Муниципальное общеобразовательное учреждение
«Гимназия г.Вольска Саратовской области»
Провела: учитель английского языка
Цели и задачи: - развитие коммуникативной компетенции, логического мышления, внимания, умения анализировать и сопоставлять;
- развитие положительной мотивации к изучению английского языка;
- формирование у школьников уважения, интереса к культуре страны изучаемого языка, обучение навыку умения работы в коллективе.
Оборудование: компьютер, мультимедийный проектор, необходимые материалы для проведения игр.
Teacher: Good morning, boys and girls! At our lesson I'll tell you about Halloween, you will recite poems, take a quiz and play games. Divide into two teams, please.
- Let's learn new words, they help you to know more about this interesting holiday "Halloween".
(Pumpkin, candle, Jack-o'-lantern, ghost, witch, bat, skeleton, vampire, pirate, candy, trick-o-treat)
- Many centuries ago Celts live on the British islands, where now you can see Ireland and Scotland, and on the 1st of November they celebrate the Holly Day (День Всех Святых). They believed that on the Eve (канун) at night witches, vampires, wicked magicians could do everything with people. People locked doors and shut windows and never went out at night. Nowadays on the 31st of October people celebrate a merry holiday - Halloween. In the evening children put on funny costumes of witches, skeletons, ghosts, vampires and pirates, dance and play games. They go from house to house and say "trick-o-treat!" And people give them candies and fruits.
- Once there lived a funny girl. She had got Granny and loved her very much. On the 31st of October she decided to visit her Granny and to bring her a big pumpkin. The girl had to go through a big dark forest. A wicked witch lived there and liked to eat small children. She saw a little girl and tried to catch her. The girl hid behind bushes, took a pumpkin, cut an ugly face, put a candle into it and put a pumpkin on her head. The witch saw a very tall monster with big luminous eyes, got a scare and ran away. The clever girl brought the pumpkin to her Granny, and Granny baked a taste pie. Since that time people put pumpkins with candles inside on the windows on the Halloween night.
- Now answer my questions:
Where did the girl go?
Who lived in the dark forest?
What did the girl do when she saw the witch?
What about the witch?
1. When is Halloween celebrated?
A) on the 25th of December
B) on the 14th of February
C) on the 31st of October
2. Where did Halloween come from?
C) Ireland and Scotland
3. What do children do on Halloween?
A) sing and dance
C) play games
4. What is Jack-o'-lantern made from?
5. What do children put on?
A) jeans and sweaters
B) costumes of witches and ghosts
C) trousers and shirts
II. Puzzle -find words
Pumpkin, skeleton, ghost, witch, bat, rat, goblin, treat, Dracula, mask, Halloween, monster, black cat
III. Unscramble the words
1. radk 2. lpsel 3. ctiwh 4. orhror 5. msak 6. soghts 7. iravmep 8. emutsoc 9. kpinpum 10. olewnleHa
IV. Use the following code to learn the secret.
Write the letters in the correct dots.
A-1, B-2, C-3, D-4, E-5, F-6, G-7, H-8, I-9, J-10, K-11, L-12, M-13, N-14, O-15, P-16, Q-17, R-18, S-19, T-20, U-21, V-22, W-23, X-24, Y-25, Z-26.
...(12) ...(15) ...(15) ...(11) ...(15) ...(21) ...(20)!
... (8) ... (5) ...(18) ...(5)
...(3) ...(15) ...(13) ...(5) ...(19)
...(1) ...(23) ...(9) ...(3) ...(11) ...(5) ...(4)
...(23) ...(9) ...(20) ...(3) ...(8)!
... (18) ...(21) ...(14)!
V. The Puzzles.
Put the words in ABC order instead of the dots (...). Look at the second letter if two words start the same. Start at the top with number 1.
1. ...; 2. ...; 3. ...; 4. ...; 5. ...; 6. ...; 7. ...; 8. ...; 9. ...; 10. ...; 11. ...; 12. ...; 13. ...;14. …
Monster, witch, costume, dark, hobo, ghost, haunt, weird, mask, skeleton, devil, goblin, clown, scary.
VI. Blow the Ghost
Номер материала: 59504040434
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: