A Trip by Plane
An American farmer wanted to make an air trip. There was an airport close to his farm. So one morning he came there to ask if he could make an air trip.
"You see," he said to one of the pilots, "I have never flown before, but I would like to." The pilot told him that the price of the trip was 10 dollars for a ten-minute trip. "Oh, it's a dollar a minute," the farmer said. "Can't you reduce the price?" The pilot thought for a minute and then said, "I won't take any money if you don't say a word during the whole trip." The farmer agreed.
"By the way," said the pilot, "you may take your wife too." The farmer was happy.
The next day at three o'clock the farmer and his wife arrived at the airport. Soon they were up in the air. The plane flew at a high speed, it went up and down very quickly, but the passengers didn't say a word.
"You are brave people," said the pilot. "I thought you would be afraid to fly."
"Well," said the farmer, "I am glad, I will not have to pay for the trip, as I didn't have to say a word, but I wanted to speak to you when my wife fell out of the plane."
A Write down whether the following statements are true or false.
An English farmer wanted to make an air trip
An airport was not far from his farm
The farmer has already flown several times.
The farmer didn't like the price of the trip.
He found the trip expensive.
The farmer decided to take his wife because it could make the price of the trip less.
The plane flew at a high speed
The passengers kept silent when they were in the air.
The farmer's wife was quite well after the trip.
The farmer paid 10 dollars for a trip.
II. Put the verbs in brackets in the correct form.
1. Jane always let me______ (help) him.
a) to help; b)help; c)helps
2. Ann and Nick _____ (discuss) this problem now.
a) are discussing; b)is discussing; c)discuss
3. I _______ (learn) English for 5 years.
a) learnt; b)am learning; c)have been learning
4. My mother saw Mary____ (walk) in the yard.
a)to walk; b)walks; c)walk
a) is make; b)is made; c)is maden
6. The room ____(clean) soon.
a) will clean; b)will cleaned; c)will be cleaned
7. Mary must___ (finish) her story.
a) finish; b)to finish; c)finishing
8. If it____ (be) misty tomorrow, it ____(be) difficult
to drive a car.
a) is, will be; b)will, is; c)be, will be
9. The strong wind ____ (blow) when she left the house.
a)blew; b)blows; c)was blowing
10. Tom______ already____(eat) his dinner.
a) have, eaten; b)has, eaten; c)have, eat
11. Steve’s brother said he___ (live) in London.
a) live; b)is living; c)lived
12. He ______ (watch) TV tomorrow at 10 o’clock.
a) will be watching; b)will watch; c)is watching
13. Polly said Jane_____ (not stay) long in the direct sunlight.
a)not to stay; b)did not stay; c)does not stay
14. She ____ (clean) the flat before her cousin returned.
a) cleaned; b)had cleaned; c)have cleaned
15. This photo___ (take) yesterday.
a) took; b)was taken; c)is taken
16. I like to watch your children_____ (play)
a) played; b)is playing; c)playing
17. What do we call continent___ (discover) by Columbus?
a) discover; b)discovered; c)discovering
18. Where___ you (buy)___these souvenirs?
a) did, buy; b)did ,bought; c)have, buy
19. I want___ (he) to comeback at 5 o’clock.
a) he; b)his c)him
20. Tom____(not drink) coffee for breakfast.
a) do not drink; b)does not drink; c)does not drinks
Номер материала: 60772040521
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|