I . Make word combinations with the given words
1) parliamentary _____________
2) to dissolve _____________
3) power-loving _____________
4) to guarantee _____________
II Match the numbers with the letters.
1) Legislative branch - a. determines government policy
2) Executive branch - b. forms the Shadow Cabinet
3) Judicial branch - c. makes laws or delays bills
4)Opposition - d. can declare laws unconstitutional
III Choose the correct variant.
1) In Russia …. represents the legislative branch. a) the Supreme Court b) the Federal Assembly c) the Federal Government
2) In Great Britain ….. represents the legislative branch. a) the House of Commons b) Parliament c) the Cabinet
3)The Russian Federation … of twenty-one national republics, six territories, 49 administrative regions and ten autonomous areas. a) is governed b) is elected c) is made up
4)The Prime Minister usually takes policy decisions with the agreement of the a)Cabinet b) Queen c) Parliament
IV Form a word that fits in a blank space from the word in capitals. Fill in each gap with the new word.
George Washington was born in the family of a Virginian planter. He was a brave young man and when he was twenty three, he (1) ________MAKE
colonel of all Virginia’s forces. After 1770 getting (2)________ DEPEND
from Britain became the major problem in the American colonies. When the war for freedom began, Washington (3) _______________ APPOINT commander-in-chief of all the (4) _________________ COLONY forces. Washington clearly understood the difficulty of (5) _______FIGHT a powerful enemy with a badly equipped and poorly (6)__________ TRAIN army. Washington (7) __________FACE great difficulties in his efforts to establish strict discipline. He insisted that it was (8) _____________ NECESSITY to explain every soldier the importance of the cause they were fighting for. Washington’s fidelity to the Revolution inspired others, and by 1781 he (9)________MANAGE to build up a strong army, which won a victory in the war. On April 6,1789, G.Washington (10) ____________ELECT President of the USA and served 2 terms. G. Washington died in 1799. In honour of the first president the newly-built capital of the country (11)_______ NAME Washington.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|