Эл. №ФС77-60625 от 20.01.2015
Учителям 1-11 классов и воспитателям дошкольных ОУ вместе с ребятами рекомендуем принять участие в международном конкурсе «Законы экологии», приуроченном к году экологии. Участники конкурса проверят свои знания правил поведения на природе, узнают интересные факты о животных и растениях, занесённых в Красную книгу России. Все ученики будут награждены красочными наградными материалами, а учителя получат бесплатные свидетельства о подготовке участников и призёров международного конкурса.
ПРИЁМ ЗАЯВОК ТОЛЬКО ДО 21 ОКТЯБРЯ!
Конкурс "Законы экологии"
Мероприятие по английскому языку на тему ’What do you know about English- speaking countries?’
поддержание у учащихся интереса к предмету;
формирование стойкой мотивации к изучаемому иностранному языку;
воспитание чувства коллективизма при групповой форме работы;
воспитание культуры общения.
расширение кругозора учащихся и повышение их интеллектуального уровня за счет новой страноведческой информации;
развитие внимания и восприятия, зрительной и слуховой памяти, мышления, воображения и способности к аналитической деятельности.
Развивать лексико-грамматические умения, умения аудирования;
Систематизировать ранее известные сведения о США и Великобритании;
обогатить знания учащихся об истории, известных людях, достопримечательностях стран изучаемого языка.
Оборудование: компьютер, проектор, презентации.
Географическая карта англоязычных стран;
Флаги, эмблемы стран изучаемого языка.
Teacher: Hello dear friends. I’m so glad to greet you at the English party today. Two teams will take part in our English contest. The first team is the team of 8a form, and the second team is the team of 8b form. Besides, there will be two groups of supporters. Our Intellect-show will be devoted to the English-speaking countries. There will be 7 rounds. Some tasks will be difficult, others will be easier. Between the rounds there'll be some musical pauses to relax and to have a little rest. I would like to check your knowledge of culture, geography, science, literature, and history of the English-speaking countries. Let the teams introduce themselves.
Present the name of your team
Present the names of your participants
Present your emblem
Present your motto
Present your captain
The first round is warming-up (разминка)
I have 3 questions for each team. If you answer correctly you'll get 1 star.
1 What English-speaking countries do you know?
2 Where is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland located?
3 Name the first president of the USA?
4 What are the official languages of Canada?
5 What is the capital of the USA?
6 Which hemisphere are New Zealand and Australia located in?
The second round. Do you remember?
1 How many parts does Great Britain consist of?
2 Where is Scotland situated?
3 Who discovered America?
4 How many states are there in the USA?
5 What river does London stand on?
6 Where is the Statue of Liberty situated?
7 Which continent does Canada lie on?
8 What is Australia famous for?
The third round. And now Captains’ contest is for your attention.
1 Here you can see wax model of famous people.
2 The museum dedicated to human history, art and culture is located in the Bloomsbury area of London. It has 8.000 collections of works.
3 English Kings and Queens are usually married here. Many of them are buried here as well as famous writers.
4 The building was rebuilt by Christopher Wren after the Great Fire of London in 1666.
5 It was a fortress, a royal palace and later a prison. It is a museum now.
6 You see his statue on the top of the column on Trafalgar Square in London? Who is he?
The fourth round. Say it in one word.
1. My FIRST is what we do after we get up.
My SECOND is the suffix of the present participle.
My THIRD is a letter which comes after "s".
My FOURTH is a preposition.
My WHOLE is a capital.
2. My first is a modal verb but it also is a cylindrical metal container.
My second is the second letter of the ABC.
My third is a suffix that is used to form the comparative degree of adjectives and adverbs .
My fourth is a letter which comes after ‘q’.
My fifth is an indefinite article.
My whole is a capital.
3. My first is the indefinite article. My second is the synonym of the « wide». My whole means in a foreign country.
4. My first is an adverb of the word ‘Good’.
My second is the suffix of the present participle.
My third comes after the letter ‘S’.
My fourth is a preposition.
The fifth round
Look at the screen. Now you'll have a chance to view some London sights. Get ready to name them. You have half a minute to consult.
The Capitol State Library in Victoria
The Statue of Liberty Great Barrier Reef
The Congress library Sydney Opera House
The White House Harbour Bridge
Lincoln’s Memorial Royal Botanic Garden
Broadway Street Coral Beef Barrier
The sixth round
Look at the screen: you have different sectors. You've got questions on geography, famous people, history, literature, science, and culture/education. You have the right to choose the sector and answer the question. The cost of a question is 5 points.
Choose any sector you like.
Each team has from 4 to 8 trials.
1.What river is the capital of the USA situated on?
2. What is the highest peak in the USA? Denali in Alaska
3. What channel separates England and France?
4. Where does the famous lake located where Loch Ness monster lives?
5. What is the highest mountain in the UK?
6. Name the country that is a continent, a state and an island at the same time.
7. Which is the nearest neighbour to the US?
8. What is the longest river in the USA?
1. Who is considered to be the father of the country?
2. Who created the best animated cartoons in the USA?
3. Which of the US Presidents was a Hollywood actor?
4. Who is the greatest American architect of all times?
1. Who invented the telephone?
2. Who invented the light bulb?
3. Who is the author of the gravitation theory?
4. Who discovered penicillin?
5. What English biologist said that humans were descended from apes?
1. What was the first holiday, celebrated by American colonies?
2. What tea party is a historical event?
4. What was the number of the first English colonies in America?
6. How long did war between England and France ?
7. The English princess, who died tragically in a car accident.
1. What was Mark Twain’s real name?
2. Who wrote the story “The old man and the sea”?
3. The queen of English detective story?
4. The character of the novel by Daniel Defoe, who lived on a desert island ?
1.Which of them is almost a symbol of British culture? A cup of tea or a cup of coffee? There’s no real tea time.
2.The meal after breakfast in Great Britain is ...
3.Poetic name of England is foggy ...
4.On the day of the week starts in Britain?
5. What is the British beverage traditionally drunk with milk ?
6.The police in the United States are called …
7.The tree - the symbol of Canada is ….
8. A gift given by the French and became a symbol of freedom is .. statue of liberty
9. What the colour of double-deckers in London?
10. What is the nickname of the American flag?
11. What person in London has the address 10, Downing Street?
12. What is the symbol of New Zealand?
The seventh round
Choose the American states from this list. (Scotland, Wales, Alaska, England, Texas, Northern Ireland)
What countries do these flags belong to? What colour is the British flag?
Which city is in Australia? (London, Sydney, Cardiff, Belfast, Edinburgh)
What lakes are in Canada? (Lake Superior, Huron, Albert, Erie, Ontario)
Teacher: Learn English and you’ll be able to travel to any English speaking country. I’m sure your life will be enriched!
And now let me announce the results of our competition. Thanks a lot for taking part in the English party.
- Просмотры: 152
- Просмотры: 129
- Просмотры: 119
- Просмотры: 784
- Просмотры: 867
- Просмотры: 681
- Просмотры: 208