got this letter. 7. He that
music for hours. I wish he’d stop. 8. you long, sir? 9. My
brother Maths for several years. 10. They this problem
since five o’clock. 11. He in the lab since morning. 12. Mr. Hopkins
French for 15 years. 13. I him with his work for 2 weeks
Ex. 3 Use the Present Perfect or the Present Perfect Continuous instead of the infinitives in brackets
1.1 __ (to try) all the afternoon to get a minute alone with you. 2. I
don’t think that you (to have) much to eat all day. 3. You
(to wait) long? - Yes, I _(to stay) here for more than half an
hour. 4. You ( to see) Beatrice lately? 5. No one ever
(to have) a better son than our Herbert. 6. I’m afraid, I
(to promise) to wait for Mr. and Mrs. Wallace. 7. I (to
try) to get a good job for many months now. 8. You haven’t a nerve in you. You never £_(to have). 9. I (to think) about nothing else since
Выбранный для просмотра документ 15.doc
our last meeting. 10. He (to amuse) himself all his life. 11. I
(to look) forward to it all the week. 12. What you (to do)
The Past Simple Tense Ex.l Put these sentences into interrogative and negative forms
1. He opened the windows before classes. 2. Ann translated a lot of letters last week. 3. I finished work at 5 p.m. the day before yesterday. 4. He lived in Kyiv 3 years ago. 5. They returned home in the evening. 6. I went to work by bus yesterday. 7. Two years ago they lived in the country. 8. He caught a big fish just now. 9. When he came, she told him everything. 10. She spoke English to me.
Ex. 2 Use the Past Simple and complete the sentences by adverbs of time e.g. I go to school every day (last year). — I went to school every day last year.
1. My working day lasts ten hours (two weeks ago). 2. Do you often get letters from your friends? (once a month). 3. We discuss a lot of questions (at the last meeting). 4. The bell rings in the morning (last September). 5. He plays chess very well (in his childhood). 6. Torfi speaks very loud (last time).
Ex 3. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense form
1. Who usually (to do)his homework in this room? This student
(to do). 2. Who (to do) his homework now? - I
(not to know). 3. I (to live) near the office last year. I
always (to go) there on foot. 4. What language you (to
lcam) 5 years ago? - I (to learn) Spanish. 5. What language he
(to learn) now? - He (to learn) German. 6. Our class usually
(to last) two hours. 7.1 (to discuss) this problem with
my friends last night. 8. I (not to work) in this office 3 years ago. 9.
You (to work) there now? 10. How long you (to stay) in
Kyiv last year? - I (to stay) there a month. How long you
(to be going) to stay there this year? - I (to be going) to stay there
a month, too.
Ex.4 Make up questions to the words in bold type
Выбранный для просмотра документ 16.doc
1. They worked at a large factory then (3). 2. You lived in that house ten years ago (3). 3. Ann plays volley-ball very well (2). 4. My friend wrote an interesting article last month (3). 5. My friend wrote to me very often last year (3). 6. Тле students usually go home after classes (3).
Ex. 5 Complete the following sentences, using the Past Simple Tense
e.g. Now he lives in Moscow, but a few years ago he lived in Kyiv.
1. Now he studies English, but at school . 2. Now he often sleeps in the
daytime, but he never before. 3. Now she knows something about the
life of those people, but before she came to live here, she nothing
about them. 4. Now I play tennis well, but when I was 18, . 5. He leaves
home at 8 a.m. , but when he lived in the country, he . 6. He doesn’t
smoke now, but a few months ago . 7. She seldom writes to me now,
but there was time, when she .
Ex. 6 Practice forms of the irregular verbs in the Past Simple
How many meals did you eat yesterday? How did Natalie come to the college? How much did you pay for this book? What did you get for your birthday? How long did your group mates sit in the classroom yesterday? How did you feel last week? What did you drink after lunch yesterday? What time did you get up this morning? How many mistakes did Tom make in his dictation? How many English words did she know? When did you meet your boy-(girl) friend?
Where did he buy this book? What time did you meet him last night? Did she choose coffee or tea? Did he speak quickly or slowly? Did you sleep well or badly? How long did you lie in the bed this morning? What did she wear last night? How much money did she win? Did he hold the pen in his right hand or in his left hand? Where did you lose your ring?
What did you dream about last night? How many times did you forgive him? Did he fly to Rome or to New York? Who did you beat at tennis last week? How much this book cost? Did he cut the paper with scissors or a knife? When did the teacher let you go home? What time did you set the alarm-clock at?
Выбранный для просмотра документ 17.doc
1. I (haven’t seen/ didn’t see) much of Ally lately. 2. “Who is she?” — “ I (have never seen/never saw) her before.” 3. [ (have done/ did) a lot of stupid things in my life. 4. She (has left/ left) school last year. 5. When (have you got/ did you get) married? 6. I’m sorry, I (haven’t fnished/ didn’t finish) yet. 7. I (have ofVm wondered/ often wondered) what he does for living. 8. He (has caught/ caught) the bus at 8 this morning. 9.1 (have read/read) a lot of her books when I was a schoolboy. 10. (Have you seen/ did you see) any good film recently? 11. Boris Akunin (has written/wrote) many gripping detective stories. 12. Natalie just (has finished/finished) the essay.
A parachutist has just Lucy has had My poor old father has Polly and Simon have Some people have bought Somebody has just crashed The firm has
a baby girl
gone into hospital again into our garden gate just got married landed on the roof lost £30 million this year the house next door
Ex. 3 Choose the right tenses
1. He (to serve) in the WW II. - When that war _Jto
begin)? - It (to begin) in 1939 and (to last) for 6
years. 2. Who you (to vote) for at the last election? - I
(to vote) for Mr. N. - He (not to be elected),
(be) he? - No , he (to lose) his deposit . 3. You
(to like) your last job? - I (to like ) it at first, but then I
(to quarrel) with my employer and he (to dismiss) me.
— How long you (to be) there? - I (to be) there for two weeks.
Выбранный для просмотра документ 18.doc
4. You (to hear) his speech on the radio last night? - Yes, I r -
What you (to think) of it? 5. You ever (to try) to give
up smoking? - Yes, I (to try) last year, but then I (to find)
that I was getting fat so I (to start) again. 6. You (to see)
today’s paper? - No , anything interesting (to happen)? - Yes, two
murders (to escape) from the prison. 7. Mary (to feed) the
cat? - Yes , she (to feed) him before lunch. - What she (to
give) him? - She (to giveO him some fish. 8. Where you (to
be)? - I (to be) out in a yacht. - You (to enjoy) it? - Yes,
very much. We (to take) part in a race. - You (to win)? - l';o,
we (to come) last. 9. Hannibal (to bring) elephants across the
Alps. - Why he (to do) that? - He (to want) to use them in
a battle. 10. How long you (to be) out of work? — I’m not out of work
now. I just (to start) a new job. - How you (to find) the
job? — I (to answer) an advertisement in the paper. 11. I
(to cut) my hand rather badly. Have you a bandage? — I’ll get you
one. How it (to happen)? - I was chopping some wood and the axe
(to slip). 12. How long you (to have) that scar? - I
(to get) it a car accident a year ago. 13. You (to meet) my
brother at the lecture yesterday? - Yes , I . We (to have) coffee
Ex. 4 Help to reconstruct the letter Dear Eileen,
Hope things are OK with you. The doctor (to come) yesterday. He (not to like) my cough. I (to lie) in bed looking at the ceiling since Tuesday and can tell you, I’m fed up with it. I never (to be) ill like this before - don’t know what’s happening to me. And the weather is terrible. It (to rain) all day long, and I can’t even have a cup
of tea to cheer myself up, because the milkman (not to come) this morning. Don’t know why - I’m sure I (to pay) his bill. Alice (to get) married last week, so now all Mary’s kids (to leave) home. She won’t know what to do with herself.
Выбранный для просмотра документ 19.doc
have) a bad time with her husband. 10. I could see a car in the street, it
(to move) very fast. 11. While Harry (to read) the book,
his mother (to mend) his trousers.
В. 1. Diana (to play) Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata last night. 2.
Clive and his friends (to walk) through the forest yesterday. 3. Bob
play) on the sand while the fishermen _(to mend) the net. 8. They
(to talk) about their neighbours the whole afternoon. 9. World War II
(to begin) in 1939. 10. When I (to arrive) the Smiths
(to have) dinner. 11. As we (to cross) Waterloo Bridge,
the policeman (to stop) us. 12. While Thomas and Dorothy
(to watch) TV a thief (to enter) the house and
(to take) away all the silver.
Выбранный для просмотра документ 2.doc
Dog - dogs
Zoo - zoos *
Escimo - escimos
Sky - skies N.B ! day - days
Elf - elves Knife - knives Leaf - leaves
Bath - baths
Man - men Woman - women
Self- selves Life - lives Loaf- loaves Wolf- wolves Thief - thieves Half - halves
Tooth - teeth Foot - feet Goose - geese Ox - oxen Child - children
bee - bees
box - boxes
photo - photos studio - studios
Wife - wives
Mouse - mice Louse - lice
Выбранный для просмотра документ 3.doc
Pajamas (p^amas) Scissors
The Middle Ages Peopl
Ways To Show Partition
f bread (a loaf ~) chalk (a stick chocolate (a bar paper (a sheet
land (a strip advice (a word information, news (an item furniture (an article ~)
Выбранный для просмотра документ 4.doc
is + V ing
II. Чи e д1яч he, she, it?
| || |
III. Чи e д1яч he, she, it?
так Hi IS /
“+” He worksjn a bank.
I study Economics.
Чи e д1яч I?
“ - “ My friend does not (doesn’t) study
We do not (don’t) work in a bank.
“?” Does he work X in a bank?
“+” / am preparing a business report.
Do you study Economics?
She is buying shares.
“ — “ We are not preparing a business
1. звичайна, регулярно
He is not selling goods.
“?” Are you preparing a business
usually every day
Is she buying shares?
often twice a week
1. що вщбуваеться в даний
2. загальновщомий факт
now at the moment або в конкретно указаний час:
Water freezes at 0’ С
at 11 a.m. from 2 till 4 о ’clock from morning till night
3. дш в майбутньому, що
вщбудеться зпдно розкладу,
2. щя, що знаходиться у
постшному розвитку, змшюеться:
Presidents of two countries meet next
all day long ( w/o)
The economic situation is getting
The train leaves in ten minutes.
worse in this country.
3. д1я в майбутньому, якщо точно вказаний час:
At four p.m. we are meeting our business partners.
Выбранный для просмотра документ 5.doc
-действие, кот. завершилось; его результат важен, актуален для говорящего
My sister has poor health. She has gone to the countryside. -действие, кот. началось в прошлом и продолжается в данный момент:
We have travelled for 2 months.
My mom has lived in Moscow since 2005.
-период, когда свершилось действие, еще не окончен:
I have seen Mary off to the station today.
NB! just today
this week (month, year)
for 3 years( months, weeks)
Выбранный для просмотра документ 6.doc
e.g. Brush - he (she) brushes
buy, complete, cry, defend, catch, do, eat, enjoy, fly, go, live, make, miss, play, teach, wash, want, watch:
1. The bell rings at 8.30. 2. They live in the country. 3. We know his address. 4. The Earth moves round the Sun. 5. It often rains here in summer. 6. He plays the piano all the time. 7. The flowers look fresh. 8. John and his wife have tea at 5 p.m. 9. My old Granny hears badjv. 10. You make mistakes all the time. 11. His sisters always give me books to read.
e.g. I like coffee, but ( my brother, tea) - I like coffee, but my brother likes tea.
1. I walk slowly, but ( his sister, quickly). 2. I eat three times a day, but ( our friend, four). 3.1 listen to the classical music, but (Jeff, rock). 4. We go to bed at 10 o’clock, but (Kate, midnight). 5. I live in Kharkiv, but (he, Donetsk). 6. I teach English, but (Irina Ivanovna, French). 7. They catch an early train, but (their mother, late). 8. I wash my hands before the lunch, but (Greg, in the morning). 9. I pass the shop on my way home, but ( £ara, on her way to work). 10. I use my car on Sundays, but (my husband, every day).
l.We read good books (2). 2. The walls in this room are yellow (2). 3. My son reads these books every day (2). 4. We write a lot of sentences on the blackboard (2). 5. My sister lives not far from the theatre (2).
F. Give short answers to the questions
e.g. Does your uncle like classical music? - Yes, he does. Do you walk to the University? - No, * don’t
1. Do you drink tomato juice? 2. Does your neighbour come home every day? 3. Do you often watch video? 4. Do you travel by train every day? 5. Do you cycle to the
Выбранный для просмотра документ 7.doc
shop? 6. Does Nick spend his holidays abroad? 7. Does your brother eat a lot? 8. Do you sleep well? 9. Do you have classes on Saturday? 10. Does your Granny like horror films?
G. Put the verb into a necessary form
1. He usually (to walk) home after work. 2. At 11 a.m. many people
(to have) a break for a cup of tea. 3. Where (to work) your
mother? 4. She (not to work) hard at her German. 5. You often
(to speak) English in class? 6. Who (to answer) your
question? 7. Buses (to run) here every ten minutes. 8. Your sister
sometimes (to help) my brother with his English. 9. I often
(not to get) telegrams from my friends. 10. They often (to
receive) information from us. 11. Who ever (to discuss) problems in
the hall? 12. How well you (to know) French? 13. The students
(not to revise) the rules in class. 14. My mother (not to eat)
after six. 15. He (to translate) letters for his boss. 16. Ronny
(to leave) the house in the morning. 17. Frank (not to
play) tennis well. 18. My Dad (not to smoke). 19. She
(to know) nothing about my life. 20. My sister seldom (to write) to me.
The Present Continuous Tense Ex. 1 A. Write the present participle of these verbs Brush - brushing
Buy, complete, cry, compare, deny, destroy, eat, enjoy, fix, live, get , make, miss, smoke, wash, expect, want, prefer, watch, play, see.
B. Put these sentences into interrogative and negative forms 1. She is looking at the new picture. 2. They are working at the problem at present. 3. He is working in the garden now. 4. I am doing my homework at the moment. 5.Sarah is reading a letter. 6. The train is coming to the station. 7. The boy is crossing the road in the wrong place. 8. My holidays are coming to the end. 9. The babies are playing with the toys. 10. We are writing business letters. 11. The cat is lying in the sun. 12. Mom is making coffee in the kitchen. 13. She is smiling at me.
14. Gene is playing tennis in the garden. 15. It is getting dark.
Выбранный для просмотра документ 8.doc
Ask questions to the italicized words
1. They are discussing a serious question now (3). 2. We are writing a difficult dictation at the moment (3). 3. The delegation is arriving in Tokyo at five today (3). 4. They are listening to their professor in the next room (3). 5. Dan and his brother are coming to our party today (3). 6. I am going to send a letter to the office tomorrow (3). 7. My friend is talking to his neighbour (2). 8. His son is going to read the book tomorrow evening (4). 9.1 am going to speak to my friend tonight (3).
Give a short real answer according to the model
e.g. Who is knocking at the door? -1 am. Who is singing in the room? - The famous Domingo is.
1. Who is sitting next to you? 2. Who is standing behind the window? 3. Who is staying in your flat now? 4. Who is answering these questions? 5. Who is teaching you right now? 6. Who is whispering to each other in this room? 7. What is hanging down from the ceiling?
Give short answers to the questions
Is Pushkin singing a song? - No, he isn’t. Is Linda writing a letter?- Yes, she is.
1. Are Nick and Jeff watching TV? 2. Is a student answering a question? 3. Is your father traveling? 4. Are camels walking near you? 5. Is the sun shining? 6. Are dogs barking in the street? 7. Is your mother cooking now? 8. Are you receiving guests right now? 9. Are your parents working now? 10. Are you painting a picture now? Ex.2 Answer the following questions
e.g. What are you doing now? (to watch the birds) - I am watching the birds.
1. What is your brother doing? (to have supper) 2. What are you doing now? (to ask questions). 3. What is your uncle doing? (to read detective stories). 4. Where is Paul working at present? (to work on the roof) 5. What dress is Mary wearing today? (jeans). 6. What J-s Fanny learning at present? (to learn Economy). 7. Where is Granny now? (to sit on the porch). 8. Where are you walking now? (to walk in the park). 9. Why is Ann reading the dictionary? (to look up some word). 10. Why is the boy carrying the ladder? (to pick apples).
Ex. 3 Put the verb into a necessary form
Выбранный для просмотра документ 9.doc
1. I can see an airplane in the sky, it (to fly) at 3000 feet. 2. The
baby (to cry), because he is hungry. 3. Helen (not to
work) now, she (to watch TV). 4. My mother (to
wash) Henry’shocks at the moment, while he (to read) the book.
5. you cannot speak to Bessie now, as she (to have ) a bath. 6. The
wind (to blow) very hard this night. 7. Who (to go ) to see
Greg off? 8. Hilda (to cook) dinner in the kitchen at the moment? 9.
I (to run) very fast, as a big dog (to follow) me. 10. At the
moment the dockers (to strike) at Trafalgar Square. 11. I must go,
she (to wait ) for me. 12. George (to sit ) on the
floor and (to eat) a hot dog. 13. What he (to do) right
now? - He (to finish) his report. 14. For the time being Tom and Mark
(Ip camp) in the Welsh Mountains. 15. I (to look) for a
pen, will you help me?
Present Simple and Present Continuous Combined Ex.l Choose the right tense
1. Shh! The baby (to sleep). The baby (to sleep) for ten hours
every night. 2. Right now I am in class. I (to sit) at my desk. I usually
(to sit) at the same desk in class every day. 3. Ali (to speak)
Arabic. It is his native language, but right now he (to speak) English.
4. It is 6 p.m. Mary is at home. She (to have) dinner. She always
(to have^ dinner with her family at around 6 o’clock. 5. Alice (not
to take) the bus to school every day. She usually (to walk) instead. 6. It
(not to rain) right now. The sun (to shine). 6. It is 7.30
a.m. and the Wilsons are in their kitchen. Mrs. Wilson (to sit) at the
breakfast table. She (to read) the morning paper. She (to
read) the newspaper every morning. Mr. Wilson (to pour ) a cup of
coffee. He (to drink) two cups of coffee every morning before ho
(to go) to work. There is a cartoon on TV, but the children
(not to watch) it. They (to play) with their toys instead.
They usually '* (to watch) cartoons in the morning, but this morning they