в 7-х классах
Учитель: Воробьёва Е.А.
Тема: The USA is a Highly Developed Industrial Country (урок обобщения)
Основные задачи: Make pupils to constract concepts through inquiry and investigation. Emphasize thinking processes and critical thinking processes to help pupils become effective problem - solvers.
Teach pupils to observe, to classify, to measure, to use numbers, to communicate.
Use explore activities with the help of maps.
Оборудование: карта США, аудиокассета, магнитофон, карточки.
I. Introduction: Pupils should listen to some information about the USA taped on the cassette.
Official name: the USA
Status: A federal republic
Area: 364.000 sq.km
Population: more than 230 million people
Capital: Washington, D.C.
Location: The USA proper (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) stretches across North America from the Atlantic Ocean in the east to the Pacific Ocean in the west, from Canada in the north to Mexico and Gulf of California in the South.
Ethnic com"">Head of the State: President.
Legislative body: Congress, consisting of the Senate and the House of Representatives.
Local government: 50 states, each with a popularly elected governor and legislature.
Main political parties: the Democratic Party and the Republican Party.
II. Read all the questions carefully and think about the answers, write your answers:
- What is the official language? (English)
- Which American state has the last to acquire "state" status? (Hawaii)
- Which famous American document begins with the words, "We, the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union..." ( the Constitution of the USA)
- What is the USA area? (364.000 km)
- What is its population? (more than 230 mln people)
- Its New York its capital? (No)
- What do you know about the USA location?
- Who is the head of the state? (President)
- Name main political parties.
III. Use the map of the USA.
Find and mark the following names on the map: the Great Salt Lake, the Mississippi, the Gulf of Mexico, the Mississippi Valley, the Cordillera, the Appalachian Mountains, the Missouri, the Colorado, the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Saint Lawrence River, the Hudson River, the Rocky Mountains.
Point to the states: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Chicago, Boston, New York, Washington, Hollywood, Birmingham, Detroit, Seattle, Pittsburgh.
IV. Make up this table.
V. Заключительный этап урока.
1. Выставление оценок.
2. Домашнее задание: to write a composition "The USA is a Highly Developed Industrial Country".
Номер материала: ДВ-376202
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: