Упражнение 1. Вставьте some, any.
1. There are ___ pictures in the book
2. Are there ___ new students in your group?
3. There are ___ old houses in our street.
4. Are there ___ English textbooks on the desks? - Yes, there are
5. Are there ___ maps on the walls? —No, there aren't
6. Are there ___ pens on the desk? - - Yes, there are
7. Are there ___ sweets in your bag? - - Yes, there are
8. Have you got ___ English books at home? -- Yes, I have
9. There are ___ beautiful pictures in the magazine. Look at them.
10. There is ___ ink in my pen: I cannot write.
11.If there are ___ words you don't understand, use a dictionary.
Упражнение 2. Вставьте is /are.
1) There …….. a window in his kitchen.
2) There ……... one bed in my room.
3) There ……... five chairs at the table.
4) There …….. no cars in the street.
5) …… there a kettle on the gas cooker?
Упражнение 3. Постройте вопросительные предложения.
1) There is a sink in the bathroom.
2) There are three books on the shelf.
3) There is no chair in the toilet.
Упражнение 4. Переведите с английского на русский.
1) There is a blanket and a pillow in my little brother's bed.
2) There are napkins , spoons and forks in the kitchen on the table.
3) There is a carpet in the middle of our living room.
Упражнение 5. Begin each sentence with There was or There were.
1. … a book on the desk. 2. … a clock on the wall. 3. …three stories in the newspaper. 4. … an exercise on the blackboard. 5. … pens in the drawers. 6. … a table in the kitchen. 7. … new houses in the street. 8. … chairs in the hall. 9. … a man at the door. 10. … much money in the safe. 11. … students in the library. 12. … some bread on the plate.
Упражнение 6. Make questions with Is there or Are there.
Example: a lamp on the table
Is there a lamp on the table?
1) German books in this library; 2) many good sportsmen in your class; 3) a football game today; 4) big trees in front of the house; 5) many cows on the farm; 6) any high mountains in our country; 7) many guests at the hotel; 8) a telephone in your flat; 9) a dictionary among your books; 10) any work that must be finished this afternoon.
Упражнение 7. Choose the right word in brackets.
1. There (is, are) a boy and two girls in the room. 2. There (was, were) some desks and chairs in the classroom. 3. There (is, are) an English magazine and newspapers on the desk. 4. There (is, are) a bed, a table and two armchairs in the bedroom. 5. There (was, were) some boys and a girl in the yard. 6. There (was, were) a plate and two cups on the table. 7. There (is, are) two pens and a notebook on the shelf. 8. There (was, were) a map and two pictures on the wall. 9. There (is, are) two rooms and a kitchen in the flat. 10. There (is, are) a fridge and two shelves opposite the window. 11. There (was, were) two spoons and a cup on the saucer. 12. There (is, are) pencils and a pen in the drawer.
Номер материала: ДБ-222763
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: