Ex.1 Use the words from the box and complete the sentences.
1. The epidemic _________ to neighboring countries. 2. Alice now helps in a local school as a ________ three days a week. 3. Mrs Thomas Bell said Robin had been a _________ at school. On the contrary, he was well-behaved and quiet. 4. The book was ____ to her mother. 5. The government will _______ temporary accommodation for these people. 6. I don`t think I can allow you to watch the film. It`s for ______ only. 7. I`m sick of wearing my sisters` clothes. 8. Gerald was a(n) ____ patient and always followed the doctors` advice. 9. Alex _____the streets looking for a job. 10. Florence is a(n) ________ gossip. She easily spreads rumours about people.
Ex.2 Use the prepositions from the box and complete the sentences.
1. Laura cast a glance _____ her wedding ring. 2. Smoktunovsky was cast ___ Hamlet in G. Kozintsev`s black-and-white film.. 3. John is notorious ___ his wild behavior. 4. I demand absolute obedience ____ School Rules. 5. Last year he tramped ___ Scotland.
Ex.3 Read the text and complete it with the phrases below.
a) 16-year-old girl
b) 66% of British people
c) until you are 18
d) are too immature to vote
e) ridiculous it was that there was a time
Ex.4 Present Perfect/Past Prefect
1. Why … you … my breakfast before I came back? Were you so hungry?
2. When John made up his mind to sign up for English course, Tom …already … it.
3. We … not … to any foreign country yet but in the foreseeable future we intend to go abroad and take a trip.
4. She …a member of our organization for more than 10 years.
5. You are the most beautiful woman I … even …. Why are you single then?
Номер материала: ДA-023786
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: