Task I. Vocabulary. . Choose the best word to complete the sentences
1. My brother is so ____________. He leaves his clothes all over his bedroom floor.
2. He never thanked me for my help. He’s so ____________.
3. I’m very ____________. I always want to know things quickly!
4. After the accident she was ____________ for three months.
5. He lost his job because he was ____________
6. He’s very _______. He always gives presents on people’s birthdays.
7 She’s _______. It’s easy for her to talk in front of a lot of people.
8. My dad didn’t think Titanic was a scary film but my mum did. She cried! She is so…
9. He was really _______ in class yesterday. I laughed all morning!
1.0 Don’t be _______. Wait for just a few minutes.
Task II .Grammar.Use Infinitive or Gerund
11. She is interested in ___________________ a dentist. (become)
12. He is saving money ___________________ a new phone. (buy)
13. When I saw my grandma I couldn’t help ___________________ her. (hug)
14. When I’m on a diet I refuse_____________ cakes and biscuits.(eat)
15. I don’t mind__________________ if you’re not ready yet. (wait)
16. Sometimes I can’t stand___________________ to his silly jokes! (listen )
Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
17. Alfie _______ (think) it’s really good idea.
18. _______ you _______ (ever drive) a car?
19. How long _______ you _______ (be) a doctor?
20. While I _______ (wait) I saw Sandy.
21.They _______ (open) a big department store in the town centre next month.
22. We saw the new horror film last night but I _______ (enjoy) it.
23. I _______ (have) three different teachers since I started learning English.
Rewrite the sentences using the Reported Speech
24. Why do tables have legs but can’t work.
25. Why does the teacher always asks us the questions? Does she know anything herself?
She wanted to know…She doubted…
Task III. Reading.
So, you want to be on television? Read about three different ways you can make your dream come true! Who Knows? Have you ever wanted to be on a TV game show? If you think you’ve got good general knowledge and you’re confident enough to appear on TV in front of millions of people, just fill in our application form.
You could be a winner on Channel 7’s new game show Who Knows? There will be twelve weekly shows and the winner of each show will go on to play a final competition to win two million pounds!
Watching You! The producers of the reality show Watching You! are looking for ten new people to live in the famous house for ten weeks. Are you funny and talkative? Are you interested in other people?
Would you like the chance to become a big star? Send your application before 7 November, and you could be invited to the auditions in London and Manchester! Children’s Hour As viewers know, Dani Byers has left Channel 7’s Children’s Hour to make a film in Hollywood. So we need someone to take her place as a presenter on the show. We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic, intelligent and who loves children. Is that you? Apply now and come for a voice test!
Answer the questions.
26. will be shorter than three months? _______
27. can make people very famous? _______
28. only needs one person? _______
29. offers a lot of money? _______
30. wants someone who likes talking? _______
Task I. Vocabulary. Choose the best word to complete the sentences.
1 She was so _______ to give her sister all that money.
2 He’s very _______. Sometimes I get a headache listening to him!
3 Don’t be so _______! It’s not going to rain!
4 He was really _______ in class yesterday. I laughed all morning!
5 Don’t be _______. Wait for just a few minutes.
Complete the sentences with the opposite to the underlined adjective.
6. When you go for a job interview you must be ____________, not shy!
7. He’s usually generous but he can sometimes be quite ____________.
8. Luckily, there are more polite people in the world than ____________ ones!
9. It’s better to be ____________ about the future than pessimistic.
10. She’s very quiet but her sister is really______________
Task II .Grammar.Use Infinitive or Gerund
11. Benjamin enjoys ___________________ to his iPod. (listen)
12. I don’t mind ___________________ the washing up. (do)
1 3. Birthdays are not easy ___________________ . (remember)
14. Adam is really good at ___________________ . (swim)
15. She waited ___________________ a candy bar. (buy)
16. The doctor told his patients ___________________ healthy food. (eat)
Use the correct form of the verb
17. I really enjoy ____________ (watch) sport on television.
18. He spends a lot of time ____________ (work) on his car.
19. They decided ____________ (go) to the USA this summer.
20.I feel like ____________ (go out) for a meal this evening. How about you?
21. I expected ____________ (see) you at the party last night. Where were you?
22. He offered ____________ (drive) me to the station.
23.I finished ____________ (write) the essay at midnight.
24. -Is ink expensive, Dad? Susan asked…
25. - No, it isn’t. What makes you think so?
-Mother seems quite disturbed because I split some on the carpet.
Susan’s father told her…
Then the girl said…
Task III. Reading.
People often ask me how I prepare for a new part and I find this a really difficult question. An actor needs to know a lot about different sorts of people and different types of personalities. Imagine you have to play the part of someone who is ambitious and intolerant. Perhaps you aren’t like this but you must understand how people feel and behave when they are. So, I watch people all the time, especially when I’m preparing for a new part.
For me, when I’m acting the costume is also very important. Clothes are really important to all of us. They tell other people a lot about who we are and who we aren’t. Different clothes can change our behaviour. Think about it. When you put on party clothes, work clothes or sports clothes you change a little. For example, in smart, expensive clothes you look good, you feel good and you are more confident. That’s why costume is important for me when I’m acting. If I put on the clothes of an old, poor homeless woman I feel more like her. The moment I put on the costume I change, and for a short time I am another person.
Choose the best answers.
26. Actors have to
A answer a lot of questions.
B prepare for a long time.
C show their personalities.
D be very ambitious.
27. Kelly watches people a lot because she
A is interested in people.
B wants to learn how different people behave.
C is very patient.
D needs to understand why people are different.
28. The clothes we wear
A are important to us.
B must be attractive.
C show how rich we are.
D tell people different things about us.
29. When we wear different clothes
A we sometimes feel different.
B it can make us nicer people.
C our behaviour always stays the same.
D people notice us more.
30. According to the article
A Kelly often plays an old woman.
B costumes help Kelly play a part.
C Kelly likes pretending to be an old woman.
D Kelly likes choosing costumes.
Краткое описание документа:
Данная контрольная работа по английскому языку (2 варианта) предполагает контроль сформированности лексических и грамматических навыков учащихся 8 класса и соответствие их стандарту образования.Тестовые задания контрольной работы закрытого типа и текст охватывают следующие темы: лексические- "Качества личности","Достопримечательности Америки";
(контроль сформированности навыков чтения. умения выбрать нужную информацию)
грамматические: "Глагол +инфинитив или герундий", "Местоимения", "Косвенная речь"(контроль сформированности грамматических навыков).
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|