Конспект урока иностранного языка
Тема: “Conflict Resolution” («Решение конфликтов»)
Разработала: учитель высшей категории МБОУ лицея №35 г. Ставрополя Гритчина Наталья Ивановна
Тип урока: урок обобщения знаний, речевых умений и навыков
Цель урока: обобщение лексического - грамматического материала по теме.
Развивающий аспект – развитие навыков самостоятельного сбора и обобщения информации, развитие творческих способностей учащихся;
Учебный аспект – совершенствование умений монологической и диалогической речи, развитие умений аудирования и письма;
Воспитательный аспект – формирование потребности и способности понимать чужую точку зрения, выражать свою точку зрения, воспитание уважения к изучаемому языку.
Оборудование: аудио средства, плакаты, карточки с заданиями, учебные пособия.
I. Оргмомент. Введение в тему урока. Слайд1.
– Dear students, I am glad to see you at our English lesson. How are you? What about your family, friends? Is there anything that has troubled you this week? If is there, we will help you to solve them. Today we are a Conflict Resolution Centre and the main object is to discuss the question “Can we learn in peace?” We’ll summarize everything you’ve learnt about conflicts. We have three groups to make our work different and fruitful.
II. Речевая зарядка.
- So, tell me please, what conflict is?
- Conflict is a misunderstanding between people.
- What is the difference between a problem and a conflict?
- A conflict is more serious than a problem. It is more difficult to resolve a conflict and it takes more time, much effort and personal strength.
Look at the slides and tell what kinds of conflicts are presented here?
- The conflict between children
- The conflict between teacher and pupils.
- Political conflict.
- Family conflict.
- Conflict between girlfriend and boyfriend.
- Conflict on the work.
- Sport conflict.
- Conflict between mother and daughter.
And so on, but these are the most popular kinds of conflicts.
III. Активизация лексического материала.
The next task - I’ll give you these cards; there is a lexical material on our topic. You should classify the words and word combinations into three groups: the first group finds out the feelings, which conflict causes; the second group writes down the verbs of the description of the conflicts; the third group enumerates the reasons of the conflicts. There are 8 words or word combinations for each group. Start, you have 5 minutes.
to be upset, to discriminate, to have different values, unhappy, to shout, angry, to betray, to have fights, nervous, to break rights, annoying, to misunderstand, violent, to trouble people, unfriendly, to argue, to ignore, , to envy, to disagree, unfair, to hurt, to tell lies, to bully classmates, to criticize.
Thank you and now let’s check.
Put these cards aside, you need them late.
IV. Проверка домашнего задания. Монологическая речь.
– Your home task was to conduct a survey among the pupils of our school on the problems that worry them. It is a group work. Now we can see the products of your work and listen to your talks.
(The pupils present their projects. The posters with pictures, short texts are placed on the blackboard.)
V. Активизация диалогической речи.
1.We have found out that the main groups of conflicts at your age are:
at home, at school, with friends.
Now we are going to listen to how the teenagers talk to each other and try to resolve some conflicts. Some of you have cards with phrases and you should make your dialogues. Other students have a task to use the words in the gaps. (They have cards too.)
(The students role play the 3 dialogues.)
(The other students read their texts.)
2. Now, please, answer the question:
– What problems and conflicts do YOU have?
(The students, in turns, tell the class about their problems.)
3. It’s time to talk about the ways of solving your problems. Answer the question:
Teacher: How can teenagers cope with their problems?
-Teenagers should get along with their parents, help and understand them.
- Spend more time with parents and relatives.
-Try to control what they do and say.
- Observe the law of co-existence.
- Respect other people's rights.
-Teens should follow the rules of behavior at home, at school, in public places.
-Spend their spare time with benefit for themselves.
-Teens should ask for psychological help.
- Ask grown -ups for help and follow their advice.
- Teenagers shouldn't quarrel with other people and should avoid conflicts with them.
- We shouldn't shout at each other.
- They shouldn't show off.
- They mustn't be aggressive and bully other people.
- They mustn't use dirty language.
Teacher: Thank you for your ideas. I am sure; you'll be able to find a way from a difficult situation.
Now you deserve a short rest.
Relax and enjoy while listening to the song. Sing it in the same manner.
Звучит песня в исполнении ансамбля Битлз «She is leaving home»
Текст песни раздается. Ученики встают и подпевают.
1).What is the main problem given in the song?
2).Who is right and who is not?
3).Do you have such problems at home?
4).Do you think that to escape is the best way out?
5).Do you have any friends who want to leave their house because of bad relations with parents? (If yes, how are you going to help them?)
Teacher: -I think that misunderstanding between children and their parents is a very unpleasant thing. But to my mind there are some ways to solve this problem. What are they from your point of view?
VII. Развитие умений в аудировании.
1. Now it's time to listen to the conversations about some conflict situations in the families. Open your books on page 125 ex. 76, please. Read the questions and get ready to answer them. (The students do the exercise.)
– What caused the conflicts in the families?
– Who started the conflicts?
– Are these conflicts typical?
VIII. Актуализация грамматического материала.
And the last task. Using your grammar material, you’ve studied during this theme; make some advice for our Conflict Resolution Center. Each group will make its own project using its own grammar rules. The first group uses Conditional I, the second group – Infinitive constructions, the last group – always, never. You’ll have 5 minutes.
So, at the end of our lesson tell me, did you like our work? What was the most interesting?
IX. Заключительный этап.
1. Объяснение домашнего задания.
Your home task is ex. 91 p. 130. Think of a conflict situation. Describe the situation and people in it. Say, if it was resolved or it was not.
2. Подведение итогов.
– Now we are making the conclusion of our serious work at this lesson. You'll agree with me that our life is full of problems and conflicts of different sorts. But we cannot be happy and successful if we don't know how to solve different problems and we don't want to find ways out of difficult situations. It's very important to have people that we can rely on and who can give us help and support. I hope you have learnt how to resolve the conflicts and this lesson will help you in your future life.
I thank you for your creative and fruitful work. Your marks are « good" and "excellent".
Урок подготовлен по материалам:
1.Учебник "Enjoy English" М.З. Биболетовой для 9 класса.
2.Рабочая тетрадь к учебнику "Enjoy English" для 9 класса.
3. Аудио запись к учебнику.
Use the words:
I don't like (1)….. and conflicts. I try to (2) ….. them. It is my character which often (3)….. conflicts in my family. My parents say that I (4) ….. lies. To put if frankly, I don't always inform my parents about bad test results. It's not because I want to escape (5) ….. . I don't want to (6) ….. their feeling. My parents (7) ….. a quiet evening after a long working day. And then I'll have to invent a new method of (8) ….. serious conflicts.
tell, deserve, quarrels, resolving, avoid, punishment, causes, hurt
Use the words:
When people (1) ….. with each other, they may have conflicts. Conflicts happen when people have different ideas or (2)….. . It's not always possible to (3) ….. conflicts. But we can (4) ….. conflicts by 5) ….. means. We must try to resolve conflicts peacefully, because conflicts can lead to (6) ….. or bad (7) ….. between people.
resolve, relations, disagree, peaceful, values, violence, prevent
Use the words:
Teenagers make their parents crazy. Some of them dye their hair with (1) ….. colours, others (2) ….. clothes that (3) …… their parents. They want to have their (4) ….. stereos, mobile phones and (5) ….. . Those adults, who are (6) ….. now, fought with their own parents about clothes and (7) ….. . (8) ….. have fought with their parents since time began.
teenagers, amazing, televisions, wear, parents, shock, lifestyles, own
Make up dialogue "Problem at school" using these phrases.
– ……… has got a serious problem ……
– ………. Is it really troubling?
– ………. the teacher invites … parents to school.
– ….. doesn't like ….
– ………. It causes problems.
– ………. Do … parents punish ….?
– ……….. can solve this problem peacefully.
– ………... understand… and help prevent other conflicts.
Make up dialogue "Problem at home " using these phrases.
– ………. Have you got a problem?
– ………. cannot use ………
– Is it …..?
– ……….. has punished me…… doesn't allow me…..
– ……… has some reasons to do it.
– …………… argue with ….and quarrel with …..
– ……..have to help about the house too.
– …….. advises me to avoid quarrels and ………by peaceful means.
– ….. appreciate his advice.
Make up dialogue "Problem with a friend" using these phrases.
– …. glad to see you….
– ……… But I feel down.
– …… the reason?
– …….. to go to the library together, ……..
– I'm very sorry. ………
– And you couldn't ……..
- …….. Can you forgive me?
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|