Контрольная работа за первое полугодие 8 класс. ( Кауфман)
№1 Listening (аудио к учебнику unit 3 урок 10)
Listen to the text and write True or False.
In early times people could understand each other because they lived together.
People decided to build a big palace.
They wanted to be happy.
People didn’t forget about God.
God punished people.
He gave them the English language to speak.
After that people finished the tower.
The English Language.
Прочитайте текст. Установите соответствие между заголовками A-F и пронумерованными абзацами текста1-5. Используйте каждую букву только один раз. В задании есть один лишний заголовок.
B. How many words are there in English?
C. What’s the longest word in English?
D. What language do the most tourists use in Russia?
E. How many people speak English?
F. Why do people learn English?
1. English is the main language in 30 countries, and there about 350 million people who speak it as their first language. It is also used as an official language in more than 70 other countries such as India, Pakistan, Malaysia, and is the second language for about 350 million people. One in two Europeans can speak English quite well and can have a proper conversation. All in all, there are about 1 billion people who can’t speak English, but they are learning it!
2. It’s the top language for travel and tourism, and is used in business and science. At the moment.80 per cent of the world’s Internet sites are in English, but this will fall when more countries start their own language. Today English is a truly global language, because it belongs to everyone.
3. There are 300000 entries in the Oxford English Dictionary. However, there are many scientific and technical words that are not in dictionary, for example, the types of insects and flowers. An educated English speaker only uses about 30000 words. International communication has also created specialized English of different professions. New words are added to the language when they are needed.
4. According to the Oxford English Dictionary, it is the name for a lung disease caused by breathing in dangerous dust and is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis. Of course we don’t use it in ordinary life.
5. The letter ‘e’ is used more than any other. Ernest Wright was very interested in this fact, and wanted to see if it is possible to communicate without using this letter at all. He wasn’t able to write very much. He wrote a 200-page novel, but it was not a great success.
1. My friend … on the project for two weeks.
a) has been working b) worked c) has worked
2. Tom has been building his house… two years.
a) since b) in c) for
3.The people… lived in the village get up early.
a) which b) who c) where
4.The film…. I saw yesterday was interesting.
a) whose b) which c) when
5. She got a very bad mark, because she has made a lot of …
a) money b) mistakes c) friends
6. I never get … early on weekends.
a) over b) back c) up
7. How are you getting …. ?
a) through b) over c) on
8. The … is the head of Britain.
a) Prime Minister b) president c) Queen
9. She … to visit her grandmother next week.
a) was able b) will be able c) is able
10. He … finish his homework yesterday.
a) can b) could c) will be able to
11. You …. do a lot of things with computers.
a) can b) could c) will be able to
12. Children ….. the computer ….. granted.
a) make…. for b) take …. in c) take …. for
13. Mobile phones are means of ……. nowadays.
a) transport b) writing c) communication
14. He ….. able to run fast.
a) is b) am c) are
15. …. English don’t speak any other foreign languages.
a) - b) the c) a
Номер материала: ДВ-434786
Вам будут интересны эти курсы:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|