Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
The theme of the lesson: London
The aim of the lesson: Educational: To give main information about London, its history, transport and sights. II. Development: To improve pupil’s skills in monologue, skills of listening comprehension and skills in reading. To develop pupils’ love and pride to their capital. Bringing up: To teach pupils to love their Motherland and respect the culture and traditions of other countries. II. Development: To improve pupils’ skills in monologue, skills of listening comprehension and skills in reading; To develop pupils’ love and pride to their capital. III. Bringing up: To teach pupils to love their Motherland and respect the culture and traditions of other countries.
British Museum Oxford Street Tower of London Natural History Museum Khan Shatyry Akh Orda Central Concert Hall Big-Ben London Bridge Baiterek Hyde Park The London eye Oxford Street
2. What is the territory of London? 1. Where is London situated? Answer the questions:
3. How many people do live in London? 4. How many parts are there in London?
5. What is the poorest part of London? 6. What place is the official home of the Queen?
What is the oldest part of London? 8. What was the first name of London?
In what part of London do rich people live? 10.What’s the capital of Kazakhstan?
11. Where is Astana situated? 12. When was founded Astana?
13. What is the symbol of Astana? 14. What was called Astana until 1998?
15. What is the population of Astana?
a. It is the place where British kings and queens live. Important visitors often go to this place to meet the Royal family. b. It is more than nine hundred years old. It is one of the most famous and beautiful churches in London. This church has two tall towers. In 1952 Queen Elizabeth was crowned there. c. It is one of the most famous clocks in the world. Its tower is the symbol of London and Britain. d. It is the largest and richest museum in the world. It was founded in 1753. It has mountains of books. 1 1 2 3 4
Speak about these sights
The Central Concert Hall
Tell about our capital using these expressions: to be situated to be famous for to attract to impress to like
. 1. The houses of Parliament is 2. Baiterek 3. Big-Ben is 4. Buckinham Palace 5. Astana is 6. Duman Entertainment centre has 7. The tower of London 8. Akh Orda a) the second coldest capital in the world. b) a big aquarium with over 2000 sea animals. c) the building which British Parliament sits. d) is a Tower, Astana’s most famous landmark. e) one of the famous clocks in the world, symbol of London. f) is the official residence of the Queen. g) is the official workplace of the President of Kazakhstan h) is a very old building, now it is a museum. Match the sentences.
coach - plague - crooked - single-decker bus - double-decker bus - straight - spread - queue - алыс жолға бара- тын автобус оба қисық бір қабатты автовус екі қабатты автовус тура таралу кезек Read the words after the teacher and try to remember them
Are these statements true or false?
In August 1665 London caught a fire. 2. The fire started in a house on London Bridge. 3. The streets were wide and straight 4. The fire spread slowly. 5. The fire burned from August 2nd to September 6th. 6. It destroyed 80% of wooden houses. 7. 75,000 Londoners died on fire. 8. New wooden houses were made. F F F F F F F 9. The Monument to the Great Fire of London was erected. T T
Answer the questions.
1. Why did the fire spread quickly? 2. Where did the fire start? 3. Why wasn’t there another fire after 1666? 4. What happened after the fire?
1665 75000 from 2nd to 6th no one 2nd 1666 17th 80% What are the following numbers refer to?
If it has two floors it’s called a double-decker and you can get a good view from the top. If it has only one floor it’s called a single- decker. Buses have a two person crew it’s a driver who drives, of course, and the conductor (or the conductress if it’s a woman) who takes your money. Keep your ticket as the inspector might want to check it. You catch a bus waiting at a bus stop. A double-decker bus has an upstairs (top) and a downstairs a single-decker a double-decker (inside).
For longer distances take a long distance bus called a coach which is slower but cheaper. The use of the word “inside” for the lower deck dates from the early days when the top deck was open, so that only passengers on the lower deck were inside. People queue for buses in Britain. But you shouldn’t jump the queue: people don’t like it. Only a limited number is allowed to stand inside. And no one may stand on top. Smoking in allowed on top but you cannot smoke inside. a coach
a. conductor and conductress, b. inspector and bus driver, c. single-decker and double- decker, d. bus and coach. What is the difrence between ....
Complete the dialogue. -Would you like to travel by ..................? -Yes, I think you can see a lot from ................... of it. -Can you travel by double-deckers only in ...........? - Red double-decker buses are a typical picture in London but two-level buses run in many towns of......... . a double-decker bus the top level London the UK
1. How many parts is London divided into? a) two parts; b) four parts; c) three parts 2. Who is the official head of the UK? a) the President; b) the Houses of Parliament; c) the Queen 3. What place is the official home of the Queen? a) the Tower; b)Buckingham Palace; c) St. Paul's Cathedral Decide which is correct: a, b, or c.
4. What is the capital of England? a) Astana b) London c) Cardiff d) Belfast 5. How many people live in London? a) 8 million b) 6 million c) a million d) 4 million 6. When did the great fire of London break out? a) 1066 b) 1766 c) 1106 d) 1666 7. What is the heart of London? a) the City b) Westminster c) the West End d) the East End
Home task: ex.12. To compare the system of public transport in London and Astana. London Astana Things in common
East or west, home is best.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|