8 th form
Please underline the correct answer.
Example: He ... a teacher.
a)am b) are c) be d) is
1. Time ... a good teacher
a) is b) are c) be d) am
2. He ... three brothers
a) get b) has got c) is d) have got
3. This is the room in ... the crime took place
a) where b) that c) which d) this
4. These are pencils. ... pencils are black.
a) a b) an c) - d) the
5. ... she like chocolates?
a) does b)is c) has d) do
6. He ... to see his aunt yesterday
a) goes b) went c) will go d) has gone
7. They have ... interesting books
a) any b) all c) some d) lots
8. The staircase is ... the room
a) at b) is c) on d) in
9. ... you be busy tomorrow at 7 o'clock?
a) will b) is c) do d) have
10. Excuse me, can I borrow ... pen?
a) yours b) your c) you d) any
11. Their grades are ... than ours
a) more good b) most good c) better d) gooder
12. ... do you do?
a) Where b) When c) Who d) What
13. Look at the clouds. I think it ...
a)is going to rain b) will rain c) rains d) rain
14. You did the job ...
a) good b) well c) best d) goodly
15. It's the 15th ... March
a) - b) in c) of d) from
16. She gets paid more than ...
a) that b) I c) myself d)me
17. I ... a headache
a) have b) am c) do d) got
18. Ben is so clever. He can talk about ... subject that comes up
a) whenever b)whatever c) whoever d) wherever
19. I ... TV every evening
a) hear b) look at c) watch d) see
20. ... people don't know how to deal with stress
a)more b) more of c) the most of d) most of
21. He is very well known ... the world
a) all over b) all in c) in all d) above
22. ... he do his job well?
a) does b) did c) have d) is
23. Where is Marry? She ... to Paris
a) goes b)will go c) has gone d) is going
24. I'll call you when I ... home
a) get b) 'll get c) 'll have got d) 'm getting
25. I was wondering ... tell me when the next plane from Dallas arrives?
a) if you could tell me b) could you c) can you d) if you could you
26. The buses were all full and I ... take a taxi
a) have to b) had to c) am to d) was to
27. Charlie lived in ... Chicago in America
a) - b) the c) a d)an
28. How ... times must I repeat it?
a) many more b) much c) more many d) more
29. ... the room!
a) don't enter into b) not to enter c) don't enter d) not enter
30. The news ... so shocking
a) were b) was c) did d) had
31. I ... a shower last night when my friend rang
a) have been taking b) was taking c) took d) have taken
32. I ... to Africa with a mission
a) am send b) sent c) am being sent d) be send
33. Mary is always out playing volleyball or cycling, ... her sister prefers to stay indoors
a) instead b) whereas c) in contrast d) opposite
34. When I graduate from college next June, I ... a student here for five years
a) will have been b) has been c) will have d) have been
35. ... freelance writer, you can earn very good money
a) like a b) as a c) - d) as the
36. He was waiting for us on ... side of the street
a) - b) other c) the other d) another
37. The flood caused ... damage to the city
a) extensive b) extension c) extend d) extended
38. I have only ... Christmas cards left to write
a) a few b) a little c) little d) fewer
39. It was ... me to have missed the train
a) stupid of b) stupid for c) stupid about d) stupid to
40. Two people are reported ... in the fire
a) will be kill b) to have been killed c)to kill d)to have killed
41. I've never really got ... my neighbor, probably because we are so different
a) up to b) through c) on with d) out of
42. My grandfather remembers … into this house when he was a very small boy
a) moving b) move c) to move d) moved
43. I don’t often have time to eat a proper lunch, so I … just a banana
a) make to do with b) make do with c) make do for d)made with
44. Mr. Beret … rather not invest that money in this business
a) could b) must c) would d) had
45. My dog was trained to … my slippers
a) take b) bring c)fetch d)carry
46. I don’t know where … last night
a)did he go b)he did go c)he went d)went he
47. I’m so hungry! If only Chris … all the food in the fridge!
a)wasn’t eating b)didn’t eat c)hadn’t eaten d) hasn’t eaten
48. Surely Leila … you if she was unhappy with your work
a)will tell b)would have told c)must have told d)had told
49. …, she would be the last person willing go to live there
a) were to be asked b) were she to ask c)was she asking d)she were to be asked
50. That last person … the room should switch off the lights
a) left b) to leave c) leaves d) leave
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|