Эл. №ФС77-60625 от 20.01.2015
Домашнее чтение для 6-х классов
1. Read and translate the text.
CIRCUS COMES TO TOWN
Eddie and Alan are brothers. They live in a small town in America. Eddie is 12 and Alan is 7. Eddie is a tall boy with dark hair and blue eyes. Alan looks like his brother but he is small.
The boys have no father and their mother is very poor. She has no money and the boys are often hungry.
One day Alan comes home and says:
– Eddie, do you want to go to the circus?
– Circus? What circus? – asks Eddie.
– Don’t you know that the circus is in town? – says Alan.
The boys want to go to the circus very much: a circus doesn’t often come to their town. So they run to their mother to ask for money. But the poor woman has no money. And the boys can’t get the tickets.
Alan and Eddie don’t know what to do. Then a good idea comes to Eddie.
– Let’s go and help the circus workers. People say they give tickets to the boys who help them, – says Eddie.
And the brothers run to the circus. They see a lot of boys there. They want to work and get tickets, too. Soon every boy gets his work. They work much and soon they are tired. But they can’t stop their work. They must work and work to get the tickets for the show. The boys want to see monkeys and tigers very much and that helps them to work.
At last evening comes. The boys get their tickets. They take them and run to the circus. Eddie and Alan are very happy, but they are hungry and tired, too. They sit down on the bench and wait for the beginning of the show. Soon it begins. It is very interesting: the elephants dance, the monkeys play football, the tigers jump, the clowns tell funny stories. All the people laugh and clap their hands. But Eddie and Alan don’t laugh, they don’t clap their hands. They don’t see the elephants, the tigers and the monkeys. They don’t hear the clowns’ funny stories. The boys are asleep!
2. Find the sentences with these words in the text and read them. Learn the words.
1) poor [pVq] бедный
2) hungry [`hANgrI] голодный
3) circus [`sE:kqs] цирк
4) get [get] доставать, получать
5) soon [sHn] вскоре, скоро
6) to tell [tel] рассказывать
7) story [`stPrI] история, рассказ
8) to hear [hIq] слышать
9) to wait for smth. (smb.) ждать ч-либо (к-либо)
10) so [sqV] итак, таким образом
11) to be tired [taIqd] устать
12) show [SqV] представление
13) at last [qt`lRst] наконец
14) bench [benC] скамья, скамейка
15) clown [klaVn] клоун
16) to laugh [lRf] смеяться
17) to clap one’s hands [`klxp`hxndz] хлопать в ладоши
18) to be asleep [q`slJp] спать
19) to ask smb. for smth.–просить к-либо о ч-либо
20) ticket [`tIkIt] билет
3. Translate the phrases into English, find the sentences with them in the text. Learn the phrases.
Быть похожим на; разве ты не знаешь; давай пойдем; сесть.
4. True, false or don’t know? If the sentence is false, put it right.
Eddie and Alan live in Great Britain.
Alan’s eyes are blue.
The boys’ mother is thirty years old.
A circus comes to the boys’ town every year.
Eddie and Alan want to go to the circus.
The boys’ mother gives them $10 to buy the tickets.
Eddie and Alan are hardworking.
The boys get their tickets in the morning.
The show is very interesting.
Eddie and Alan like the show very much.
5. Put the sentences in the right order to get a story.
The boys want to go to the circus very much.
The poor woman has no money.
Eddie and Alan live in a small town in America.
They get the tickets for the show.
Eddie and Alan don’t watch the show because they are asleep.
They are poor.
The boys go to the circus to help the workers.
One day a circus comes to their town.
The show is very interesting.
They ask their mother for money.
6. Answer the questions about the text.
Where do Eddie and Alan live?
How old are they?
Why are the boys often hungry?
Do they want to go to the circus? Why?
Why do they begin to help the circus workers?
When do the boys get their tickets?
Is the show interesting?
Do Eddie and Alan like the show?
7. Here are the answers. What are the questions?
They are brothers.
No, Eddie is tall.
They run to the circus.
The elephants dance.
They laugh and clap their hands.
No, they are asleep.
8. Retell the text.
Краткое описание документа:
- Просмотры: 430
- Просмотры: 1095
- Просмотры: 1462
- Просмотры: 557
- Просмотры: 476
- Просмотры: 417
- Просмотры: 1833