Материалы контроля по теме «Прямая и косвенная речь. Согласование времен».
1. Выберите правильный вариант.
1. Mary says: “I am fond of swimming”.
Mary says that she______fond of swimming.
a) was c) has been
b) is d) were
2. I said: “I do not have time to play the piano”.
I______her that I______time to play the piano.
a) told, have no c) told, did not have
b) tells, did not have d) told to, had not have
3. He answered: “She went very early yesterday”.
He answered that she______very early the previous day.
a) had gone c) was going
b) would go d) went
4. Sarah says: “I am going to leave for London next week”.
Sarah tells me that she______to leave for London next week.
a) is going c) were going
b) has gone d) was going
5. I replied: “I will phone her in two days”.
I replied that I _____ her in two days.
a) will phone c) will have phoned
b) would phone d) phoned
6. Mary said: “Paris is beautiful in spring”.
Mary said that Paris______beautiful in spring.
a) is c) was
b) has been d) were
7. The teacher said: “Jane, make a report on the Civil War”.
The teacher______a report on the Civil War.
a) told Jane to make c) had told Jane to make
b) would tell Jane to make d) was telling Jane to make
8. Jane said to me: “Don`t worry about my health”.
Jane______worry about her health.
a) would ask me not to c) had asked me not to
b) asked me not to d) was asking me not to
9. I said: “I will not have much time tomorrow”.
I said that I______ much time the following day.
a) will not have c) had not had
b) would not have d) did not have
10. Mary answered: “I woke up early in the morning when I was young”.
Mary answered that she______ early in the morning when she was young.
a) had waken up c) would wake up
b) woke up d) used
11. Jane said: “Stay calm!”
Jane told me______calm.
a) to stay c) would stay
b) had stayed d) staying
12. I am surprised to see you. Your mother said: “He is ill”.
I am surprised to see you. Your mother said you____ ill.
a) were c) has been
b) are d) had been
13. She said: “Mary cannot get into her flat because she lost her key”.
She said that Mary______into her flat because she______her key.
a) cannot get, lost c) couldn't get, had lost
b) couldn't get, has lost d) can't get, was losing
14. Jane says: “I am having a metting tomorrow”.
Jane tells me that she ______a meeting tomorrow.
a) had had c) would have been
b) was having d) is having
15. Mary said: “Writing a test makes me nervous”.
Mary told me that writing a test______her nervous.
a) is making c) will make
b) made d) make
16. He said: “I have been living in America for two years”.
He said that he______in America for two years.
a) lived c) had been living
b) had lived d) lives
17. They said: “We will leave when Mary comes”.
They said that we______when Mary ___.
a) would leave, came c) will leave, came
b) would leave, comes d) would leave, had come
18. Jane said: “Africa is nicer than America”.
Jane told me that Africa______than America.
a) was nicer c) is being nicer
b) has been nicer d) is nicer
19. I said: “I can’t come to the party at ten, but I will arrive as soon as possible”.
I told everyone that I________to the party at ten, but______as soon as possible.
a) can't come, would arrive c) couldn't come, arrive
b) couldn't come, would arrive d) can't come, will arrive
20. "How are your parents?" she asked. “They are very well”, I answered.
"How are your parents?" she asked. I answered that they ______ very well.
a) are c) have been
b) were d) were being
2. Подберите к предложениям правильный перевод.
21. Mary told me that she had seen Helen in the park.
a) Мэри сообщила мне, что она встретится с Хелен в парке.
b) Мэри сообщила мне, что она встречается с Хелен в парке.
c) Мэри сообщила мне, что она встретилась с Хелен в парке.
22. He said his car had been repaired a few days before.
a) Он сказал, что его машина была отремонтирована несколько дней назад.
b) Он сказал, что его машину отремонтируют через несколько дней.
c) Он сказал, что его машину ремонтируют несколько дней.
23. She answered that she was getting married the following month.
a) Она ответила, что вышла замуж в прошлом месяце.
b) Она ответила, что выходит замуж в следующем месяце.
c) Она ответила, что собирается замуж через два месяца.
1. Выберите правильный вариант.
1. “I have been driving my car since my farther gave it to me!”Ellie exclaimed.
Ellie exclaimed that she______that car since her farther gave it to her.
a) would drive c) drove
b) had been driving d) was driving
2. Sarah said: “We will wait for a call or a telegram tomorrow”.
Sarah said that that they______for a call or a telegram the following day.
a) waited c) would wait
b) were waiting d) had been waiting
3. Norma said: “My friends are travelling by train at that moment”.
Norma said that her friends ______ by train at that moment.
a) had travelled c) travelled
b) had been travelling d) were travelling
4. She said: “I cannot go in the water because I have not brought my swimming suit”.
She said she couldn't go in the water because she______ her swimming suit.
a) had not brought c) hasn't brought
b) didn't bring d) will not bring
5. “Will you go to the station by car tomorrow?” she asked.
She asked if I ______to the station by car the following day.
a) went c) was going
b) had gone d) would go
6. “Do your homework better if you want to get a good mark”, the teacher advised.
The teacher advised me to do my homework better if I ______ to get a good mark.
a) had wanted c) wanted
b) want d) would want
7. “The nearest shop is situated not far from the bus stop,” the woman said.
The woman said that the nearest shop ______ not far from the bus stop.
a) is situated c) was situated
b) had been situated d) would be situated
8. The girls said: “We went to the South last year”.
The girls said that they ______to the South the previous year.
a) will go c) would go
b) had gone d) will kept
9. She said: “The whole subject is too boring to discuss it today”.
She said that the whole subject ____ too boring to discuss it that day.
a) had been c) would be
b) was d) was being
10. “It will be sunny tomorrow”, the weather forecast informs.
The weather forecast informs that it ______ tomorrow.
a) would be sunny c) was
b) had been d) will be sunny
11. “Have Steven known about the incident before?”she wondered.
She wondered if Stephen ______ about the incident before.
a) had known c) would know
b) knew d) knows
12. “From your room you will have a wonderful view over the sea”, the receptionist said.
The receptionist told us that from our room we______a wonderful view over the sea.
a) will have c) would have
b) were going to have d) were having
13. “I will be happy to meet them next year”, she replied.
She replied that she______happy to meet them the following year.
a) was c) had been
b) would be d) will be
14. “The meeting regularly takes place between 7.00 and 9.00”, the manager explained.
The manager explained that the meeting regularly ______ between 7.00 and 9.00.
a) took place b) was taking place
с) had taken place d) would take place
15. “After lunch you will go sightseeing”, the guide reminds.
The guide reminds us that after lunch we_________ sightseeing.
a) will go c) went
b) were going d) would go
16. “The party will be a great fun!” Liz assured me.
Lis assured me that the party______a great fun. But in fact, it wasn't.
a) will be c) have been
b) would be d) will have been
17. “Are the children playing in the garden now?” he asked.
He asked me if the children ______in the garden then.
a) played c) were playing
b) had played d) had been playing
18. “What time did each of you see Mr. Foster two days ago?” the inspector asked.
The inspector wanted to know what time each of us ______ Mr. Foster two days before.
a) saw c) would see
b) had seen d) had been seeing
19. During the last year the company's profits steadily increased”, the Managing Director declared.
The Managing Director declared that during the previous year the company's profits steadily. _____ __
a) have been increasing c) had increased
b) would increase d) increased
20. “The café is open from 9 a.m. till 6 p.m”, the hotel owner informed us.
The hotel owner informed us that the café
______from 9 a.m. till 6 p.m.
a) is open c) would be open
b) had been open d) was open
2. Подберите к предложениям правильный перевод.
21. All the students knew they had to revise the material for the examinations.
a) Все студенты знали, что они должны были повторять материал перед экзаменами.
b) Все студенты знали, что они должны повторять материал перед экзаменами.
c) Все студенты знали, что они должны будут повторять материал перед экзаменами.
22. He showed me which exercises he would do on the lesson.
a) Он показал мне, какие упражнения он будет выполнять на уроке.
b) Он показал мне, какие упражнения он выполняет на уроке.
c) Он показал мне, какие упражнения он выполнил на уроке.
23. He knows that Peter is in Kiev now.
a) Он знает, что Петр был в Киеве.
b) Он знает, что Петр сейчас в Киеве.
c) Он знает, что Петр будет в Киеве.
Критерий оценки знаний
«5» - 0-1 неправильных ответов
«4» - 2-8 неправильных ответов
«3» - 9-11 неправильных ответов
«2» - более 11 неправильных ответов
Голицынский Ю.Б.,Голицынская Н.А. Грамматика английского языка. Ключи к упражнениям. М.: Каро, 2007.
Николенко Т. Тесты по грамматике английского языка, М.: Айрис-Пресс, 2009
Краткое описание документа:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|