Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
“There is an art of reading as well as an art of thinking and an art of writing.” Isaac D’Israeli a British writer. He is best known for his essays and as the father of British Prime Minister Bendjamin D’Israeli
“There is an art of reading as well as an art of thinking and an art of writing.” Isaac D’Israeli
Reading Skills Assessment
4 task English and American writers 1. This famous American writer was born in 1835 and died in 1910. In his young years he tried the professions of a printer and a newspaper reporter. He wrote several short stories and novels and gained popularity as a humorist writer. His real name is Samuel Langhorne Clemens.
2. Despite of this person was born in India and lived many years there he became a well-known English writer. He had 2 children – a boy and a girl, and when they were little he told them tales which he had made up himself. Later he published them, and the story about a little Indian boy brought up by the wolves became one of the most popular.
3. At the Oxford University he studied mathematics and in a few years the man began to teach it. Charles Dodgson had no family, but he often visited his friend Henry Liddell who had 3 little girls. One of the daughters asked him to write down the stories he had made for her and he did so.
4. San Francisco is a native town for that writer. Almost all his life he spent in poverty but tried to earn his living regularly. He even moved to Alaska to have a chance to find gold there but he couldn’t. His popular books are about brave people of the North. One of them is “Martin Eden” in which he described his own life.
5. It is the greatest English writer of the 17-th century. He got a very good education. He knew history, mathematics, geography, several languages: French, Italian, Spanish, Latin and ancient Greek. His famous novel is about the adventures of a real man, Alexander Selkirk, who lived on a desert island for 4 years.
6. This famous English writer was a son of a glove-maker. He went to grammar school in Stratford and had quite a good education. There he learnt to love reading. Later he moved to London and soon became an important member of a well-known acting company. Four hundred years later his plays are still acted – not only in England but in the whole world.
7. He was born in 1759 and lived to be 37. Nevertheless he greatly enriched English literature with his unforgettable works and became the national poet of Scotland. Perhaps his best poems are songs of love and nature .At the age of 27 he published a volume of his poetry. To his surprise it was a success and he went to Edinburgh. His best known songs date from his final years.
Answers 1. Mark Twain 2. Rudyard Kipling 3. Lewis Carol 4. Jack London 5. Daniel Defoe 6. William Shakespeare 7. Robert Burns
Facts and Statistics 30% of teens say they've borrowed a book from their local library in the last year 61.3% of teens say they read at least one extra book per month for personal pleasure that isn't required for school 77.7% of teens rarely see their parents reading 50% of teens label their friends as "book readers" and discuss books together
The ways in which teens read books 98.0% 29.4% 16.4% 13.5% online an actual book (paper) eReader on my mobile phone
Conclusion Discuss one way today’s lesson could be used in the real world. Describe one topic that we covered today that you would like to learn more about.
"So please, oh PLEASE, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away. And in its place you can install, a lovely bookshelf on the wall.“ Roald Dahl
Краткое описание документа: