Form compound adjectives using the words below
Three, blue, well, deep, good
1. Sam is a very …looking man.
2. I had a nightmare about a … headed monster.
3. My nephew is a cute little … -eyed boy.
4. The Kraken was a … - sea monster from Norwegian legend.
5. Nessie is a … - known monster from Scotland.
Put the verbs in brackets into the correct future tense: future simple, future perfect, future continuous, future perfect continuous.
1. The film …. (start) by the time you arrive.
2. I cant go out on Saturday or Sunday night. I …. (study) all weekend.
3. He …. (drink) three litres of water by the end of the day.
4 What …. (you/tell)him about the printer?
5. She …. (play)football for three years in June.
Complete the sentences with the correct comparative/superlative form of the adjectives/adverbs in brackets.
1. She came …. (late) than we expected.
2. That was …. (bad) film I have ever seen.
3. She works …. (carefully) than others.
4. He is …. (intelligent) of all.
5. My mum is ….. (talented) artist in my family.
Read the text and mark the statements below it as T (true), F (false) or Ns (Not stated)
What is art? In the 1960s a collection of artist made that question even more difficult to answer. They created Pop Art, a style of art that represented everybody’s everyday experiences. Pop artist were fascinated by realistic images from everyday life that everybody saw. One element of life they noticed was that almost all people are consumers who buy and use millions of different things every day. As a result, many Pop artists used images of products from the supermarket or advertisements in their works.
The most famous Pop artist was the American Andy Warhol. Warhol painted products like Campbell’s Soup, Coca Cola bottles and bananas. He also painted other everyday images. For example, his bright portraits of celebrities like Marilyn Monroe, the famous actress, became very fashionable. The British Pop artist Eduardo Paolozzi collected pictures and advertisements from magazines to use in his works. Another well – liked Pop artist was Roy Lichtenstein. Instead of using products or advertisements, most of his works were similar to images in the comic books that children read every day.
Many people in the art world do not accept Pop Art as a real art from. They can’t see why a dull painting of an ordinary can of soup should be part of an art exhibition. However, many original Pop Art works have sold for millions of dollars. Many works have also appeared on music album covers. All in all, the most important result of Pop Art is that is has created a new artistic way of looking at the everyday world.
1. Pop artists were interested in people’s everyday experiences. ……….
2. Pop art was only in America. ………..
3. All Pop artists used images of products in their works. ………
4. Palozzi was only famous in Britain. ……..
5. Marilyn Monroe was a Pop artist who painted celebrities. ……..
6. Pop Art hasn’t been very popular with some people. ……….
7. Some Pop artists never sold their works. ………
Номер материала: ДВ-246619
Вам будут интересны эти курсы:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|