Итоговая контрольная работа за курс 6 класса.
1. Just look at those dark clouds. I’m sure (it’s going to snow/it will snow) .
2. The show (finishes/is finishing) at 3 o’clock. Can we meet at 3.15 near the cinema?
3. If Jane (buys/will buy) a new summer dress, she (wears/will wear) it for the picnic.
4. When (do you go/are you going) to the country — on Saturday or on Sunday?
5. Our train (leaves/is leaving) at 8 p.m. I don’t want to miss it.
6. This work is not difficult, I (finish/will finish) it soon.
7. My friend (is going/will go) abroad. He and his family (are planning/plan) to visit some countries in Europe.
8. If the weather (is/will be) warm, we (are going/will go) on a picnic.
II.Read the text and put its parts (a—d) in the right order.
The Great Fire of London
a) Then the building next to the baker’s2 house started burning and then the next and the next… The fire moved very fast because of the wind. It burnt for four days until Thursday and destroyed many London houses, about 80% of the city.
b) On the second of September 1666 there was a strong wind from the River Thames. It was Saturday night. Londoners were sleeping in their beds. The king’s baker and his wife were also sleeping in their house near London Bridge. Suddenly the baker’s wife woke up in the middle of the night. She understood that their house was on fire.
c) After the Great Fire of London people rebuilt their city. The city became larger. By 1830 there were more than one and a half million people in the capital of Britain.
d) In the 11th century people of London usually built wooden houses and they were often near each other. Sometimes there were fires in the city, but they were usually fairly small. Then came the year 1666, the year of the Great Fire of London.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|