План-конспект урока английского языка
в 10 классе по теме
Цель: способствовать формированию коммуникативной компетенции на основе изученного материала с использованием ИКТ.
Образовательная – способствовать формированию коммуникативного навыка с применением изученного лексического и грамматического материала.
Развивающая – способствовать развитию логически правильного построения высказывания на уроке английского языка.
Воспитательная – способствовать воспитанию личности, интересующуюся спортом и воспитывать гордость за отечественных олимпийских чемпионов.
Оборудование: интерактивная доска, раздаточный материал, м/м проектор, компьютер, доска.
УМК: М.З. Биболетовой «Enjoy English» 10 класс
- Good afternoon, boys and girls! Nice to meet you! How are you today?
2. Определение темы урока
- Let’s try to guess the theme of our lesson. Look at the screen attentively.
You see a QR-code, which can help us to guess the theme of our lesson. Take your smart phones and try to decode it.
So, can you say the theme of our lesson? (children predict the theme of the lesson)
Good! You are right! The theme of our lesson is THE OLYMPIC GAMES.
Now we will do an exercise. It will show us what do you know about the Olympics. Take the forms in front of you. Read carefully the questions, and if you know the answer, put "+" in front of the question in the first column.
Who has answered all questions? Put up your hands.
And who has answered 1 or 2 questions?
If we know the theme of our lesson what will be the goal of our lesson? (student state the aim of the lesson “to expand knowledge about the Olympic Games”)
Работа по теме урока
Активизация навыка устной речи
Let’s speak about your attitude towards the sport. Do you like sports? What kinds of sports do you prefer? Winter or summer?
And what winter kinds of sports do you know? Please, name them. This slide helps you. And what summer kinds of sports can you name? (students do exercise from learningapps.org)
And the next task for you will be the following: You should match photo of a sportsman with the name of the sport . (students do exercise from learningapps.org)
Well, you are right.
Активизация навыков аудирования
- Now I offer you to watch a short video about the history of the Olympic games and then do an exercise. (students watch video http://watchmojo.com/video/id/7849/#social)
The History of the Olympic Games
The Olympic Games date back to the eighth century BC, being held in Olympia, Greece until roughly 5 AD. Instead of being an international competition, challengers from various city-states in Greece would battle in sporting and chariot racing events. Combining sport, and sacrificial rituals, the games were of great religious significance. They eventually fell out of favor when the power of the Romans increased in Greece and Christianity was imposed.
It was in the late nineteenth century that historian Baron Pierre de Coubertin had the idea to re-stage a global sporting event, and it was in 1894 that the International Olympic Committee, or IOC, was born. It was at this point it was decided the games should rotate from country to country, thus engaging the whole world. It was an important stipulation at that time that all participating athletes be amateur, and not professional, athletes – a rule that has since been changed.
Athens, Greece was chosen as the first host city of the modern Olympic Games for the summer of 1896. Only fourteen countries participated, and competition was for male athletes only. These Games included such sports as cycling, fencing, gymnastics, shooting, swimming, tennis, weightlifting, and wrestling. Rowing events were canceled due to weather problems. Despite this and other obstacles, the games were touted as a success, and Paris, France was chosen as the host city for 1900.
In 1924, the first Winter Olympics were held in Chamonix, France to showcase snow and ice sports, such as figure skating and ice hockey.
Originally, the Summer and Winter Olympics were held in the same year, every four years. This was changed as of 1994, when they were switched to alternating, even-numbered years, and thus there is now an Olympic competition every two years.
The 1916 Summer Games were canceled because of the first World War, and neither the Summer nor the Winter Games were held between 1936 and 1948 because of World War II.
The games have evolved significantly since the days of Ancient Greece, but even today the Olympics are an exciting event for all to behold.
Ok. You’ve watched the video and now say whether these sentences are true or false:
The Olympic Games held in Olympia, Greece. (true/false)
Pierre de Coubertin is considered to be the “father” of modern Olympic games. (true/false)
The International Olympic Committee was founded in 1994. (true/false)
Nowadays the Olympic competitions are held every 2 years. (true/false)
The 1916 Summer Games were canceled because of the first World War. (true/false)
Развитие навыка устной речи, логического мышления
- So, in order to broaden our knowledge of the Olympics I offer you to play the game “Who wants to be a millionaire?” (students answer questions from presentation)
Развитие лексико-грамматических навыков
- Let’s do grammar exercise which helps you to know some facts about Olympic Games. Put the verbs in the brackets into the correct form.
1. The first Olympic Games were (HOLD) ______ in Greece.
2. The sportsmen (COME) _______ from different parts of Greece.
3. The modern Olympic Games (BEGIN)_____ in 1896.
4. The last Winter Olympic Games (BE) _______ in Sochi in 2014.
5. The future Summer Olympic Games (BE) _______ in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.
6. Every four years the sportsmen of different countries _____(TAKE PART) in Olympic competitions.
7. Every Olympic games ______(HAVE) their own mascots.
At the beginning of our lesson you couldn’t answer some of my questions. And now let’s check if our lesson helped you to get new knowledge. Take your forms with questions and mark the ones which you can answer now. Who could answer all questions? And what was the aim of our lesson? Do you consider what we achieved the aim? Should a citizen of our country to have the information about the Olympic Games? Where it can be useful?
We are citizens of Russia! We must be proud of our country and our heroes (The 22d OG were held in Russia and we are proud of our sportsmen who won 13 gold medals, 11 silver, 9 bronze and the total is 33 medals.)
Olympic Games Quiz
1. How often are the Olympic Games held?
Every two years
Every four years
2. How many rings are there in the Olympic Games symbol?
3. What do they represent?
Countries of the world
Continents of the world
Cities of the world
4. When will the next Summer Olympics be held?
5. Where will the next Winter Olympics be held?
6. Where were the first modern Olympics played?
7. Who was the ‘inventor’ of the modern Olympic Games?
Pierre de Coubertin
Juan Antonio Samaranch
8. What do the sportsmen who come first, second and third win in the Olympics?
9. Where are The International Olympic Committee based?
10. How many people play in a Water Polo team?
Номер материала: ДБ-222451
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: