I. Fill in: wardrobe, recognise, spare room, prime-minister, porch, neighbourhood.
Is your new ______ very crowded and noisy?
Don’t leave your clothes all over the room. Hang them in the _______.
Jenny would like a house with a _______ where she would work.
What is the number of your _____ in the block of flats?
It was difficult to____ him, he looked sick and tired.
The _____ has his own study where he works and reads.
II. Fill in the correct for of the verbs (-ing form, to-infinitive or infinitive without to)
1. Our teacher makes us ... (do) our homework.
2. I never liked ____(go) to church when I was a child.
3. Tom wants ... (finish) work early today.
4. David always enjoyed _____ (play) football at school.
5. I stopped _____(read) my book and went to bed.
6. She didn’t let me ... (enter) the room.
III. March the words on the left and on the right.
forgetful A. pitch
spacious B. shop
football C. gym
corner D. anniversary
5. wedding E. grandpa
IV. Write true sentences about place you live in.
I live in … There are … and … There aren’t any … There is a … where I … My neighbourhood is …There’s a … in front of my house. There’s a … to the left/ right. I really like the place I live in.
V. Choose the correct form of the verb.
My colleague … English since 2009.
1. has been learning 3. had been learning
2. is learning 4. was learning