Theme: Bad habits.
P. Adilbayeva, teacher of English
of high degree
-To acquire thinking skills.
- To apply knowledge to new situations and to develop strategies for solving problems.
-To demonstrate understanding by writing worksheet.
- To learn and train new words.
- To read the text and try to speak.
Teacher:Ladies and gentlemen.No doubt, all of us are deeply interested in today’s discussion as they are sure it’s health that comes first. Only healthy people can live and enjoy life, be happy and make others happy.
- What's a Habit?
A habit is a pattern of behavior that's repeated, and the person usually isn't even aware of it.
2. Phonetic work. T: Let’s repeat words and phrases that we now need for our lesson:
twirl- to make something go around and around
subconscious- automatic; not based on thinking
conscious- fully aware; on purpose
admit- to tell the truth
once and for all- finally, without any chance of changing your mind
follow through- to stick to your plan
quit cold turkey- to stop (a habit) instantly and never do it again
setbacks- events or situations that prevent or delay your goal
inevitable- will happen no matter what
log- to keep track in a chart
kick a habit- to break a subconscious pattern
How can we break them?
Do you bite your nails or twirl your hair? Maybe you eat too quickly or check your email ten times an hour. Most of us have one bad habit or another. Habits are subconscious. This means we perform them automatically without thinking. Stress, boredom, and fatigue can cause our habits to worsen.
Experts say it takes three months to form a habit. How long does it take to break a habit? Unlike biting your nails, breaking this habit requires conscious effort.
The first thing to do is to admit what your habit is. Next, decide once and for all that you are ready to break it. Come up with a plan and follow through. You don’t have to quit cold turkey. Accept that there will be setbacks; they are inevitable. Don’t beat yourself up when you have a setback. Think of the well known saying: “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.” Do you get any enjoyment out of your habit? It is a good idea to name the reasons why your habit is “bad”.
Does it embarrass you or others? Does it cost a lot of money? Tell other people your plan to break this habit.Log your progress and your setbacks. When you kick your habit, congratulate yourself! Now you have the tools to break the next one.
According to the reading are the following statements True or False? If the statement is
false, correct the information.
1. Checking e-mail many times an hour is an example of a bad habit.
2. Extreme tiredness can cause a person to perform a bad habit.
3. The best way to quit a bad habit is cold turkey.
4. It usually takes three months to break a bad habit.
5. People who are trying to break a bad habit should keep their plan to themselves.
ANSWER KEY and Notes
3. False. The best way to quit a bad habit is to follow through with your plan but admit that there will be setbacks.
4. False. It usually takes three months to form a bad habit.
5. False. People who are trying to break a bad habit should tell others their plan to break the habit.
Gerunds always end with the suffix ing, functions as a noun in the sentence, and answers the question "what."
3.girl (bite) her nails
7.Hometask.Write a short essay on theme:”Swearing(ribaldry) is a bad habit that young people must quit.”.
Номер материала: 51654033132
Вам будут интересны эти курсы:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|