Vocabulary and Grammar
A. Choose the correct item.
1. Helen has got a __________ sister.
A. double B. twice C. twin
2. I have basketball _____ Mondays.
A. on B. at C. in
3. I have got a big ______ in my bedroom.
A. sink B. cupboard C. wardrobe
4. Bob usually has ________ bacon for breakfast.
A. any B. some C. the
5. August is the ______ month of the year.
A. eight B. eighth C. eighteen
6. I go to school ______ bus.
A. by B. on C. in
7. Bob and Mary can _______ a bike.
A. ride B. drive C. sail
8. It is going to be a _____ day, so take your umbrella.
A. wet B. sunny C. hot
9. Watch ____! There is a car coming.
A. up B. over C. out
10. It is time to _____ to bed.
A. go B. have C. take
11. He _______ literature at school.
A. teachers B. teach C. teaching
12. She is really keen ____ cycling.
A. on B. of C. in
13. My mum _______ very well.
A. is cooking B. cooks C. has cooked
14. At Halloween we all wear _______ .
A. cake B. costumes C. fireworks
15. Mary is doing the __________. She loves plants and flowers.
A. dusting B. homework C. gardening
16. I want ______ ice cream.
A. some B. any C. about
17. Susan lives in a block of ________.
A. flats B. rooms C. palace
18. We usually ______ shopping at the weekends.
A. do B. go C. play
19. John is doing a _______ puzzle.
A. jigsaw B.scrabble C. Monopole
20. We were afraid to swim in the______ river.
A. polluted B. deserted C. clean
21. Did you ____ your granny yesterday?
A. visit B. visited C. visits
22. I _____ at the door but no one answered.
A. knocked B. hit C. rang
23. I saw him two dais ______.
A. ago B. past C. gone
24. Be quite. You ____ make noise.
A. can B. must not C. must
25. She is not _____ to go to the library.
A. will B. would C. going
26. Lets go and see the animals in the _______
A. stadium B. zoo C. library
27. People in the country side are _____ than in the city.
A. friendly B. friendlier C. friendliest.
28. There are a lots of works of art in the ________.
A. gallery B. palace C. house
29. He is going to the International Summer ______ in august.
A. school B. flat C. house
30. You are on holiday. You _____ wake up early .
A. have to B. must not C. need not.
Every day English.
Choose the correct response.
31. How about going to the aquarium?
a) I do not really like fish.
b) Yes, I need some exercise
32. Excuse me. Is this Mr. Browns office?
a) thank you.
b) Yes. What I can do for you?
33. What do you do on your free time?
a) I love going wind surfing.
b) I have the perfect thing for you.
34. Could I have your name please?
a) Yes. It is Brown. Mr. Brown
b) You are welcome Mr. Brown.
35. Would you like anything to eat?
a) fruit salad, Please.
b) a cup of tea, please.
Read the text. Mark the sentences T (true) or F (false).
At Vinnie’s Place, the food is great and the prices are fantastic. A meal for two costs £55.
Looking for something for different? Well, come and visit us at Vinnie’s Place on Pleasant Avenue. Vinnie’s Place is an Italian restaurant with a difference!
Vinnie’s starters are the best in town. Try the tomato soup or mixed green salad. For a main course? Choose between the Milan chicken with rice or the Sicilian – style fish with a baked potato. But save room for dessert! How about chocolate cake? No? Then why not try the lemon pie?
Vinnie’s Place is open Monday to Saturday from 12 to 12.
36. You can have soup for a starter. ____________
37. The fish comes with a potato. ____________
38. There is only one kind of dessert. ____________
39. A meal for two costs more than £50 ____________
40. Vinnie’s Place is open on Sundays. _____________
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|