Итоговая контрольная работа по английскому языку
за 1 полугодие
(11 класс УМК « English 10-11» автор: В.П. Кузовлев.)
Fill in the blanks:
1.___ a marvelous play! 2. _______terribly he sings!
a) How b) What a) How b) What
3. What a talented _______! 4. What ___ wonderful time we had!
a) actor b) actors a) a b) the c) -
5. I _______love theatre. 6. He ______ enjoy the performance yesterday.
a) am b) does c) do a) is b) did c) does
7. She ______like the musical. 8. “Arrival of a Train” is the French film ______
a) does b) do c) is was the first film in the world.
a) who b) where c) which
9. A director is a man _________is the boss and tells everybody what to do.
a) who b) when c) which
10. _________the shortage of money, the system of medical care works well
a) while b) despite c) because of
11. _________the financial problems in the National Health Service people have to wait to be operated on for many years.
a) despite b) while c) because of
12. ________public health care is not bad, private health treatment is better.
a) despite b) although c) while
13. In Britain the NHS provides most health care, ___in the USA there is no public health service.
a) despite b) while c) although
II. Put the missing words in the right form. There are two extra words.
dance comedy opera drama sing dancer ballet singer
The first building in Bolshoi Theatre was built in 1776. The modern building of the theatre was created by the architect O.Bovet in 1825. In the theatre 1) ___ and 2) __ of M.Glinka, A.Dargomyzhsky, P.Tchaikovsky are performed. In the theatre famous Russian 3) _______ I.Kozlovsky, E.Obraztsova, A.Pirogov 4) ______ . The most outstanding 5) ______ G.Ulanova, M. Plisetskaya, V.Vasiliev, M.Liepa 6)_____ .
Are these statements true (T) or false (F) according to the text “My favourite actors”?
1. Whoopi Goldberg is a black woman.
2. Whoopi Goldberg’s career is not difficult.
3. Goldberg as a film actress.
4. Whoopi can be a very serious and funny actress.
5. Mel Gibson was born in America.
6. He became famous in the"The Man without a Face".
7. Mel Gibson’s first film as director was"Mad Max"
8. He lived in Australia and became a famous Australian actor.
My Favourite Actors
My favourite actors are Mel Gibson and Whoopi Goldberg. Whoopi Goldberg came a long way to her present international success. Her mother was divorced and poor. Whoopi chose a very difficult career for a black woman. She started as a theatre actress and did very well. In the end she had a show on Broadway. Film producers saw her show and a new career in cinema began. She almost got an "Oskar" in Steven Spielberg's film. Whoopi can be a very serious actress. But she can be very funny too.
Mel Gibson, one of eleven children, was born in New York. But his family moved to Australia when he was twelve. He is a traditional Hollywood man of action in some ways; he is strong and handsome with bright blue eyes. But in his films he can be funny and shy like a little boy. Gibson became famous in the "Mad Max" film, made by the Australian director George Miller. Max lives in a desert after a nuclear war. People drive incrediable cars and lorries and wear strange clothes. It is a fantastic mix of past and future. Mel Gibson is now also a film director. His first film as director was "The Man without a Face".
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|