Итоговая контрольная работа по чтению
Read the text.
1. Everyone knows something about New York – the Statue of Liberty, the skyscrapers, the beautiful shops on Fifth Avenue and many theatres of Broadway. This is America’s cultural capital and her biggest city with a population of nearly eight million. In summer it’s very cold, in winter it can be very cold but there are hundreds of things to do and see all the year round.
2. There are five parts in New York: Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan, Queens and Richmond. Only one of them, the Bronx, is not on an island. Manhattan, the smallest island in New York, is the real centre of the city. When people say ‘New York City’ they usually mean Manhattan. Most of the interesting shops, buildings and museums are here, and Manhattan is the scene of New York’s busy night life.
3. Wall Street in Manhattan is the financial heart of the USA and the most important banking centre in the world. It is a street of skyscrapers. Five million people work here every day.
4. Like every big city, New York has its own traffic system. Traffic jams can be terrible, and it’s usually quicker to by subway. It goes to almost every corner of Manhattan. But be careful at night, it’s better not to go by subway. There are more than 30000 taxis in New York. They are easy to see, because they are bright yellow.
5. If you really have to drive in New York, remember that nearly all the east-west streets and most of the north-south streets are one way only. This can be difficult for the visitor who doesn’t know his way. Try to get a map that shows the directions of the traffic, and good luck!
Найди в тексте 3 существительных, 3 прилагательных, 3 глагола и 3 наречия
2. Choose the right variant
1.What is the population of New York?
a) 5 million c)7 million
b) 6 million d) 8 million
2.Where are many beautiful shops situated in New York?
a) on Broadway c) near the skyscrapers
b) on Fifth Avenue d) not stated
3. What is the real centre of New York?
a) Manhattan c) Richmond
b) the Bronx d) Brooklyn
4. How many taxis are in New York?
a) thirteen c) one thousand
b) thirty d) thirty thousand
|Подраздел||Другие методич. материалы|
Свидетельство о публикации данного материала автор может скачать в разделе «Достижения» своего сайта.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|