Лексико - грамматический тест 6 класс
1. Read the text and match the headings with the paragraphs.
A. The vitamin to make your bones hard
B. Tastes differ.
C. You can't live without food.
D. Vitamins and the ABC.
Eating is fun, especially when you are hungry. Most people have a favourite food. Some people enjoy eating sweet things like cakes, chocolates and ice cream. Other people enjoy savoury foods like cheese and meet. Enjoying eating is our body's way of making sure that it gets the things it needs to work properly.
Food helps us to keep warm, gives us the energy to walk, talk, run and do all the other things we do. It helps us to grow and stay healthy.
Vitamins also help us to be healthy. Scientists name vitamins after the letters of the alphabet. All of them are very important, for example: vitamin С keeps our skin and gums healthy. It is found in fresh fruit and green vegetables, such as oranges, blackcurrants, lettuce. Brussels sprouts and spinach also contain a lot of vitamin С
Vitamin D helps our bones to grow strong and hard, and we are able to make it for ourselves if our skin gets enough sunlight. But we can also get vitamin D if we eat fish, milk, butter, cheese and margarine. Some people buy pills or tablets containing vitamins. But most of us get more than enough of them from our food.
2. Are the sentences true (T) or false (F)?
When we enjoy eating our body gets everything to work well.
Get vitamins you need to buy pills.
Vitamin С is important for our skin.
4.You can get vitamin D only when eating special food.
2. Words and grammar
1. Use Present Progressive.
1. Where is Mum? - She (to cook).
2. Listen! The girl (to sing) a song.
3. They (to watch) a detective film.
4. What you (to read) at the moment?
5. I (no to write) a letter now.
6. Bob (to sleep) now?
2. Use Present Simple or Present Progressive and open the brackets.
1. They (to play) tennis now.
2. They (to play) tennis every day.
3. Where is Jane? - She (to read) a new book in her room.
4. Sam usually (to read) magazines in the evening.
5. I (to write) a letter to my sister now.
6. I (to write) a letter to my Granny once a month.
3. Put in the missing words
Close sociable humour get on hobby card typical intelligent naughty computer
Thank you very much for your nice Christmas _____. You asked me to write about my family.
Our family is a _____ Russian family: a father, a mother, two children (my little sister and me) and a cat. We are a ______ family and we ____ well each other.
My mum is a Science teacher. She is ______. Her _____ is painting. My dad is a ____ programmer. He is _______. He has a good sense of _____.My little sister Ann is funny and sometimes _____. What is your family like? Have you got any brothers or sisters?
Hope to hear from you soon.
4. Put in prepositions if necessary.
1. What kind ____ music do you like to listen __?
2. Do you speak ___any foreign language?
3. We arrived at the station ____ time.
4. They have arranged to go to the theatre ___ 5 p.m.
5. In Oxford I stayed ___ my friend’s family.
6. It happened ____ April.
7. We are a close family and we get ____ well with each other.
Your friend has a birthday. Write a postcard for him.
Speak about your school and favorite subjects. What subjects don’t you like and why?