I a) Use each verb in Present Simple Passive, Past Simple Passive or Future Simple Passive.
1. Bread (eat) every day.
2. The letters (receive) yesterday.
3. Nick (send) to Moscow next week.
4. I (give) a very interesting book at the library last Friday.
5. Many houses (build) in our town every year.
6. This work (do) tomorrow.
II b) Read a sentence and write another sentence with the same meaning. Use the Passive Voice.
1. Thomas A. Edison invented the electric bulb in the seventeenth century.
2. They water the flowers regularly.
3. The famous ballet dancers will stage this ballet in 15 countries.
4. D. Livingston explored the Kalahari Desert from 1841 till 1852.
5. The boys will paint the roof of the house.
III . The word in capitals above each of the following sentences can be used to form a word that fits suitably in the blank space. Fill each blank in this way.
Her dance made a great … on my friends. - Her dance made a great impression on my friends.
One thing that American teachers are very concerned about is the … of our children.
The International Library of Poetry has just announced an International Poetry … .
A sea voyage is the most romantic way of … .
Which American … was from California?
On the 4th, July the Americans celebrate their main holiday – the … Day.
IV. Complete the following sentences using the most appropriate forms of the verbs.
1. Jack has got a headache. He … sleep well recently.
b) couldn’t have
c) hasn’t been able to
2. I … sleep for hours when I was a little girls.
b) am able to
3. Tom … play tennis well but he … play a game yesterday because he was ill.
a) couldn’t, could
b) can, was able
c) can, couldn’t
4. I didn’t want to be late for the meeting. We … meet at 5 sharp.
a) were to
b) had to
5. Where are my gloves? — I … put them on because it’s cold today.
b) have to
6. You … take an umbrella today. The Sun is shining.
7. I’m sorry, you didn’t invite me to your birthday party. You … invite me next time.
c) need to
8. Well, it’s 10 o’clock. I … go now.
b) has to
9. You … smoke so much.
10. We have got plenty of time. We … hurry.
V. Упражнения на условные предложения в английском. Conditionals exercises.
Подчеркните правильный вариант ответа. Underline the correct form to make conditional sentences.
If Rita opens /will open a boutique in the High Street, she’ll make lots of money.
If the economy doesn’t improve, lots of businesses will close / would close down.
This burglar alarm is so sensitive: it goes off if a mouse runs / will run across the floor.
George may go to prison unless he won’t pay / pays his taxes.
The company was / would be more successful if it spent more money on advertising.
If the employees of a company are/were happy, they work harder.
We might sell our business if it makes / would make another loss this year.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|