A plan of an open English lesson
Theme: Why do we learn the English lesson?
to teach pupils the importance of learning the English language
to develop pupils’ oral speech
to consolidate pupils’ grammar knowledge.
Type: Competition lesson.
Equipment: cards, tables, presents (sweets)
THE PROCEDURE OF THE LESSON
I. THE ORGANIZATION MOMENT OF THE LESSON.
Teacher: Good afternoon, dear boys and girls! Welcome to our today’s show which is called “Why do we learn the English language?” Today our children, who learn this magic language, show you how they are at English and tell you why they learn the necessary language. Let’s begin! (a report about the English language)
– It is necessary to learn foreign languages. That’s why pupils have got such a subject as a foreign language at school.
Everybody knows his own language but it is useful to know foreign languages too.
– I learn English because I understand that I can use it. For example, if I go to England I’ll be able to speak English there. If I go to the USA, I’ll speak English too. English is used not only in England but also in other parts of the world.
– I learn English because I want to read foreign literature in the original. I know and like such English and American writers as Charles Dickens, Mark Twain, Lewis Carroll and others. I understand that I must learn English. If I know English well, I’ll be able to go to the library and take books by English and American writers in the original.
– I like to travel but it is difficult to visit countries, when you don’t know the language spoken there. If I know the language of the country I am going to, it will be easy to travel there. If I want to ask something, I can do it in English.
– I like to read books and I like to read newspapers too. If I know, for example, English, I’ll be able to read English newspapers and magazines. Knowledge of foreign languages helps young people of different countries to understand each other, to develop friendship among them. For example, if we have a foreign exhibition in Shymkent and I know a foreign language, it is easy for me to visit this exhibition.
– You can see a lot of advertisements, signboards and names in the street. They are in foreign languages. Very often they are in English. If you know English well, you can read and understand them.
– Now we buy many clothes from other countries. If you know English well, you can read something about the size of this or that thing. It is clear to you what it is made of.
– There are a lot of films in foreign languages. If you know them, you can understand films without any help.
– There are international friendship camps in the world. If you can speak foreign languages, it will be easy for you to visit such camps and speak with boys and girls who do not know Russian or Kazakh.
– In short, I understand that I have to learn English properly and I try to do so.
Teacher: Very good! Thank you very much! And now let’s talk about the ABS!
26 cards in half a pack
26 weeks in half a year
26 letters dressed in black
In all the words you ever will hear.
A B C D E F G
George is hiding far from me.
Looking here, looking there
I can’t see him anywhere.
I wish I knew my letters well
So I might learn to read and spell.
I’d find them on my pretty card
If they were not so very hard.
II. THE MAIN PART OF THE LESSON.
Teacher: OK! We’ve had warm-up exercises. And now we’re beginning our competition, the main part of our show. Be active, speak English more and more. Then you’ll be given a lot of presents. Are you ready? Listen and guess what it is (who guesses the riddles he’ll be able to take part in the competition)
What has no legs but can go? (a clock)
What has legs but cannot go? ( a table)
Who can speak but hasn’t any sounds? ( a book)
What can speak and has a lot of sounds but hasn’t a tongue? (a radio or a tape-recorder)
What is the 20th letter of the English alphabet? ( T )
What has teeth but no mouth? ( a hairbrush)
What has a hat but no hair? ( a mushroom)
What is the 4th month of the year? (April)
What has a mouth but no teeth? (a tea-pot)
What has hands but no fingers? (a door)
10 pupils, who guessed the riddles, are divided into 2 teams.
The 1st team is “THE REDS”, the 2nd one is “THE BLUES”. Talking about the colours.)
Teacher: What can you say about these colours?
The Reds – red is a colour of a rose, the symbol of GB.
The Blues – blue is a colour of our flag and so The Reds are our guests.
The Reds – The English
The Blues – The Kazakh
Teacher : Now, we have 2 teams. Listen the 1st task for you.
“THE MAGIC WELL’’
Teacher: While they are doing the task, please, let’s talk about proverbs.
(The other pupils are given 3 proverbs and they should translate them into Russian and Kazakh. For each right answer they’ll be given a score)
1. A friend in need is a friend indeed
(Друг познаётся в беде.)
2. East or West, home is best.
(В гостях хорошо, дома – лучше.)
3. Better late than never.
(Лучше поздно, чем никогда)
Teacher: I see our participants are ready. OK!
And now, the 2nd task for you is to put the letters in the right order to make a word.
amen – name
tenkit – kitten
lodl – doll
raeb – bear
sorhe – horse
restis – sister
dirb – bird
taun – aunt
Teacher: While they are doing the task, please, tell us some patters in English.
Lesser leather never weathered wetter weather better.
Fred fed Ted bread and Ted fed Fred bread.
Can you retell ten texts in twelve seconds?
Pat’s black cat is in Pat’s black hat.
Which witch wished which wicked wish?
Mummies munch much mush.
Teacher: Are you ready? Excellent! And now the third task is “Rhyming Words”
take – cake
beauty – duty
new – few
leather – weather
book – cook
ten – hen
nine – mine
sand – hand
cat – hat
cap – map
(The pupils say five words & the partners should say rhyming words for them)
Teacher: Very well! You are so good at English & very clever children
III. THE END OF THE LESSON.
the winners & participants will be given presents (sweets)
Номер материала: ДВ-388933
Вам будут интересны эти курсы:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|