10th grade Unit 1 Test
I. a) Make word combinations, then b) write down three sentences with any of them.
II. Find the odd word and write it out.
shirt, trousers, shoes, uniform, socks, jacket, trainers.
Study smth new, get ready for the future, meet new people, test intelligence, pay for classes.
trainers, boots, sandals, T-shirt, shoes, socks.
trendy, modern, up-to-date, fashionable, proud.
Uniform, assignment, schedule, lesson, fashion show, teacher.
Keep fit, have fun, get bored, play in a team, get the best results, develop balance.
III. Fill in the blanks with the missing words.
1. You have to pay for your education at a ………school .
2. At universities bright students get a ………… .
3. Being away from home, I am always………….. .
4. ………………. subjects must be studied by all students.
5. A school year in high school in Russia is divided into two ……….. .
6. A ……………… studies and lives at school.
7. New subjects on the timetable made me feel ……….. . .
IV. Use the correct verb form
1) When I ... ... I experience tiredness and get very emotional. (stress)
2) A new uniform ... ... ... to the students in a month. (present)
3) In Ancient Greece boys ... ... to read, write, play the lire and pipes, and to sing. (teach)
4) Tennis matches ... ... in the sport center. (hold)
5) Parents wish Tina ... a dentist, but she follows her own dream. (be)
6) We wish we ... films in the English lessons. (watch)
7) She said she ... just ... from a private middle school to a public high one. (move)
8) They said she ... a boader and ... so homesick and lonely then. (be, feel)
9) She asked me if I ... long dresses or skirts. (wear)
10) Despite (несмотря) of the situation his face is still because he... ... his emotions. (suppress)
11) The teacher warned us ... ... ready for the test. (get)
12) I ... ... some new friends this year and I'm happy about it . (make)
V. Direct speech into indirect.
He said, “My Granny walked 5 km to her scool”.
The teacher advised to the students, “Take part in the British Bulldog competition”.
The instructor warned, “Do not use the equipment”.
He asked me,”Have you done the test well?”
She told us, “I am revising for my exams and feel so stressed”
VI. Active voice into passive voice.
He gave his report card to his parents.
Mike will back Ann's idea about the report.
He is writing a test at school now.
She suppresses all her feelings.
They have just coped with stress.
VII. Make up questions to the sentences.
1. You have experienced sleep problems. (ever)
2. When I moved to another school, I transformed into the greenest newcomer.
3. The word "modern" means the same as "fashionable".
4. The most of after-school activities are free.
5. Every student gets a scholarship.
6. She has already tried all possible kinds of sports.
Краткое описание документа:
Работа предназначена для проверки лексико-грамматических навыков в конце первой четверти. Работа составлена с учетом учебного материала предоставленного в теме 1 УМК М.З.Биболетовой "Английский с удовольствием" 10 класс. Тест охватывает следующие разделы грамматики: пассивный залог, прямая и косвенная речь, вопросительные предложения, разнообразные времена активного залога.