Конспект урока по английскому языку 9 класс «What are teens reading tastes?»
Цель: формировать лексические навыки говорения
Задачи: 1. Познакомить учащихся с новой лексикой по теме «Книги», «Жанры книг».
2. Развивать навыки чтения, говорения
3. Прививать любовь к книге и потребность в чтении.
Тип урока: урок ознакомления с новым материалом
I am glad to see you and our guests. I congratulate you with your first school day. We will work with Student’s book by Kuzovlev V.P. and Activity Book.
[i] – active, activity, visit, visiting
[d] – do, did, done, doing
[ w] – swim, swimming, walk, walking
Answer the questions:
-Where did you spend your summer holidays?
- What TV programmes did you watch?
- Where did you go? What places did you visit?
- Who do you spend your holidays with?
- Did you read books, newspapers, magazines?
Do you like reading?
Today we’ll speak about reading and reading tastes. Some people prefer romance, the other fantasy. So, what are the genres of the book?
Работа с новой лексикой
(“Word box” p.7)
Fiction – художественная литература
Science fiction – научная фантастика
Novel - роман
Romance – любовный роман
Reference book - справочник
Fantasy - фантастика
Biography - биография
Autobiography - автобиография
Classic – классика, классический
Horror book –книга ужасов
Explain in your own words: reference book, science fiction, biography, autobiography, etc…
Now let’s read it in your books on the page 7.
Развитие навыков чтения.
Ex. 1 p. 7
-During Teen Read Week in the USA young people express their opinion about their attitudes towards reading.
Do all the teenagers enjoy reading?
b) after-reading activities
Answer the questions:
Why does John like reading?
What are John’s favourite genres?
What genres does Beth like? Why?
What does Emma think about romances and poetry?
Have books influenced Sally’s life? In what way?
Why does Sally prefer non-fiction books?
Which book does Nancy recommend? Why?
What is Sam’s opinion about reading?
4.Первичное закрепление лексического материала
Game “How well do you know new words”
Try to choose one word to the following definitions:
Books, films or cartoons about an imagined future, especially about space travel or other planets. (science fiction)
A long printed story about imaginary characters and events. (novel)
The life story of a person written by someone else. (biography)
A book of facts, such as a dictionary or an encyclopedia, which you look at to discover particular information . (reference book)
A story about love . (romance)
5.Развитие навыков говорения
-Express your opinion: What are your reading tastes? What do you like reading?
*6.Повторение грамматического материала. Порядок слов в предложении.
- Many famous people said a lot of beautiful words about books. You should make up quotations from the following words.
1. without / live / cannot /I/ reading ( I cannot live without reading. Thomas Jefferson)
2. the voice / Words / are / heart / of the (Words are the voice of the heart. Confucious)
3. to the body / Reading /is / to the mind / what exercise / is (Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. Richard Steel)
4. in order to / Read / live (Read in order to live. Custavo Flaubert)
5. is / learning / Reading / the best. (Reading is the best learning. A.Pushkin)
Is it important to read books?
Why is it important?
Your home task will be to write new words into the dictionary on p. 7 and learn it; Activity Book Ex 1 p 5-6 (in written form)
Thank you for the lesson.
Номер материала: ДБ-405729
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: