Контрольная работа. Модуль 4. 8 класс
Form. Test № 4 “Be yourself”.
1. Translate into English:
1. льняной, 2. шелковый, 3. неряшливый, 4. внешний вид, 5.застенчивый, 6.бархатное платье, 7.повседневные туфли, 8.фантастическая фигура, 9. любимый дизайнер, 10.спортивный стиль.
2. Translate into Russian:
1. All over the world, teenagers express themselves with their clothes, hairstyles and make-up.
2. The style is like a language because it can tell much about the person who wears this or that costume.
3. Pay attention to quality and fabric!
4. Jane asked a famous designer to make her an elegant grey dress.
5. These jeans are big. Can I have them in a smaller size, please?
6. The way we dress also depends on our taste, on the season and the proper occasion.
7. France was the leader in producing the fashion laws.
8. Robert has lost a lot of weight since he started exercising.
9. A new jewelry collection will be designed by Christian Dior.
10. If you walk with confidence even your knitted sweater can look trendy.
3. Choose the correct word (idioms related to the body).
1. Nancy wanted to go away for the weekend, but her father put his…down. a) hand, b) toe, c) foot
2. Kevin is sitting an exam this morning, so keep your … crossed.
a) arms, b) fingers, c) legs
3. Are you serious or are you just pulling my…?
a) foot, b) leg,3) toe
4. I want to curl my hair. Can you give me a…?
a) hand, b) leg, c) toe
5. The first fifteen minutes of the film made my…stand on end!
a) hair, b) head, c) ears
4. Read the text and mark the statements below as T (true), F (false) or DS (does not say).Correct the false statements.
Fashion is fun, but fashion is also an important part of people’s lives. People often use fashion to say something about how they think or feel about life. How a person dresses often defines who a person is.
Music changed fashion in the 60s more than any other decade. In the early 60s, people dressed in trendy clothes. Men used to wear short-sleeved shirts and loose trousers; women, A-line dresses. With The Beatles came collarless jackets and tight trousers. Then hippies wore bell-bottom trousers (trousers which are very wide at the bottom), bright colors and headbands.
One word sums up music and fashion in the 1970s: ABBA. They were famous for their music and their very colorful outfits. Girls wore mini-skirts and boots. For the men, it was tight tops and bell-bottoms. Platforms shoes became very popular. Disco fans used to wear three-piece suits and shirts with long collars.
In the 19805, glamorous musicians like David Bowie and Duran Duran inspired fashion designers. Men used to wear frilly shirts, velvet jackets with gold buttons and baggy trousers. Women used to wear leggings, long, thick socks called leg warmers, sweatshirts and ripped jeans.
In the1960s, men copied the Beatles’ hairstyle.
Headbands were popular in the 1960s.
Women wore mini-skirts in the 1970s.
In the1970s, clothes were not plain.
Ripped jeans were fashionable in the 1970s.
In the 1980s, men used to wear thick socks.
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: