Final test. The 7th form.
1. Complete the sentences with the following words.
successful, solve, burglars, quiet, suddenly, tiring, scared, obey, a hammer and nails, bushes, isolated, extinct, creating, crowded, reserve, convenient
1. I don't mind the peace and __________ of the country, but I can't stand feeling __________ .
2. __________ public transport and __________ streets are very important to me.
3. The __________ are stealing things from people's houses.
4. Edinburg Castle is built on an __________ volcano.
5. The children were scared when they heard the noise coming from the __________ .
6. Penny was and the zoo and __________ she hears people screaming.
7. She can __________ the most mysterious crimes and put criminals behind bars.
8. How was your flight? - It was __________ .
9. I'm __________ of spiders.
10. She's a __________ designer. She succeeds in making her own clothes and jewellers.
11. I'd like to __________ a place at your camp.
12. Swimming in the pool can be great but also very dangerous, so you must __________ the lifeguards.
13. Plushenko E. is the most __________ figure skater in Russia.
14. We are using __________ to build nesting boxes.
2. Choose the correct form.
1. You __________ leave expensive items in your car for all to see.
a. can't b. shouldn't
2. I __________ watch cartoons when I was six.
a. used to b. was used to
3. I __________ drive a car when I was six.
a. wasn't use to b. didn't use to
4. They decided to search for treasures __________ they found a map.
a. until b. as soon as
5. This is the house __________ he was born.
a. which b. where
6. I have __________ seen this film twice. Let's watch something else.
a. never b. already
7. You __________ to send a deposit in order to reserve your place.
a. must b. need
8. She has known him __________ 1996.
a. since b. from
9. He has been an actor __________ twenty years.
a. last b. for
10. I haven't finished my project __________ .
a. just b. yet
11. It's the __________ film I've ever seen.
a. funniest b. funnier
12. Hvorostovsky D. is one of the __________ opera singer.
a. most talented b. more talented
13. He __________ go tho school. He's ill.
a. mustn't b. doesn't have to
14. You __________ do it tonight. It's urgent.
a. has to b. have to
15. She can't drive, __________?
a. isn't she b. can she
16. He didn't go to the party yesterday, __________?
a. didn't he b. did he
3. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form
1. Why __________ (he\arrive) so late last Monday?
2. __________ (you/ever/explore) a haunted mansion?
3. My parents __________ (cook) breakfast while I __________ (tidy) my room.
4. I _________ (take) the plane tomorrow morning.
5. Few minutes later he __________ (decide) to call the police and report about the incident.
6. If you _________ (study) hard, you __________ (pass) your exams successfully.
7. Mark __________ (listen) to music until 11 pm last night.
8. I'm sure our life __________ (be) very different in 2050.
9. Liza __________ (watch) TV when her father arrived.
10. If I __________ (go) to Spain, I __________ (take) lots of amazing photos.
11. She __________ (work) as a teacher for ten years.
12. Unless Jim pay the electricity bill, it __________ (get) cut off.
13. Max __________ (read) a newspaper when he __________ a loud noise in the garden.
14. __________ (people\live) in underwater cities?
15. I __________ (learn) English since 1998.
16.If the weather __________ (be) good, we __________ (go) for a walk.
17. If people__________ (invent) new fuel, cars __________ (not\pollute) the air.
4. Fill in the following sentences.
behind, off (2), of, with, into, for, forward to, up, out of, back, across, out, away, out with, after
1. If a burglar breaks in, don't put a fight and never run __________ him.
2. He gave __________ smoking last year.
3. My alarm clock went __________ at 7 o'clock.
4. They came __________ this antique book at the market yesterday.
5. He had to stay in hospital for several weeks, so he fell __________ with his lesson.
6. Our teacher was very proud __________ her students.
7. We ran __________ bread, so we went to buy some.
8. She is looking __________ her holidays. She is going to spend this summer in Italy.
9. He can't cope __________ his problems alone. I suppose he needs psychologist's help and support of his relatives.
10. The new hit of Rolling Stones is coming __________ next week.
11.Suddenly I ran __________ my old friend in the street.
12. It's hot! Take __________ your jumper.
13. She is looking __________ a well-paid job in the city, as there is a high level of unemployment in the country.
14. She has fallen __________ Max because he lied to her.
15. Can you give me __________ my book, please?
16. A burger and fries to take __________ , please.
5. Choose the correct response.
1. Do you fancy coming with me?
a. No, I haven't b. Thanks, but I'm afraid I can't
2. Two tickets for King Kong at 6 pm, please.
a. I'm afraid it's sold out b. Here is your change
3.Try it on and see if it fits.
a. OK! Hang on a second b. Really? Thank you very much.
4. I hate reality shows. Can't we watch the news?
a. I suppose so. b. Sure, I really like documentaries
5. Can you help me send an e-mail?
a. No problem. First of all turn on your computer. b. Access your e-mail account.
6. Would you like to go on a picnic?
a. That sounds great! b. What's that all about?
7. Can you send me an e-mail with the details?
a. That's fine! b. Certainly.
8. I find sitting exams the most stressful.
a. Don't mention! b. I don't agree!
6. Read the conversation and choose the correct answer.
1) What happened to Max?
a. Max and his friends found a snake on the floor in the living room.
b. They saw a ghost on the second floor.
c. Max couldn't find his friend who vanished quietly.
- Hi, Max!
- Hi, John! You'll never guess what happened to me.
- Really? What was going on?
- My friends and i spent our last weekend in my uncle's big, old house in the country.
- That sounds great! But you look a little upset.
- I had quite a shock!
- Really? Why?
- We were in the living room downstairs when we heard a loud noise from the second floor.
- What on earth was it?
- When we went upstairs we saw a long orange snake with black stripes on the floor and started shouting and screaming.
- Oh dear! Was anyone hurt?
- No! My uncle caught it quickly.
- Oh my goodness! You don't see that every day, do you?
- No, certainly don't!
2) What Eco-club has she joined?
a. Volunteers club b. Eco-helpers club
3) What has she been doing for a month and for a week?
a. She's been recycling cans and reading about ecology.
b. She's been collecting rubbish and building nesting boxes.
c. She's been watering flowers and teaching the cycle of life.
d. She's been planting trees and cleaning out a pond.
- Hi, Sally! What are you doing here?
- Oh, I've joined the Eco-helpers Club. I've been collecting rubbish for recycling in the park and I've been building nesting boxes.
- What else have you been doing?
- I've been planting trees and cleaning out ponds for a week.
- Your club sounds wonderful. I could join as well, couldn't I?
- Of course you could. We really need volunteers.
- Sounds great!
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|