SOME, ANY, NO, EVERY
И ИХ ПРОИЗВОДНЫЕ
Some обозначает некоторое количество.
We have got some dictionaries.
We have got no dictionaries.
We haven't got any dictionaries.
Have you got any dictionaries?
Задание 1.Вставьте some, any или по.
1. There are ... pictures in the book. 2. Are there ... new students in your group? 3. There are ... old houses in our street. 4. Are there ... English textbooks on the desks? - - Yes, there are ... . 5. Are there ... maps on the walls? —No, there aren't ... . 6. Are there ... pens on the desk? - - Yes, there are.... 8. Are there ... sweets in your bag? - - Yes, there are ... . 9. Have you got ... English books at home? -- Yes, I have ... . 10. There are ... beautiful pictures in the magazine. Look at them. 11. There is ... ink in my pen: I cannot write.
Задание 2. Вставьте something, anything, nothing или everything,
1. ... is all right, the patient is much better today! 2. Is there ... interesting in the program of the concert? 3. I could see ... : it was quite dark. 4. Give me ... to drink. 5. I didn't take any money with me so I couldn't buy ... . 6. My new eyeglasses are very good, I can see ... now. 7.1 saw ... near the wood that looked like a tent.
Задание 3. Вставьте something, anything, nothing или everything.
Give me ... to read, please. - - With pleasure, 2. I don't know ... about your town. Tell me .., about it. 3. Please give me ... warm: it is cold here. 4. I understand ... now. Thank you for your explanation. 5. There is ... white in the box. 'What is it? 6. Is there ... that you want to tell me? 7. Where is the book? — It is on the table. - No, there is . . there.
somebody — кто-нибудь, кто-то
Не asked somebody to help him.
He asked nobody to help him. He did not ask anybody to help him.
Did he ask anybody to help him?
everybody — все
Задание 4. Вставьте somebody, anybody, nobody или everybody.
1. Has ... in this group got a dictionary? 2. ... left a magazine in our classroom yesterday. 3. The question was so difficult that ... could answer it. 4. I am afraid I shan't be able to find ... in the office now: it is too late. 5. ... knows that water is necessary for life. 6. Is there ... here who knows French? 7. You must find ... who can help you. 8. ... knew anything about America before Columbus discovered it. 9. I saw ... in the train yesterday who looked like you. 10. There is ... in the next room. I don't know him. 11. Please tell us the story. ... knows it. 12. Is there ... in my group who lives in the dormitory? 13. Has ... here got a red pencil? 14. ... can answer this question. It is very easy.
Задание 5. Заполните пропуски, вставив одно из слов, данных в скобках.
1. We haven't ... black stockings (no, any). 2 They have ... red boots, Kate (any, no). 3. I don't want... today, thank you (nothing, anything). 4. "I haven't got ... clean exercise-books, Mother," said the boy (any, no). 5. "We shall not buy ... in this shop, children," said the mother (nothing, anything). 6. Didn't you buy ... potatoes yesterday (any, no)?
17.1 didn't see ... in the street when I went out (anybody, nobody). 8. We did not play ... games in the yard because it was raining all day long (no, any). 9. There is ... at home (anybody, nobody). 10. How much did you pay for these boots? - I didn't pay ... (nothing, anything). They are a present from my grandmother. 11. Have you lost ... (anything, nothing)? - - No, nobody here has lost .. (nothing, anything).
Задание 6. Поставьте следующие предложения в отрицательную и вопросительную форму.
1. They have done something. 2. He has given them some money. 3. You have brought something for us. 4. I have taken some English books from you. 5. She was reading something. 6. He has written a letter to somebody. 7. Somebody by the name of Petrov lives on the third floor. 8. They have some English books. 9. There are some tall trees in front of their house. 10. Peter has something in his box. 11. There are some parks in this town, 12. There are some good book shops in our district.
Задание 7. Переведите на английский язык.
1. В столовой есть кто-нибудь? 2. В саду никого нет. 3. В нашей комнате есть кто-нибудь? 4. Там есть кто-то. 5. Там никого нет. 6. В библиотеке есть кто-нибудь? 7. За занавеской есть что-нибудь? - - Нет, там ничего нет. 8. В сумке что-то есть. 9. В доме есть кто-нибудь? - - Да, там есть кто-то. 10. Под столом есть что-нибудь? - Да, там что-то есть. 11. Там ничего нет. 12. В кабинете врача есть кто-нибудь? — Нет, там никого нет. 13. В нашей библиотеке есть кое-какие книги на английском языке. 14. В вашей библиотеке есть какие-нибудь книги Джека Лондона? 15. Мой дядя хочет мне что-то сказать. 16. На другой день мой брат знал всех. 17. Если вы захотите что-нибудь поесть, идите в вагон-ресторан. 18. Расскажите нам всё о вашем путешествии.
Заметьте, что в утвердительных предложениях
"any" значит «любой» "anything" значит «что угодно» "anybody" значит «кто угодно»
Задание 8. Вставьте some, any, no или их производные.
1. Here are ... books by English writers. Take ... book you like. 2. There are ... boys in the garden because they are at school. 3. I can see ... on the snow, but I don't know what it is. 4. Are there ... desks in the classroom? - Yes, there are many. 5. There are ... books on this desk, but there are...._ exercise-books. 6. Did he say ... about it? - - No, he said .... 7. What shall I do now, Mom? I, have done my homework. - You can do ... you* like.-
8. There was ... in the street because it was Very late. 9. ... wants to see him. 10 Is there ... heге who knows this man? 11. Have you ... books on Dickens? I want to read ... about him. I have read ... books by Dickens and I am interested in the life of the writer. 12. Can ... tell me how to get to the Public Library? - - Yes, take ... bus that goes from here towards the railway station and get off at the third stop. 13. Please bring me ... apples,
Mary. 14. That is a very easy question - - ... can answer it.
somewhere — где-нибудь, куда-нибудь, где-то, куда-то
I saw this man somewhere.
I saw this man nowhere. I did not see this man anywhere.
Did you see this man anywhere?
everywhere — везде
Задание 9. Вставьте somewhere, anywhere, nowhere или everywhere.
1. I put my dictionary ... yesterday and now I can't find it ....-- Of course, that is because you leave your books ... . 2. You must go ... next summer. 3. Did you go ... on Sunday? 4. Let's go ... . The weather is fine. I don't want to stay at home in such weather. 5. I cannot find my glasses .... I always put them ... and then look for them for hours. 6. Today is a holiday. The streets are full of people. There are flags, banners and flowers ....
Задание 10. Переведите на английский язык.
1. На столе лежит что-то круглое. Что это такое? 2. Никто об этом ничего не знает. 3. В городе много парков. Везде деревья и цветы. 4. В той комнате кто-то есть. 5. Анна живет где-то в этом районе. 6. Я никого не знаю в этом городе. 7. Дай мне, пожалуйста, что-нибудь поесть. 8. Кто-нибудь знает адрес нашего учителя? 9. Все в порядке. 10. Кто-нибудь хочет посмотреть телевизор? 11. Мы слышали эту песню повсюду. 12. Он где-то в саду.
Задание 11. Вставьте одно из следующих слов:
a) some, any, no.
1. There were ... of my friends there. 2. Well, anyway, there is ... need to hurry, now that we have missed the train. 3. Have you ever seen ... of these pictures before? 4. There is ... water in the" kettle: they have drunk it all. 5. There were ... fir-trees in that forest, but many pines. 6. We could not buy cherries, so we bought ... plums instead.
b) somebody, anybody, nobody.
1.1 saw ... I knew at the lecture. 2. I dare say that there may be ... at the lecture that I know, but what does that matter? 3. Do you really think that ... visits this place? 4. I have never seen ... lace their boots like that.
c) somewhere, anywhere, nowhere.
1.1 haven't seen him ... . 2. I know the place is ... about here, but exactly where, I don't know. 3. Did you go ... yesterday? - - No, I went ... , I stayed at home the whole day.
Задание 12. Вставьте some, any, no, every или их производные.
1. Can I have ... milk? - - Yes, you can have .... 2. Will you have ... tea? 3. Give me ... books, please. I have ... to read at home. 4. Put ... sugar in her tea: she does not like sweet tea. 5. Is ... the matter with you? Has ... offended you? I see by your face
that ... has happened. 6. We did not see ... in the hall. 7. ... was present at the lesson yesterday. 8. He is busy. He has ... time to go to the cinema with us. 9. Do you need ... books to prepare for your report? 10. Have you ... questions? Ask me ... you like, I shall try to answer ... question. 11. ... liked that play: it was very dull. 12. If ... is ready, we shall begin our experiment.
Задание 13. Вставьте some, any, no, every или их производные.
1 Can ... see? No, ... people can't see ... people are blind. Blind people can't see. They can't see ... ; they can see ....
2. Can ... hear? No, ... people can't hear. ... people are deaf. People who are quite deaf can't hear. They can't hear ..., they can't hear .... They can hear ... ; they can hear .... 3. Can we see ... ? No,-we can't see ... . We cannot see the air. ... can see the air. 4. We can't walk without legs and feet. People without legs and feet can't walk. They can't walk .... They can walk .... 5. Can you see ... in an empty box? No, I can't see ... in an empty box. I can see ... in an empty box. Why not? Because there is ... in an empty box. There isn't ... in an empty box. What is an empty box? An empty box is a box that has ... in it. An empty box is a box without ... in it. An empty room is a room without ... in it.
Задание 14. Вставьте some, any, no или их производные.
1. Have you ... relations? - No, I haven't ... , I have ... relations. 2. Has she ... nephews or nieces? - - She has ... nephews. 3. She has ... sisters, she has only brothers. 4. Do you know ... about Chinese art? 5. They have ... cousins in Minsk. 6. Have you ... brothers? - No, I haven't ... , I have ... brothers. 7. I have ... good friends. 8. We did not know ... about his problems: he told us ... . 9. Have you got ... interesting books? 10. Have you ... friends in America? 11. He has ... English books in this bookcase. 12. Did you meet ... on your way to school? 13. Have you got ... pencils in your bag? 14. Do we have ... chalk on the blackboard? 15. How could I know that he was ill? ... told me ... . 16. She has ... mistakes in her test.
Задание 15. Вставьте одно из следующих слов: some, any, no, the или оставьте пропуски незаполненными.
1. Суп (вообще) содержит много воды. ... soup contains much water. 2. Суп готов. ... soup is ready. 3. Дайте мне супу. Give me ... soup. 4. Название этого супа — борщ. The name of ... soup is borshch. 5. Прежде всего нам нужно согреть воды. First of all we must heat ... water. 6. Прежде всего нам нужно согреть воду. First of all we must heat ... water. 7. Вода состоит из водорода и кислорода. ... water consists of hydrogen and oxygen.
8. Мыло необходимо для мытья. ... soap is necessary for washing. 9. На умывальнике нет мыла. There is ... soap on the wash-stand. 10.Мыло на полке. ... soap is on the shelf. 11. Мне не нравится цвет этого мыла. I don't like the colour of ... soap . 12. Есть у вас карболовое мыло? Have you got ... carbolic soap? 13. В Карелии много фабрик, которые производят бумагу. There are many factories in Karelia that produce ... paper. 14.Бумага для стенгазеты на столе. ... paper for the wall-newspaper is on the table 15. Дайте мне бумаги. Give me ... paper.
16. Я очень люблю этот сорт бумаги. I like this sort of ... paper very much. 17. Передай мне масло. Pass me ... butter, please. 18. Дай ему масла. Give him ... butter. 19.Я не хочу масла. I don't want ... butter. 20. Эта ферма производит масло. This farm produces ... butter. 21.В этом стакане нет молока. There is ... milk in this glass.
22.Возьми варенья. Take ... jam. 23.Возьми варенье. Take ... jam. 24. Любите ли вы бекон? Do you like ... bacon? 25.Какова цена бекона? What is the price of ... bacon? 26. Он никогда не кладет сахару в чай. Не never puts ... sugar in his tea. 27. Сахар -- важный пищевой продукт. ... sugar is an important food .
Задание 16. Вставьте a, the, some или оставьте пропуски незаполненными.
1. a) Give me ... water, please. I am thirsty.
b) ... water in this river is always cold.
c) ... water is necessary for animals and plants.
2. a) Do you like ... brown bread?
b) Please go to the shop and buy ... brown bread.
3. a) He likes ... modern music.
b) I should like to listen to ... music.
с) I don't like ... music, it is too noisy. Switch off the radio, please,
4. a) Ann has bought ... cheese,
b) Where did she put ... cheese?
c) Give me ... cheese, please.
5. a) Yesterday she invited us to dinner. It was ...
b) I cannot forget ... dinner we had at the Savoy.
Задание 17. Вставьте одно из следующих слов: some, the, а или оставьте пропуски незаполненными.
1. We use ... pencils or ... pens when we write. 2. He was reading ... book when I came into ... room. 3. Give me ... water to drink, please. 4. At what time will ... meeting begin? 5. Do you find ... English difficult? 6.1 got... letter from my brother yesterday. 7. I had ... bread and ... butter and ... egg for ... breakfast this morning. 8. Here is ... book that you left on my table yesterday. 9. ... men saw ... boat on ... river. 10. Can you give me ... match? 11. I get ... long letters from my mother, but only ... postcards from my brother. 12. The waitress put ... salad into each plate. 15. When did ... lesson begin? 14, Children must go to ... school. 15, Pass me ... piece of ... bread, please. 16. Do you like ... cucumbers? 17, We bought ... cucumbers at ... market.
Задание 18. Вставьте одно из следующих слов: some, any, no, the, а или оставьте пропуски незаполненными.
1. ... cats like ... milk. 2. They stopped in ... front of ... house where Tom lived. 3. I showed him ... way to ... station. 4. What is ... name of ... street in which you live? 5. I want to say ... words to your sister. 6. ... tea in this glass is cold. 7.... sun was high in ... sky. 8. Oh, there are ... apples in ... vase: ... children have eaten all of them. Please put ... apples into ... vase. 9. Yesterday we had ... fish for dinner. 10. He gave me ... coffee. 11.1 drank ... cup of ... coffee after ... dinner. 12. She bought ... new books yesterday. 13. Where are .„ books which you brought from ... library yesterday? 14. Did you buy ... apples when you were at ... shop? 15. We could not skate because there was ... snow on ... ice. 16. ... house must have ... windows. 17. Most people like ... music. 18. There