WHAT'S IT LIKE BEING QUEEN?
Being Queen is a really busy job. Elizabeth II gets up early and begins the day by looking through the newspapers. Then she reads letters from the public (she gets more than 1000 each week), and tells her staff how she would like them to be answered. The Queen has daily meetings with her Private Secretary who helps her to go through her paperwork, and lots of meetings with ambassadors, new judges, and bishops.
In the afternoon Elizabeth II often goes out on public engagements — she gets thousands of invitations each year. She opens new hospitals, bridges and factories.
Being Queen is not a 9 to 5 job, and Elizabeth II has to work from early in the morning until late at night. And people watch her all the time.
Of course, she has some free time, and some private life, but less than most people. In her spare time, Elizabeth II enjoys horseracing, fishing, and walking in the countryside. She also enjoys photography and likes taking photos on her travels. In 50 years the Queen has been on 251 official visits to 128 different countries.
1. True or False?
1. Elizabeth II gets up late.
2. She gets many letters from the3 public.
3. Her husband helps her to go through her paperwork.
4. In the afternoon she goes on public engagements.
5. The Queen works from 9 till 5.
6. She has been to many countries.
2. There are 4 paragraphs in the text. Match the paragraph with the title (one is extra).
1. The Queen’s Hobby.
2. Her favourite pet.
3. Busy beginning of the day.
4. Public meetings.
5. Job being Queen.
Номер материала: ДВ-474985
Вам будут интересны эти курсы:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|