Контрольная работа в 11 классе по 3 модулю «Responsibility»
Выберите только один правильный ответ:
1. The cold coach watched his team … football.
a) play b) playing c) to play
2. I prefer … detective stories.
a) read b) reading c) to read
3. Would you like something …?
a) drink b) drinking c) to drink
4. Peace activist Baroness Bertha von Suttner encouraged Alfred Nobel ... a prize for peace. a) establish b) to establish c) establishing d)to be established
5. The police officer made Neil get out of the car and demanded … his driver ‘silence.
a) see b) seeing c) to see d) to be seen
6. In the time of Peter the Great the noblemen were not allowed … beards.
a) have b) to have c) having d) having had
7. They wouldn't let ... the country without the entry visa, would they?
a) him to enter b) he enters c) him enter d) him entering
8. The … had knife so she gave him her bag.
a) smugger b)mugger c) thief d) arsonist
9. Department stores lose millions from … .
a) pickpocketing b) blackmailing c) shoplifting d) murder
10. When you travel on public transport, always keep your bag carefully closed in case.
a) hijackers b) pickpockets c) robbers d) muggers
11. Eventually they manage to reach a (an) … .
a) plea b) verdict c) sentence d) objection
12. The judge gave him a suspended … .
a) punishment b) sentence c) verdict d) probation
13. It was decided that Timothy was innocent and he was
a) arrested b) accused c) indicted d) acquitted
14. The judge agreed to … her on bail.
a) acquit b) release c) leave d) take
15. The … found Jones guilty.
a) judges b) jury c) police d) inspector
16.At first Jenny enjoyed … (listen) to Steven but after a while she got tired of … (hear) the same story.
17. Polly can’t (go) to the cinema today.
18. She’s busy … (study) for her exam, which is next week, but she’s decided … (take) a break and … (phone) Megan.
19. I tried … (listen) carefully and in order (not/show) how I was embarrassed, I did my best … (keep) the conversation … (go) on one topic and another.
20. My parents let me (stay) at Molly’s house last weekend.
Переведите предложения. Выпишите только перевод:
21. The buyers want to know our terms of payment.
22 . This is for you to decide.
23 . The plan of our work will be discussed at the meeting to be held on May 25.
24 . To walk in the garden was a pleasure.
25 . Jane remembered to have been told a lot about Mr. Smith.
26 . I felt him put his hand on my shoulder.
All these languages come from word combinations that describe certainlocal variants of English. They developed as a means of communicationbetween two or more language groups that do not share a common language.Although the names of these languages look similar, they are actually quitedifferent. Some genuinely mix the languages, some alter between Englishand the other language, some are local dialects of English used by English
speakers themselves, and some are just non-native pronunciations of English.As a term for describing the Russian-English pidgin language, "Runglish"was popularised in the year 2000 when it was used as the language aboardthe International Space Station. Although less widespread than othervariants, Runglish is spoken in a number of English-Russian communities,most notably the Russian-speaking Jewish community of Brighton Beach in
Brooklyn, New York.Arthur C. Clarke's novel 2010: Odyssey Two mentions a similarly namedlanguage, Russlish. The small subplot in Arthur C. Clarke's novel 2010involved the crew of a Russo-American spaceship, who attempted to battletheir boredom with a so-called "Stamp OutRusslish!" campaign. As the storywent, both crews were fully fluent in each other's languages, to the point thatthey found themselves crossing over languages
in mid-conversation, or even simply speakingthe other language even when there was no onepresent who had it as their native tongue.Use of "Russlish" in space has been realised
to some extent on the International Space Station.Cosmonaut Sergei Krikalyov said in October of 2000: "We say jokingly that we communicate in"Runglish", a mixture of Russian and Englishlanguages, so that when we are short of words inone language we can use the other, because allthe crew members speak both languages well."
27. The languages described in the text wereinvented to make English easier for people
from different countries to understand.
28. The languages have different names butthey are very similar.
29.Runglish was invented in space.
30.Runglish is spoken only aboard the InternationalSpace Station.
31. A variant of Runglish was first mentionedin a science fiction book.
32. A pidgin language is a mixture of two ormore languages. Pidgin is usually used
between people who do not speak eachother's languages.
Номер материала: ДВ-507404
Вам будут интересны эти курсы:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|