Lesson “Amazing animals”
Class 5, course “Spotlight 5”
О. Подоляко, Ю. Ваулина
Время проведения урока: 45 минут
Оборудование урока: интерактивная доска, проектор, CD-ROM “Blockbuster-1”, учебник “ Английский в фокусе 5”, раздаточный материал, картинки с изображением животных, презентация, созданная в программе PowerPoint
Цель урока: развитие коммуникативных умений обучаемых через проектную деятельность
1. Активизировать лексику по темам «Животные» и «Части тела животных»
2. Практиковать в употреблении модального глагола can, глаголов to be, to have и настоящего простого времени.
3. Закрепить изученный материал в проектах
4. Развивать навык работы в команде
5. Воспитывать доброе отношение к животным
1. Good afternoon, dear friends! I’m very glad to see you. Today we have the unusual lesson. There are many guests in our classroom. They want to know how you can speak English.
But before we start let’s do the phonetic exercises. The task is to pronounce Russian proverbs with English pronunciation.
За двумя зайцами погонишься - ни одного не поймаешь
Без труда не вытащишь и рыбку из пруда
Каждая лягушка своё болото хвалит
Цыплят по осени считают
Соловья баснями не кормят
What is common in all these proverbs? (All of them are about animals)
So, what is the topic of our lesson? (Amazing animals)
2. Look at the screen. The aims of our lesson
To revise vocabulary of different topics such as: animals, parts of the body and so on.
To use the modal verb CAN, the verb TO BE and the Present Simple Tense.
To practice in English
To make a project
There are 3 teams in our class, each team has a team-leader, so we will compete during the lesson and who will get more points will be a winner. OK? Let’s start.
3. What can we do in English? We can name animals, describe animals and parts of their body, write a fact file about an animal and sing songs. And at the end of the lesson we’ll make the project “Amazing Animals’ album”
4. Answer the questions. (Pictures of the animals)
What is it? Where does it live?
What has it got? What does it like to eat?
5. Guess. What animals can we describe with these words?
To purr, to mew, to scratch, etc.
6. A picture of a tiger. Is it a cat? What is it? Is it a wild animal or a farm one?
7. A picture of a pig. Is it a cat? What is it? Is it a wild animal or a farm one? Does it live in the jungle or on a farm?
8. A picture of a cat. What colour is it? Is it fluffy?
9. Guess. What animals can we describe with these words?
To lick, to growl, to bark, to bite, etc.
10. Is it a dog? A picture of a wolf.
11. A picture of a dog. Who has got a cat or a dog at home? Can you tell us some words about your pets?
12. Look at the smart board and read the words that can help us to speak about animals (parts of the body)
14. Now let’s repeat the parts of the body after me. I’ve prepared the pictures with an animal. It’s very dangerous. It has a long body and sharp teeth. It lives in the river. Its skin is smooth and green. What is it?
15. Let’s write the parts of the body.
16. Look at the screen and check your answers.
17. It’s time to talk about abilities. And the modal verb CAN will help us. Tell us what they can do and can’t do.
18. Answer the questions.
What is your favourite animal?
What kinds of animals do live in Rostov region?
Where can the animals live?
19. Let’s do the next task. You should revise the names of the animals and put them in the right place. You have 1 minute.
20. Now I see you are tied. Let’s sing a song
Where do live all these animals?
22. Brilliant! You are very good singers! Now we start doing more serious work.
Imagine you are an animal. Each team will tell us about it and others will guess what it is.
You have 1 minute to communicate.
23. Now it’s time to make a project “Amazing Animals’ album”. I’ve prepared special sheets of paper and pictures. You should create your own page for “Animals’ album”. Remember! You have only 3 minutes. And then present it to class.
24. Let’s know which team is the winner.
24. The lesson is over. Thank you for your work. See you tomorrow.