Контрольная работа Вариант №2 по УМК English IV И.Н. Верещагина, О.В. Афанасьева
Control Test (the 4 th form)
I. Choose the right variant:
1. I have a nice collection__coins. a)at b)of c)-
2. Cartoons are popular__children. a)of b)with c)on
3. Mary ____ shopping every day. a)goes b) is going c)went
4. Do you know the make of his car? a)verb b)noun c)adjective
5. Native Americans believed in____. a)one God b)many Gods c)nature
6. My father bought 2 tickets___Brighton. a)for b)to c)in
7. My sister___knows much is the best pupil. a)who b)which
8. My flat is ____than yours. a)bigger b)the biggest c)big
9. There is_____snow on the ground. a)little b)few c)many
10. I think he always____the truth. a)tells b)says
11. He can_____very well. a)act b)actor c)action
12. It was a great______. a)discovery b)discoverer c)discover
13. Columbus was born in_______. a)France b)America c)Italy
14. May I go for a walk? _____. It`s too late. a)Yes, you may. b)No, you mustn`t.
15. I____ to Moscow this week. a)have been b)was c)were
16. He_____in France three days ago. a)have been b)was c)is
17. On this day people give cards with hearts to their friends. a)April Fool`s Day b)St.Valentaine`s Day
18. The capital of the USA is ____. a)New York b)Washington D.C. c)America
19. The highest building in Washington D.C. is a)the White House b)the Pentagon c)the Capitol
20. Did George Washington live in the White House? a)Yes, he did. b)No, he didn`t.
II Reading Comprehension
Words: a yacht – яхта whales - киты
a life-raft – спасательная шлюпка to hit – бить, толкать
to sink(sank, sunk)-тонуть surface - поверхность
sharks – акулы to pick up – подбирать, собирать
raw - сырой
Bill and Susan Butler from Miami spent sixty-six days in a life-raft in the seas of Central America after their yacht sank.
Twenty-one days after they left Panama in their yacht they met some whales. “They started to hit one side of the boat,”said Bill, “and suddenly we heard water”. Two minutes later, the yacht was sinking. They jumped into the life-raft and watched the boat go under the water.
For twenty days they had biscuits and bottles of water. They also had a fishing line and a machine to make salt water into drinking water-two things that helped them to live there. They caught eight to ten fish a day and ate them raw. Then the line broke. “So we had no more fish until something very strange happened. Some sharks came to feed, and the fish under the raft were afraid and came to the surface. I caught them with my hands.”
About twenty ships passed them but no one saw them. After fifty days at sea their life-raft was beginning to break up. Then suddenly it was over. A fishing boat saw them and picked them up. They couldn`t stand up and the boat took them to Costa Rica. Their two months at sea was over.
Choose the right variant:
The Butlers were from ...
They spent 66 days in the seas of...
Twenty-one days after sailing they met some...
They started to...
jump out of the water.
hit the boat.
catch the fish.
Some minutes later the boat...
went under the water.
was in the water.
For .... days they had biscuits and bottles of water.
Every day they caught some fish and...
ate them raw.
When the sharks came to feed...
the fish came to the surface.
they ate all the fish.
The fish went down into the sea.
... picked them up.
Bill and Susan were taken to...
- Просмотры: 262
- Просмотры: 457
- Просмотры: 226
- Просмотры: 653
- Просмотры: 1930
- Просмотры: 305
- Просмотры: 509