Test for the 7 th form (the end of the third term)( Cambridge)
I. Present Perfect, Past Perfect or Present Perfect Continuous.
1. We… just … about it.
a)are, talking b) have, talked c) had talked
2. You …just … tomorrow’s weather forecast.
a)are, hearing b) have, heard c) had heard
3. … you ever … to Astana?
a)are, being b) have, been c) had been
4. Look at her hands! They are dirty! She … fruits for 2 hours.
a) has been picking b) has picked c) had picked
5. Is it true that you … to find me all day long?
a) have tried b) have been trying c) had tried
6. How long … you … tennis? You look so tired and totally exhausted!
a) have/been playing b) have /played c) had/ played
7. My daughter … since early morning.
a) has studied b) has been studying c) had studied
8. I… just … my homework.
a) have/done b) have been doing c) had done
9. The children … already … what to do with the books.
a) have/ decided b) have been deciding c) had decided
10. She …this book since last summer.
a) has been reading b) has read c) had read
11. Tom … from the cinema by five o’clock yesterday.
a) had returned b) has been returning c) has returned
12. When father returned home, we… already … our work.
a) have/ done b) had / done c) have been doing
13. By 2 o’clock the teacher … all the students.
a) has examined b) had examined c) has been examining
14. When I came, my sister was reading a book which she … from the library.
a) has brought b) had brought c) has been bringing
15. … you ever … any stories by Jack London?
a) have/ read b) had/ read c) have been reading
II. Conditional sentences.
16. If you …out with your friends tonight, I …football match on TV.
a) will go/ watch b) go/ will watch c) will go/ will watch
17. I … a car, if I … a lot of money.
a) buy / will have b) will buy/ have c) will have/ will buy
18. If we … to the radio, we … the news.
a) listen/ will hear b) will listen/ will hear c)will listen/ will hear
19. We … to the park, if the weather … fine.
a) go/ will be b) will go/ is c) will go/ will be
20. We … there on time if we … the bus.
a) will get/ catch b) will get/ will catch c) get/ will catch
III. Make tag questions from the following sentences.
21. He is a student.
22. He isn’t a student.
23. They were on the street.
24. We traveled a lot.
25. She didn’t go to the cinema.
26. I will play football tomorrow.
27. You will not do it yourself.