Choose the correct word or phrase in each sentence.
0 Whether this new pay deal will satisfy the unions to be seen.
1 By the end of this month, I’ll in my job for twenty years.
2 I have thought the best thing to do is just ring them and explain the problem.
3 Sorry, I’m not really sure what you’re getting .
4 My friend held the spider, but I bring myself to do it.
5 I’ve been getting terrible headaches__________
for a while now
up to now
all the day
6 We are __________ no obligation to give you a refund.
7 Holly was about to accept the stranger’s offer when she ______________ her mother’s advice.
8 This ______________ be north, because the sun’s in the wrong place.
9 If you _________ ____ across any good stamps, please keep them for my collection.
10 I’m sorry, but these regulations have to be _________________ with.
11 Fifty-seven? No, that __________ be the right answer!
12 __________ happens, I’ll always be there for you!
13 By early evening most people had ______________ their vote.
14 A __________ debate ensued, with neither side prepared to give way to the other.
15 I’ve drunk milk every __________ day of my life, and it’s never done me any harm!
16 The version of the film I saw had been __________ censored.
17 He promised to phone me at nine o’clock exactly, and he was as __________ as his word.
18 There has been so much media __________ of the wedding that I’m completely fed up with it.
19 If I were you I would __________ clear of the area around the station late at night.
20 Turning back now is out of the __________ .
21 Joe’s fear of enclosed spaces __________ from a bad experience he had when he was a child.
22 At the moment _______________ to play the guitar.
23 My course finishes_____________.
on next week
at next week
to next week
24 The train ________________ at 9.30.
25 Where ________________ those shoes?
did you buy
does you buy
do you buy
26 I’ve worked at this company ____________ two years.
27 Can you tell me what time _________________?
does the train leave?
the train leaves?
the train will leave?
the train will be leave?
28 England is not __________ big as Germany.
as so as
29 There was a terrible plane crash – it ________________ an hour ago.
has been happened
30. Adrian is a very good friend of ____________.
31. Helena’s not really a party animal, so I doubt whether she__________ .
will have come
32. I was wondering if you _________________ to go running with me.
33. I didn’t realise until the meeting ______.
34. The noise stopped as soon as the Head Teacher ________ into the room.
35. How long ____________________ these pills?
did you take
are you taking
have you been taking
do you take
36. No, I ____________________ possibly do that to a friend.
37. Well I’m surprised it was John. I _____________ have expected better of him.
38. Don’t worry about my big brother; he ____________ be very childish at times.
39. I really ______________ eat another thing, thank you.
40. You ______________be serious! It’s far too dangerous!
d) may not
41. This little device ________________ be the answer to all your technical problems.
42. What you’re saying ___________ well be true.
43. Just in case you ____________ _____ it, I’ll give you my business card so you can contact me.
44. Climbing in the Himalayas was a far ___________ from hill walking at home in Ireland.
45. My bike isn’t what you would call fast or sporty, but it serves its ________.
46. Rest assured that we have taken every possible safety ________________.
47. They sell all sorts of household ______________: washing machines, dishwashers and so on.
48. After just ten minutes in the rain, I was______________ to the skin.
49. ‘Sorry Mrs. Atkins. I wasn’t _____________ attention,’ said Billy.
50. Every morning I see kids from the local school____________ football down by the river.
51. John and Mary, come over here. Have you two met___________ before?
b) each other
52. It’s quite expensive, but__________ the other hand it’s very good quality.
53. ____________ he is, he shouldn’t behave like that.
a) No matter
c) At once
54. You won’t tell anyone my secret,__________________
a) do you?
b) does you?
c) will you?
d) will be you?
55. It was a great holiday. We really enjoyed___________________
56. My car is easy to park. ___________ this, it doesn’t use much petrol.
a) As well
b) As well as
c) As soon as
d) At once
57. When I want to___________ I have a long, hot bath.
b) relax me
c) relax her
d) relax him
58.______________ it’s getting late, let’s stop work now and come back tomorrow.
59. ___________, I’d like to thank you all for coming.
a) In conclusion
b) In contrast
c) In the end
d) At last
60. I bought ___________ some flowers.
61. The tree ____________ was about two meters wide because it was so old.
62. Flies were _____________ around the uncovered meat in the kitchen.
63. Mary is always so _____________ – you always see her smiling and happy.
64. I was ______________ when you came to see me in hospital because I was feeling a bit lonely.
65. Chris uses an _______________ shaver when he goes on holiday.
66. Point the ____________ to the place on the screen where you want to type, and then click.
67. The _______________ made a lot of buildings collapse and thousands of people were made homeless.
68. International ______________ is being sent to help the victims survive the winter.
69. I broke my _______________ when I was young – my brother punched it!
70 Anyone who has high stress___________ should read this book.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|