СЕВАСТОПОЛЬСКАЯ СПЕЦИАЛИЗИРОВАННАЯ ШКОЛА I-III СТУПЕНЕЙ № 3 С УГЛУБЛЕННЫМ ИЗУЧЕНИЕМ АНГЛИЙСКОГО ЯЗЫКА
СЕВАСТОПОЛЬСКОГО ГОРОДСКОГО СОВЕТА
Урок-copевнование по английскому языку
THE PLANETS OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM
Учитель английского языка
Level: lower secondary school
Form: 6 form divided into 3 groups
Predicting the contents of the lesson from the presentation.
Reading to find answers to the questions.
Listening for detailed information.
Speaking about the planets of the Solar System.
Present Simple, Future Indefinite.
Describing the planets of the Solar System.
Understanding the necessity of saving our planet.
The names of the planets, a galaxy, the universe, the Milky Way, a countdown, a countup, a spacecraft, gravity.
Presentation, video-films from Youtube, posters, students’ drawings, the slips of papers with quizzes
www.Bemular.com. The Planets Song.
John Rutter “For the beauty of the Earth” the song.
Earth Song Lyrics- Michael Jackson.
2. Skills work.
Vocabulary: Presentation, video “The names of the planets”, video “The Planets song”, slips of papers with the names of planets.
The competition with the balloons, a quiz, mind benders( questions and answers).
Listening: video about our Solar System, multiple choice.
Speaking: Space Challenge, the song “For the Beauty of the Earth” by John Rutter, “Earth song” by Michael Jackson.
3. The results of the competition.
1. Greetings. The presentation of the teachers, the jury, the participants of the competition.Setting the tasks.
2. Vocabulary. (On the presentation).
At our lessons we are reading an amazing story “ They came from Kitra”. Is this a ghost, detective or science fiction story? What is Kitra? What is a planet?
A planet is one of the large masses in space like the Earth that goes around the Sun or a star. Galaxies are clusters of stars, planets, gas and dust. The universe is made up of allthe galaxies and the space around them. Do you know how many galaxies there are in the universe- hundreds, thousands or billions? (Billions). Can you name the galaxy that our Solar system is part of? I can help you: there is a famous candy bar with the same name. (The Milky Way).
Do you know the planets of our Solar System? Watch the video and try to learn the names of the planets. 1 min.
Listen to the Planets song. The song and the video were released by a famous musical group which is called Bemular. They live and work in Los Angeles and do the kids songs. When the disk got out to the world in 2011, it got 1200-1700 views a day. www.Bemular.com.
The competition. Take the sheets of papers with the names of the planets and put them in the correct order beginning with the Sun. The team that is the first will get 3 points, the second one is 2 points…
The competition. Do you know how the rockets work? When the fuel inside the rocket burns, it turns into very hot gas. That gas shoots out of the rocket and moves it forward. Take the balloons(your spaceships today), blow them up and let them go. Your breath is the balloons’ fuel, its hot gas, as the hot gas shoots out, the balloon moves forward. We’ll see whose spaceship is the first. Three, two, one, go!
3. Reading and Speaking. The competition. Now you are in space. Let’s speak about your life in space.
4. Listening. Watch the video about our Solar system, which gives you interesting information about its planets. After that you are to circle the correct sentences.
5. Speaking. The competition: Space Challenge. What’s wrong with this picture? Find 10 things that can’t be true.
6. Listening and speaking. What planet do you live on? I want you to listen to the song “For the Beauty of the Earth” by John Rutter. John Rutter was awarded the IVORS for this song. The award is a bronze sculpture of Euterpe, the muse of lyric poetry. Watch, listen and enjoy the song. What’s the main idea of the song? ( The students’ answers. How beautiful the Earth is.)
And now listen to the song“Earth Song Lyrics” by Michael Jackson, the famous American singer. What have we done to the Earth? Why are children dying from wars? Why are whales crying? What did Michael Jackson want to tell the people of the Earth? (Listening) Finish the sentence: Our main aim is to…..
7. The results of the competition. The awards- Milky Way bars.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|