Winter. Winter clothes.
Objectives: 1) to develop reading and speaking skills on the topic “Winter’’
2) to develop phonetic skills
3) to activize lexical material on topic “Winter Clothes”
4) to develop group work skills
Equipment: a computer, a tape recorder, texts, pictures, hand-outs.
T.: Good morning, dear children! I see that all pupils are present today. How are you? I am fine. That’s OK! Let’s begin our lesson.
Today we are going to speak about winter and winter clothes. We are going to do some exercises on reading and speaking and we’ll learn new words.
Let’s repeat the poem:
Winter, winter you are white
You are frosty, light and bright
Trees and streets and parks with snow
And the flowers do not grow.
Children can in winter skate.
They can ski, but they can’t bathe.
III. MAIN PART
Let’s revise the vocabulary on the theme. Write the missing letters.
W_NTER, SK_, WHIT_ , SL_DGE, SK_TE, SN_W, C_LD, FR_STY, IC_, HOCK_Y.
Read the text “Winter”
There are four seasons in a year. Winter is the first season of the year. December, January and February are winter months. December and January are long months. They have got thirty one days. February is a very short month. It has got twenty eight or twenty nine days.
In winter it is very cold. The weather is frosty. The trees, the streets and the houses are white with snow. In winter there are no birds in the trees and no flowers in the parks.
In winter children usually play hockey, skate, ski and sledge.
3. Post-reading activities
a) Complete the sentences
1) _____________is the first season of the year.
2) December,___________ and February are the winter months.
3) February is a very short __________.
4) The weather is ________.
5) In winter it is very ________.
6) In winter children usually play hockey,_________,________ and sledge.
b) Answer the questions:
1. What is the first season of the year?
2. What are the winter months?
3. What is the weather like in winter?
4. What colour are the trees, the streets and the houses in winter?
5. Do children play hockey, skate, ski and sledge in winter?
V. LANGUAGE WORK
1 .Group work
Look at the blackboard. Listen and repeat the words.
MITTENS, SCARF, SWEATER, JACKET, GLOVES, COAT, BOOTS, FUR-CAP.
Match the pictures to the words.
VI. LANGUAGE GAME
Equipment: red and blue pencils
T.: Use blue pencils to underline winter words and use red pencils to underline clothes words.
SKI,SOCKS, WHITE, MITTENS, SLEDGE, SKATE, SCARF, SNOWMAN, SWEATER, SNOWBALLS, JACKET, GLOVES, COLD, COAT, FROSTY, BOOTS, ICE, FUR-CAP, HOCKEY.
Now children tell me please what symbols of winter do you know? Guess please what symbols of winter have I got in my bag? You are right. It’s a snowman. Our snowman is very cold. I have got some winter clothes. Let’s put on our snowman some clothes.
VIII. HOME ASSIGNMENT
Learn the words and write them down in your exercise-books.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|