I. Fill in: a, an, the where necessary.
1. I love swimming in ____________ Black Sea.
2. ____Urals separate ___Europe from ____Asia.
3. Alice dreams of travelling to _____North Pole.
4. __Washington is ___ capital of ___ United States of America.
5. ____ Baikal is one of the most beautiful places in our country.
6. That's _______great jacket that you're wearing.
II. Put the verbs into Present Simple, Present Continuous, Present Perfect, Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect, Future Simple, to be going to.
1. Yesterday I _____________________ (come) to school early in the morning.
2. What ________ you _________ (do) at 6 p.m. on Saturdays?
3. When I _________ (see) Emma, she _____________________ (talk) over the phone.
4. Ellie ________________ (write) a letter to her granny when mother _____________(call) her.
5. Charlie ___________ (have) a big family. They ____________ (live) together in a cottage.
6.”Where is Charlie?” “He _____________ ________________ (walk) the dog!
7. I _______________ (be) to London five times.
8. What ______________ (be) the weather like last Sunday?
9.”Hi, Dan! Have you got plans for the weekend?” “I _____________________ (visit) my cousins Eva and Tom. Care to join me?”
10. I have a birthday party next weekend. _______________ you ______________ (come)?
11. After the guard on duty _________ (leave) his post, the thief ___________ (lift) the painting.
III. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the adjective.
1. Which river is________________ (long) than the Amazon?
2. Which river is____________________ (long) in the world?
3. Who is_______ (good) student in your group?
4. Mary is as ____________ (tall) as Ann.
5. Sarah is three years__________ (old) than Ellie.
6. The African Black Mamba is one of____________________________ (poisonous) snakes in the world.
7. Children are often ______________ (noisy).
IV. Choose the correct response.
How was your weekend?
I didn't do anything special.
Did you have a good weekend?
I'd like to go there.
I went to the Zoo.
It was nice. Thanks.
Yes, I'd love to.
Would you like to plant flowers?
V. Fill in: inspire, legend, species, rubbish, explorer, attempt, survive, mammal.
1. Columbus was a (an) ___________________ who went on four voyages to “the New World”.
2. Leonardo da Vinci continues to __________ artists even today.
3. Thieves are often caught when they _________
to sell stolen property.
4. The story of Bolster the giant is a very well-known _____________________.
5. Half of the Pilgrims managed to ___________
the first winter.
6. The Siberian Tiger is the largest cat _________
in the world.
7. A dolphin is a ______________________that
lives in the sea.
8. You can often see______________________ floating on the surface of the ocean.
VI. Read the text. Answer the questions.
Buckingham Palace was built in 1702 and was the Duke of Buckingham's city home. Since 1837, it has been occupied by Britain's Royal Family. Every year, the Palace hosts royal ceremonies, state visits and other events which are organized by the Royal Family. Buckingham Palace has 775 rooms and it is decorated with extremely valuable works of art. The largest multi-purpose room is the Ballroom. It was opened in1856 with a ball to celebrate the end of the Crimean War, and since then, it has been used as a concert hall for various arts performances. Apart from being the Royal Family's home and the office of the Queen, the Palace is also a major tourist attraction. From August to September, while the Queen is visiting Scotland, the Palace's nineteen state rooms can be visited by public.
When did Buckingham Palace become home for the Royal Family?
What events take place there?
Are there any paintings?
Can tourists visit it?
5. When is it open for the public?
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|