Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
CHRISTMAS PARTY CHRISTMAS PARTY
VS. Elves Bells
Describe the pictures using Past Simple 1 Describe the pictures using Present Perfect Santa… Santa… 2
CHRISTMAS IS COMING HOT CROSS BUNS
1. I come with cold and snow. But you like me and know. 2. This is the season when fruit is sweet, This is the season when school-friends meet. 3. This is the season when vegetables grow, I come to the garden and make water flow. 4. Higher than a house, higher than a tree - Oh, what can that be? spring summer autumn winter
5. Until I am measured I am not known, Yet how you miss me When I have flown. 6. An arm points north, east, south, then west. Ever in circles, never pausing to rest. It passes its brother twenty three times, As the sun passes by and the moon starts to climb. 7. Fat and gay, on a winter day, He came here with us to stay. But day by day he grew and thinned, And so we brought his younger brother in. 8. It’s blue by night, By day it’s white. It is cold and not dry, It falls from the sky.
9. Tool of thief, toy of queen. Always used to be unseen. Sign of joy, sign of sorrow. Giving all likeness borrowed. 10. A precious stone, as clear as diamond. Seek it out while the sun’s near the horizon. Though you can walk on water with its power, Try to keep it, and it’ll vanish in an hour.
Christmas in Britain Hello! I’ll tell you how people celebrate Christmas in Britain. Christmas is celebrated on the 25th of December. It is the most popular holiday in Britain. Before Christmas, people are very busy. They buy presents, decorate Christmas tree and send greeting cards. Children write letters to Santa Claus. In the evening Christmas singers, perform Christmas songs or carols in the streets and squares. At Christmas Eve, parents put presents into the stockings as though Santa Claus brings them. People prepare special meal for Christmas dinner. Traditional Christmas dinner consists of roast turkey, Christmas pudding, cookies and pies.
Giving Presents Hi! I’d like to tell you about the tradition of giving presents. Christmas is considered to be a religious holiday. The Christmas story starts about 2000 years ago, when Jesus Christ was born. The Wise Men gave baby Christ many gifts. That is how the tradition to give presents on Christmas appeared. Now, in many countries, children believe in Santa Claus. Santa lives in the North Pole. He brings presents for children on Christmas Eve. Santa puts presents into the stockings. In Russia, children believe in Ded Moroz. Ded Moroz lives in Velikiy Ustug. He brings presents for children on the 31st of December. Ded Moroz puts presents under the New Year tree.
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Краткое описание документа:
Рождественский КВН для 6-го класса
• Познавательный аспект: познакомить учащихся с национальным праздником «Рождество», его традициями и особенностями.
• Воспитательный аспект: воспитывать у учащихся чувство уважения к национальным традициям и праздникам.
• Учебный аспект: практиковать учащихся в устной речи и аудировании.
• Развивающий аспект: формировать положительную мотивацию учения, развивать внимание, воображение, догадку.
1) Познакомить учащихся с традициями Англии и России на примере празднования Нового Года и Рождества.
2) Заинтересовать учащихся в изучении английского языка, как средство для знакомства с традициями англоязычных стран.
3) Активизировать у учащихся творческие способности при подготовке и проведении КВНа.
Оснащение: слайд-презентация, приложение 1, стихи, рождественские открытки и сувениры, приготовленные учащимися.
Оформление кабинета (новогодняя стенгазета, новогоднее убранство класса).
T.: Dear children and guests! Welcome to our Christmas party! On the 25th of December people, celebrate Christmas, one of the most beautiful holidays. Now we are going to speak about Christmas too. Christmas is a holiday, which is loved by children and grown – ups. It is a holiday when people decorate their houses with lights and toys. They have Christmas parties on Christmas Eve. Today we also have a Christmas party. I hope you will enjoy our Christmas party. We have two teams today. Each team should earn points. For each correct answer, team could earn 5 points maximum.
Contest 1. Greeting
T.: There are two teams on our party. Tell us the names of your teams and elect your captains
Contest 2. Warmingup. Part 1.
T.: Well, boys and girls. Your next task is to match the definition with the word. Let’s start with the first team. One player come to the board. Read the definition and find the correct word.
1) a traditional Christmas song
2) a kind of sock which gifts are put in
3) an object used for travel over snow, pulled by animals
4) metal objects which make a noise when hit
5) objects which make a Christmas tree look pretty
6) a model of a person, made of snow, outside in winter
8) a bright light seen in the sky at night
9) the day before Christmas
10) made of wax and string, it burns slowly
g) Christmas Eve
Contest 2.Warming up. Part 2.
T.: Well, kids! Try to describe the pictures. The first team will describe it, using Past Simple. The second team will describe the picture, using Present Perfect. Start, please.
Contest 3. Carols
T.: Now, dear friends, our teams will sing carols to earn points.
Team 1. Hot Cross Buns
Team 2. Christmas is coming
Contest 4. Riddles.
T.: Well, kids. Our next contest is called “Riddles”. So, you should give your answers, one riddle for one team in its turn.
I come with cold and snow.
But you like me and know.
This is the season when fruit is sweet,
This is the season when school-friends meet.
This is the season when vegetables grow,
I come to the garden and make water flow.
Higher than a house, higher than a tree -
Oh, what can that be?
Until I am measured
I am not known,
Yet how you miss me
When I have flown.
An arm points north, east, south, then west.
Ever in circles, never pausing to rest.
It passes its brother twenty three times,
As the sun passes by and the moon starts to climb.
Fat and gay, on a winter day,
He came here with us to stay.
But day by day he grew and thined,
And so we brought his younger brother in.
It’s blue by night,
By day it’s white.
It is cold and not dry,
It falls from the sky.
Tool of thief, toy of queen.
Always used to be unseen.
Sign of joy, sign of sorrow.
Giving all likeness borrowed.
A precious stone, as clear as diamond.
Seek it out whilst the sun’s near the horizon.
Though you can walk on water with its power,
Try to keep it, and it’ll vanish ere an hour.
Contest 5. Pass a stocking.
T.: Another contest is for the whole group. Everybody from the group 1 come here. Make a circle. You should pass a stocking. When music stops, the person who has a stocking should leave a circle. The person who stays got a present.
Слайд 10, 11
Contest 6. Captain’s contest
T.: Now captains could earn points for their teams. Captains, come here. Tell us, please, about Christmas traditions.
Contest 7. Plays.
T.: Well, children! Let’s see the plays.
Team 1. Play “Santa’s missing hat”
Team 2. Play “New Year tree”
Contest 8. Wrap a parcel.
T.: Well, boys and girls. You get a parcel. You should unwrap it and give the parcel to the other player. One player unwraps one layer. The winner is the person who takes the last wrap off.
Contest 9. Christmas dinner
T.: Now, boys and girls. Let’s see what our teams cooked for us.
Contest 10. Song
T.: And our last contest. The teams should sing a Christmas song. Each team should sing one song. Let’s start.
We wish you a Merry Christmas
T.: Well, friends. Let’s count your points. … And the winner is the team…
Let,s all together congratulate our winners! Dear students! Our Christmas party is over. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|